North Carolina needed 6,500 farm workers. Only 7 Americans stuck it out.

But you still want to boot people you will bring back. It's absurd.

Maybe if they registered, oh, wait, no, they'll get kicked out if they register for anything. Great plan....

But you still want to boot people you will bring back.

Yup, boot millions, permanently, bring back thousands, temporarily.

they'll get kicked out if they register for anything.

It is a dilemma, isn't it?

It's like putting a 5 year old in charge of something, you know you're going to come up with something that just doesn't work properly.

Why doesn't a temporary farm worker program work properly?
Get the temporary visa, work a few months, take your money back home.
No overstaying, no huge expenses to US society, no anchor babies, no problem.

I didn't say a temporary farm worker program wouldn't work properly.

You think it doesn't cause problems? Yeah, sure, implement something and it will be all sunshine and roses, right....

I'm sure there will be bumps along the way.
We'll deal with them.

But there wouldn't need to be bumps if things were sorted out properly from the start, rather than vague ideas about how things might work in some dreamland.

Any person who is not disabled can do farm work.
yea they can do it.....the big question is....will they stick with it after they do it for a few weeks?......they have tried this shit many a time in california.....the answer is VERY few....thats why Cal has had the migrant farm worker program ...if you think some high school kid is going to bend over all day long in 110 degree heat for the wages those people get you must be smoking the good stuff.....
In other words, they need to pay them more.

Let say you went to these kind of work........... How much do you think you should get pay? Last time I heard these people get paid between $8 to $10 to $15.
If you are not cut out for these kind of jobs guarantee you will not last.

Even my buddy Trump he hired foreign workers for his vineyard at $15/hour plus board and lodging. I've been to vineyard many times here in Temecula and Napa valley vineyard. Working in vineyard is the easiest job compared to any kind of agricultural jobs. Any high school kids can do this job but Trump cannot find a local kids.
The same thing with his Maralago resort............ he said he can't find waitress and cook in Florida so he hired foreign people for his resort. Asshole.
Americans have been led to believe they are worth much more than they are. We have priced ourselves out of the market and public assistance pays better than a real job.
that would depend on what "real" job you are talking about.....

Wow, put loads of effort into booting people out, then bring them back again on a visa program. Why not just start the visa program and put these people on it?

Wow, put loads of effort into booting people out, then bring them back again on a visa program.

Bring back a few, not the millions we'll boot.

Why not just start the visa program and put these people on it?

Maybe if they all registered at an ICE office, we could pick the few we'll keep and it'll be easier to boot the rest?
And if you don't register, you can never return once deported......

Maybe if they registered, oh, wait, no, they'll get kicked out if they register for anything. Great plan....

It's like putting a 5 year old in charge of something, you know you're going to come up with something that just doesn't work properly.

1. Why doesn't a temporary farm worker program work properly?
2. No overstaying, no huge expenses to US society, no anchor babies, no problem.

1. Jobs are only temporary. What do you think they will do after the season? Go back and stay home? Farm owners are responsible for their well being which include food and lodging deducted from the profits. They also import farm workers from Asia. That didn't work either bc they didn't come here just to work on agricultural farms. They are also responsible for their return and airfares which make it too risky and too expensive. These are some of the reasons why it failed.
2. If you are an illegal. What do you think you should/would do? Or maybe ask them.

Wow, put loads of effort into booting people out, then bring them back again on a visa program.

Bring back a few, not the millions we'll boot.

Why not just start the visa program and put these people on it?

Maybe if they all registered at an ICE office, we could pick the few we'll keep and it'll be easier to boot the rest?
And if you don't register, you can never return once deported......

2. No overstaying, no huge expenses to US society, no anchor babies, no problem.

1. Jobs are only temporary. What do you think they will do after the season? Go back and stay home? Farm owners are responsible for their well being which include food and lodging deducted from the profits. They also import farm workers from Asia. That didn't work either bc they didn't come here just to work on agricultural farms. They are also responsible for their return and airfares which make it too risky and too expensive. These are some of the reasons why it failed.
2. If you are an illegal. What do you think you should/would do? Or maybe ask them.

Jobs are only temporary. What do you think they will do after the season?

Temporary workers have temporary jobs. After the season, they go home.

Go back and stay home?

Only if they want another temporary work visa next year.

If you are an illegal. What do you think you should/would do?

Currently, I'd think about heading home.

Funny, I grew up in NC. There were very few "immigrants", illegal or otherwise. The farm work got done well enough by the "lazy rubes". Oh, yeah, government handouts were pretty much non-existent, too. Here's a suggestion, ship all the illegal invaders back to their places of origin. Eliminate public assistance, and then see how fast your "lazy rubes" find time and energy to do those agricultural jobs.
Funny, I grew up in NC.

