North Carolina Parents Poised To Regain Control Of Kids' School Lunches...

North Carolina Child Care Commission <> Uncle Sam.

That being said the State has no business inspection lunches from home. I have no problem with them being required to provide healthy meals in the school cafeteria.

They should eliminate school cafeterias and lunches altogether. It is the Federal free & reduced lunch program that allows the feds to get their hooks into schools in the first place.

Parents should be responsible for feeding their kids, not schools.

I agree. Taken to the libertarian extreme we should do away with Public Schools altogether and make parents responsible for either educating their own children or paying someone else to do it for them.

The NSLP grew from the need to have healthy, able bodied soldiers ready for the military draft/training. Now with a third of the countries children obese I'm not sure it's needed anymore.

You are joking right? how am I supposed to teach my kids full time if I work full time?:confused:

I agree. Taken to the libertarian extreme we should do away with Public Schools altogether and make parents responsible for either educating their own children or paying someone else to do it for them.

The quality of education would probably be better if we did.

The quality of education would probably be better if we did.

Depends on the parents, I know plenty whose kids would be worse off. Basically in alot of places, public school is used for daycare and to stop kids from roaming the streets during the day if you want to be honest about it.

They should eliminate school cafeterias and lunches altogether. It is the Federal free & reduced lunch program that allows the feds to get their hooks into schools in the first place.

The NSLP grew from the need to have healthy, able bodied soldiers ready for the military draft/training. Now with a third of the countries children obese I'm not sure it's needed anymore.

You are joking right? how am I supposed to teach my kids full time if I work full time?:confused:

No I'm not, it is the extreme libertarian position. Is it my position. No.

As to your :confused: on the war connection.

The driving force behind the program was actually General George C. Marshall, then a minister on the cabinet in the Truman's Government.
During the WWII, the United States facing the needs for an expanding military to cope with war on two fronts. However many of the conscripts, especially those from working class families had had a hard life in the great depression of the 1930s and had adverse effects on their health. This led to an increasing number of conscripts not meeting basic health requirements for basic military services. This is caused alarm at the Department of Defense as it adversely affected the ability to meet the US troop requirements.
As soon as the WWII was finished, the US was already preparing for the next fight with Communism lead by the Soviet Union. It is with this in mind, with planners preparing for the next wave of conscriptions, that the US launched the National School Lunch Act as a means to boost overall health and nutrition for its population.

Why did we start the National School Lunch Program? - Democratic Underground

The driving force behind the program was actually General George C. Marshall, then a minister on the cabinet in the Truman's Government.
During the WWII, the United States facing the needs for an expanding military to cope with war on two fronts. However many of the conscripts, especially those from working class families had had a hard life in the great depression of the 1930s and had adverse effects on their health. This led to an increasing number of conscripts not meeting basic health requirements for basic military services. This is caused alarm at the Department of Defense as it adversely affected the ability to meet the US troop requirements.
As soon as the WWII was finished, the US was already preparing for the next fight with Communism lead by the Soviet Union. It is with this in mind, with planners preparing for the next wave of conscriptions, that the US launched the National School Lunch Act as a means to boost overall health and nutrition for its population.

Ah, interesting stuff. So before that if a kid didn't bring his own lunch he or she would be shit out of luck?

Ah, interesting stuff. So before that if a kid didn't bring his own lunch he or she would be shit out of luck?

Yep, that's the way my dad remembers it. I think they had a cafeteria but everyone had to pay. No money, no food. But back then alot of the kids could go home for lunch too.

Yep, that's the way my dad remembers it. I think they had a cafeteria but everyone had to pay. No money, no food. But back then alot of the kids could go home for lunch too.

I'm guessing back than parents were more responsible? right now it seems like we have alot of shitty parents.

I'm guessing back than parents were more responsible? right now it seems like we have alot of shitty parents.

Schools nowadays more oft than not have become 'babysitters'.

Good for them. Tell Uncle Sam to shove it up his ass.

That being said the State has no business inspection lunches from home. I have no problem with them being required to provide healthy meals in the school cafeteria.

I agree. They can all brown bag it.

Schools wouldn't need a cafeteria or people to cook and serve food.

How much money do ya think the school system would save?? That money could be used for something else.

Babysitters, daycare for when the parents are at work and basically a place to warehouse the kids to keep them off the streets during the day.

I don't know.

How much money do ya think the school system would save?? That money could be used for something else.

With the federal reimbursment money the School Cafeterias are now a big revenue source for the districts.

Babysitters, daycare for when the parents are at work and basically a place to warehouse the kids to keep them off the streets during the day.

And unfortunately not give a flip of passing or failing while they prepare for life. Just givem a passing grade and a trophy...and give birth to OWS when they find they've been lied to.

And unfortunately not give a flip of passing or failing while they prepare for life. Just givem a passing grade and a trophy...and give birth to OWS when they find they've been lied to.

Their all getting pushed through now, just go through the motions and you can get your high school diploma without knowing jack shit.

Their all getting pushed through now, just go through the motions and you can get your high school diploma without knowing jack shit.

Plenty of examples on these boards abound. :eusa_shhh:

Oh no doubt my brother. :thup:

With the federal reimbursment money the School Cafeterias are now a big revenue source for the districts.

But it allows the Feds to have hooks in the school districts. Best to get rid of it all. Either the parents are responsible for raising, clothing, feeding their kids......or the state is.

You are correct. You've shown you don't need a complete HS education to find the liquor store.

You can defeat the Nanny/Police Staters. But you have to stand up to them. You have to challenge them at every turn. Kudos to North Carolina on this one.

New Topics

Forum List

Back