.North Dakota Boomtown Suffers Growing Pains Trying to Keep Up with Demand

It's just nuts we're not drilling anywhere and everywhere we can in this country and our territorial offshore waters as well. We're sitting on enough oil to take care of our needs for God only knows how long.

We have to be the laughing stock of the world, especially in the Middle East.

It wouldn't be a good idea to blow thought all those resources like it'll always be there. Lots of oil or not, it's still not renewable and will run out some day.

The stupid thing is that we're not taking advantage of it enough, and instead, sending billions of dollars to countries that despise us.

Canada is your primo supplier and yet Obama chose to block the pipeline.

Why?

Regarding the pipeline, as we’ve reported, there’s nothing stopping more Canadian oil from coming into the U.S. right now. Existing cross-border pipelines could carry perhaps 1 million additional barrels of oil per day, and surplus capacity is projected to persist for years to come even without the Keystone project.

Furthermore, Obama hasn’t “blocked” it. The Keystone’s sponsor says it expects the White House to approve the northern leg, from Hardisty, Alberta, to Steele City, Nebraska, in 2013, after it submits an application for a new route around Nebraska’s environmentally sensitive Sandhills region. Meanwhile, it is going ahead with the southern portion, which Obama has endorsed, ordering agencies to expedite permitting.

As for the claim that Obama “opposed exploring for energy in Alaska.” The truth is that Shell Oil days ago said it expects to begin drilling exploratory wells this summer in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas off Alaska’s Arctic coast, now that the Interior Department has granted approvals for the company’s oil spill response plans.

FactCheck.org : More Pipeline Piffle (And An Alaskan Absurdity)

Why?

Because he's a lefty idiot...among other things.

That he is. You win the trip to Hawaii:lol:

Trying to pull an Alex Trebec here. Horrific cold and I had no idea that the new cold medications could have this effect.

Bear with me.

Why don't all the so called "independents" get it?

the republican governor of Nebraska asked Obnama to block the pipeline.

It wouldn't be a good idea to blow thought all those resources like it'll always be there. Lots of oil or not, it's still not renewable and will run out some day.

The stupid thing is that we're not taking advantage of it enough, and instead, sending billions of dollars to countries that despise us.

Why?

Regarding the pipeline, as we’ve reported, there’s nothing stopping more Canadian oil from coming into the U.S. right now. Existing cross-border pipelines could carry perhaps 1 million additional barrels of oil per day, and surplus capacity is projected to persist for years to come even without the Keystone project.

Furthermore, Obama hasn’t “blocked” it. The Keystone’s sponsor says it expects the White House to approve the northern leg, from Hardisty, Alberta, to Steele City, Nebraska, in 2013, after it submits an application for a new route around Nebraska’s environmentally sensitive Sandhills region. Meanwhile, it is going ahead with the southern portion, which Obama has endorsed, ordering agencies to expedite permitting.

As for the claim that Obama “opposed exploring for energy in Alaska.” The truth is that Shell Oil days ago said it expects to begin drilling exploratory wells this summer in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas off Alaska’s Arctic coast, now that the Interior Department has granted approvals for the company’s oil spill response plans.

the entire thing about the Keystone pipeline is to get the tar sands oil to the gulf so it can be exported and raise the price of the tar sands oil.

Why?

Now first let's tackle your phrasing.

I find it most interesting. Then we can go on from there.

Because he's a lefty idiot...among other things.

Trying to pull an Alex Trebec here. Horrific cold and I had no idea that the new cold medications could have this effect.

Bear with me.

Our Govenor was sensitive to his constituents and asked for a hold so he could study the matter.

He has since approved the pipeline.

Now let's deal with truth. Obama blocked the new route. This is not a joke and this is not funny whatsoever.

Let's dance.

Bear with me.

Our Govenor was sensitive to his constituents and asked for a hold so he could study the matter.

How drugged out are you?:lol:

Have you ever seen the map of all the pipelines across Nebraska?

North Dakota is a happening place right now. Think I read something about MickyD's paying $15 bucks an hour.

If ND wasn't so damned cold in the Winter I'd head that way myself. LOL

:D

I'm north of it but I love ND to death. And the people are to die for. Bundle up and you can take the winter.

You will just have to explain why Real Tree is your new fashion statement instead of Vogue to your friends back east. And why the Cabela's Christmas Catalogue is on your coffee table.

I spent 20+ years in Northern NH and I could get back into the cold. We've got LL Bean. Bean here. Neat store. Open 365 days a year.

ND is a very well run State and has its own State Bank. One reason the folks in ND are doing so well.

I live in Florida now and kinda like the no snow and ice. However. I could change my mind. LOL

Granny says, Dat's right - it says inna Bible dey's gonna be earthquakes in various places inna end times...
:eek:
Scientists link deep wells to deadly Spain quake
21 Oct.`12 — Farmers drilling ever deeper wells over decades to water their crops likely contributed to a deadly earthquake in southern Spain last year, a new study suggests. The findings may add to concerns about the effects of new energy extraction and waste disposal technologies.
Nine people died and nearly 300 were injured when an unusually shallow magnitude-5.1 quake hit the town of Lorca on May 11, 2011. It was the country's worst quake in more than 50 years, causing millions of euros in damage to a region with an already fragile economy. Using satellite images, scientists from Canada, Italy and Spain found the quake ruptured a fault running near a basin that had been weakened by 50 years of groundwater extraction in the area.

During this period, the water table dropped by 250 meters (274 yards) as farmers bored ever deeper wells to help produce the fruit, vegetables and meat that are exported from Lorca to the rest of Europe. In other words, the industry that propped up the local economy in southern Spain may have undermined the very ground on which Lorca is built.

The researchers noted that even without the strain caused by water extraction, a quake would likely have occurred at some point. But the extra stress of pumping vast amounts of water from a nearby aquifer may have been enough to trigger a quake at that particular time and place, said lead researcher Pablo J. Gonzalez of the University of Western Ontario, Canada.

Miguel de las Doblas Lavigne, a geologist with Spain's National Natural Science Museum who has worked on the same theory but was not involved in the study, said the Lorca quake was in the cards. "This has been going on for years in the Mediterranean areas, all very famous for their agriculture and plastic greenhouses. They are just sucking all the water out of the aquifers, drying them out," he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "From Lorca to (the regional capital of) Murcia you can find a very depleted water level."

More Scientists link deep wells to deadly Spain quake - Yahoo! News

How drugged out are you?:lol:

Have you ever seen the map of all the pipelines across Nebraska?

I live here, you don't....and he has since approved the pipeline.....do some homework.

Link? More Pubcrappe, no doubt. Obama policy is intelligent, safe policy. The whole Pub argument is idiocy, for dupes only. No thought necessary or possible..

zzzzzzzzzzz-your party is a greedy, lying, snarling, brainwashed disgrace.

Is this why Obama has included over $40 billion in oil and gas industry taxes in his proposed budget? Exactly who is greedy here?

This thread is about a success story- success as the result of innovation, ingenuity, and risk taking in the private sector. Job creation without Obama's help. Economic activity, contribution to the GDP, improved balance of trade, energy security, tens of millions of dollars for local state and federal tax coffers...

Back to the whelping box, you sick puppy.

Forum List

Back