Explains a lot

I think it's funny how the progressives only want illegals here...........

TO DO BACK BREAKING WORK!

What bigots the left are.

Just because people expressed their opinion based from reality in life ......... That doesn't mean we support or wants only illegals.

If you are going to a restaurant.... Are you going to tell the owners making sure they don't have illegals working at the back?
If you are calling someone to repair your roof, plumbing or cut your lawn. Are you going to tell them making sure they are white Americans?
If you are going to the groceries. Are you going to select which any of those products not picked by illegals? Are you going to tell the farmer owners making sure they don't hire illegals?
IN SHORT.......... DO YOU HAVE ANY POWER TO CHALLENGE THOSE OWNERS?

If your answer is NO.......... then you are no different from the rest of Americans.

Since when these people called conservatives bullshit like you got to pick and choose when it pertains to lower prices.

Go back and stay home?

That's what YOU want......... And in reality that is not what is happening. Now what do you do?

I also want to cut all the welfare benefits to all illegals and Americans so they go back to work ........... but that is not the reality either.

When I came out of the U.S. Army during Vietnam I went to work on a road construction crew on I-45 South before getting a permanent job with Amoco Oil Corporation. I had a commercial license that allowed me to drive anything up through a semi-truck. I came to notice that many of the average workers were "illegal aliens" and it did not take much to figure it out. Shortly before the end of the month they all disappeared and a new batch suddenly appeared. Having been the platoon commander for the first drug suppression unit formed on Okinawa for the U.S. Army I started my own "investigation" and discovered the two men running the project were calling ICE to have the "Illegals" rounded up at the end of the month pocketing their wages and then taking a semi down near the Mexico border to replenish their manpower for another month. Quite the scam. My wife at the time was working for the Galveston County Sheriff's office and I had, a brother-in-law and a cousin as a Texas Ranger so I made a call and the two guys running the Scam went to prison to make a long story short. The economy had gone to hell and their were guys with Doctorates laid off fro NASA working in convenience stores as clerks to feed their families and here were these jerks not only abusing Mexican Illegals but denying Americans needed jobs. Did their families get hurt? Yes, but they did that to their families.

Go back and stay home?

That's what YOU want......... And in reality that is not what is happening. Now what do you do?

I also want to cut all the welfare benefits to all illegals and Americans so they go back to work ........... but that is not the reality either.

That's what YOU want......... And in reality that is not what is happening.

Not at the moment, but it happened before and could happen again.

Funny, I grew up in NC. There were very few "immigrants", illegal or otherwise. The farm work got done well enough by the "lazy rubes". Oh, yeah, government handouts were pretty much non-existent, too. Here's a suggestion, ship all the illegal invaders back to their places of origin. Eliminate public assistance, and then see how fast your "lazy rubes" find time and energy to do those agricultural jobs.
Funny, I grew up in NC.

Explains a lot

Just because people expressed their opinion based from reality in life ......... That doesn't mean we support or wants only illegals.

If you are going to a restaurant.... Are you going to tell the owners making sure they don't have illegals working at the back?
If you are calling someone to repair your roof, plumbing or cut your lawn. Are you going to tell them making sure they are white Americans?
If you are going to the groceries. Are you going to select which any of those products not picked by illegals? Are you going to tell the farmer owners making sure they don't hire illegals?

If your answer is NO.......... then you are no different from the rest of Americans.

Since when these people called conservatives bullshit like you got to pick and choose when it pertains to lower prices.

If they ain't here, I need demand nothing.

As far as the back breaking work goes.

I grew up on a farm. I was doing that work at twelve.

Started roofing houses at 18.

If it pays well enough, folks will do it.

I'm curious. Are you one of those that demand a $15 minimum wage, while encouraging illegals to drive down wages?

Funny, I grew up in NC.

Explains a lot

If they ain't here, I need demand nothing.

As far as the back breaking work goes.

I grew up on a farm. I was doing that work at twelve.

Started roofing houses at 18.

If it pays well enough, folks will do it.

I'm curious. Are you one of those that demand a $15 minimum wage, while encouraging illegals to drive down wages?

The reality is they are here.

I understand and respect your beginning but things had changed. It's not the same like it used to be. I still have workers like you but they are endangered species.
Even asian immigrants are changing. Lots of baby boomer RNs has 2 jobs and sometimes both parents has 2 jobs just to have a big beautiful house. ........... Their kids also become RNs but they don't work hard just like their parents.

On separate thread I gave an example of 3 home care center that starts with $18 but only few whites but they are RNs and physical therapists. There are no blacks or whites doing the dirty work.
How much do you think we should pay in order to entice my fellow whiteys to work on these farms, home care, janitors, gardeners, slaughter house?

I'm not paying my employees less than $16. so not sure what to tell you about $15. MW.

Forum List

Back