North Korea - Future Wars?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by preemptingyou03, Apr 3, 2004.

1. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a few quick questions for all of you.

1) Do you think it is possible that we will soon be involved in another war with a rogue state, and if so, with whom?

2) If we were to remove Kim Jon Il from power in North Korea, would that be considered part of the War on Terror, even though it isn't against radical Islam? I still think it would.

3) Considering France and Germany don't have financial ties to the Koreans, if we did preempt the North Koreans, would we have their support?

4) Would China get involved perhaps causing World War III?

Personally, I think by 2005, (after Bush wins the election) we will have captured OBL by then, Afghanistan and Iraq will hold elections, insurgents will slowly stop in Iraq, and stability will come to that region.

By the summer of 2005, the drums of war will start with North Korea. By the summer of 2006, I except American, British, Italian, French, and German forces strolling the captial of Korea, and Kim Jong Il found in a spiderhole. Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea... three fronts in the beginning stages of the Global War on Terror.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Yes it would be part of the war with terror since there is evidence that N Korea has been cooporating with terrorists. They are using, the enemy of my enemy is my friend philosophy. I think Iran will be dealt with first though unless major developments occur in N Korea. kinda sad how all the problems we face today are problems because of one man. Jimmy Carter. Who failed to do his job.

3. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think with the capture of bin Laden and al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda as an organization will slowly start to collapse. And then it is Hezbollah's turn.

Iran sponsors Hezbollah and Syria funds and shelters them. Iran and Syria might be next, but then again, North Korea is well ahead in their WMD programs than the previous two.

An American occupation of North Korea wouldn't bring us the guerrilla atatcks we are facing in Iraq, mainly because North Koreans aren't mature in the tactics of terrorism. A post-war North Korea would be much smoother than a post-war Iran or Syria, except the war itself with North Korea may be harder than expected.

A war with Iran would take about 4-8 weeks, and a post-war Iran would be like post-war Iraq.

A war with Syria would take about 1-3 weeks, and a post-war Syria would be WORSE than a post-war Iraq, because it is closer to the base of Hezbollah and Hamas which would carry out attacks.

A war with North Korea would take about 3 months, maybe longer, and would result in at least 2,000 American casualties. The North Korean military isn't the Iraqi or Iranian military. It is up there.

But a post-war NK wouldn't be all too difficult.

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    China has one of the worlds strongest growing economies, it seems North Korea is actually a burden to China. Going against the West would not benifit them. I see them a doing everything diplomatic as possible to avoid any conflict regarding NK.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    World War 3 is over. Reagan won it without firing a shot.

6. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good point about Reagan. I don't think that though. I think the Cold War could have led to World War III, but because of Truman's Doctrine and Reagan's policy, it didn't.

But my point is, if we go into Korea, would we have French and German support?

We need to defend our society but every time we go to war, we can't inflame the entire world against us. If we had French, German, and Russian support in taking out Saddam, anti-Americanism wouldn't be on such a scale.

7. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do you think we'll go to war with Korea? I see a possible war with North Korea sometime in 2006 or 2007.

8. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    For those feeling we are on the verge of a fight w/ N. Korea...or that N. Korea is capable of a sustained battle, please provide your sources of Intel.

9. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There have been reports that the Dept. of Defense has ordered equipment from the Afghan and Iraqi theaters, to the DMZ. This is just speculation though. I do, think however, Bush has a broader vision for his campaign against rogue states and terrorists.

10. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Reports where?