North Carolina - Swing State Series

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
North Carolina's election for governor coincides with the presidential election.

In 2008 Barrack Obama won North Carolina. That same year the democratic candidate for governor, Beverly Purdue was elected governor.

In 2012 Mitt Romney won North Carolina. That same year the republican candidate for governor, Pat McCrory was elected governor.

North Carolina is certainly a swing state. Governor Pat McCrory is not exactly a smooth politician. He approached pro-choice protesters after signing legislation that would limit access to abortions by offering them fresh baked cookies. He has a personality that rubs people the wrong way. That wasn't enough to cost him the governor's race. It wasn't enough to prevent him from being elected as the mayor of Charlotte.

This year McCrory is running against Roy Cooper which is a well known name here in North Carolina and a well spoken politician that gives off ooey gooey vibes. Republicans are also plagued by House Bill 2. House Bill 2 was a nuclear bomb in response to the City of Charlotte firing off their B. B. Air rifle. For the first time in North Carolina history it is illegal for a woman to enter a man's restroom effective sometime in March 2016. The bill was overreaching and made it very clear that there was no intention of the North Carolina legislature to consider future legislation to include sexual orientation as a category protected from discrimination. No federal law or North Carolina forbids discrimination based on sexual orientation for employers.

That's a little background. The governor's race will impact the presidential race. If McCrory loses then Hillary takes North Carolina. However, in May 2012 North Carolina voters voted to include in their constitution that homosexual marriages would be prohibited. Since then the Courts have nullified that portion of our state constitution. There may be enough traditional social conservatives that were energized by McCrory's signing of House Bill 2. My prediction is that the gamble of the republican controlled legislature will pay off. My prediction is that Trump will take North Carolina and McCrory will remain governor.

Stay tuned for the remaining Swing State Series

North Carolina - Episode 1
New Hampshire - Episode 2
Georgia - Episode 3
Utah - Episode 4
Arizona - Episode 5

Nevada - Episode 6
Colorado - Episode 7
New Mexico - Episode 8
Virginia - Episode 9
Pennsylvania - Episode 10
Michigan - Episode 11
Wisconsin - Episode 12
Florida - Episode 13
Iowa - Episode 14
Ohio - Episode 15

Wow! Hillary is saturating the TV and radio market where I live. I don't know if I have seen or heard any Trump ads.

Forum List

Back