North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

And yet still not ONE valid reason why homosexuals should not be able to marry. Not one. Shame on all of you.

There is no valid reason, but not all of us live in North Carolina.

The only reason is homophobia, plain and simple.

But these days people don't have the integrity to admit their bigotry, but in their defense at least their lack of honesty shows they're ashamed of their bigotry. That they know it's wrong.

And yet still not ONE valid reason why homosexuals should not be able to marry. Not one. Shame on all of you.

But these days people don't have the integrity to admit their bigotry, but in their defense at least their lack of honesty shows they're ashamed of their bigotry. That they know it's wrong.

I can't wait til Christmas.. then you'll see bigotry in all it's glory.

are you in favor of doing away with the EPA?

Is it difficult for you to stay on topic?

Well after your anti government speech I was sure you say yes,, ban the EPA

This topic is not about the EPA in the slightest, nor was the specific post of mine you quoted. It's off topic and deflecting because you (apparently) don't want to respond to it directly.

And for the record, I'm not an EPA supporter due to how highly politicized they are, and how they tend to favor certain companies over others. Many of the rules are illogical and damaging.

Now how about you respond to my post in a more direct manner?

Last edited:

I can't wait til Christmas.. then you'll see bigotry in all it's glory.

Like I said, at least you don't deny your bigotry. Just try to deflect from it with something out of left field.

Is it difficult for you to stay on topic?

Well after your anti government speech I was sure you say yes,, ban the EPA

This topic is not about the EPA in the slightest, nor was the specific post you quoted. It's off topic and deflecting because you (apparently) don't want to respond to it directly.

And for the record, I'm not an EPA supporter due to how highly politicized they are, and how they tend to favor certain companies over others. Many of the rules are illogical and damaging.

Now how about you respond to my post in a more direct manner?

well all ya had to say was Yes,, I'm opposed to the EPA which is nothing but big government on parade.. They infringe on the rights of property owner to do with their purchased property as they choose.. that's clearly an infringement on the property owners rights and vewy un American and bigoted against minorities.

orth Carolina voters approved a constitutional amendment on Tuesday defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th state to adopt such a ban.
With 35 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, unofficial returns showed the amendment passing with about 58 percent of the vote to 42 percent against.
In the final days before the vote, members of President Barack Obama's cabinet expressed support for gay marriage and former President Bill Clinton recorded phone messages urging voters to reject the amendment. Opponents also held marches, ran TV ads and gave speeches, including one by Jay Bakker, son of televangelists Jim Bakker and the late Tammy Faye Bakker.

Read more: North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage | Fox News

Is evolver in chief too late?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhQBZ1La0w]Obama @ Saddleback Church -Defines Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't anyone on the right at all disturbed by this?

How come when the collective choice says it wants universal healthcare, many of you fight against it because it reduces the power of the individual, yet see no issue whatsoever when the collective choice creates rigid social rules that we all must abide by?

I think this sort of measure by NC is blatantly in contrast with the idea of "small gov't".

It's pro-collectivism vs pro-individualism.

This Conservative is concerned.

Unfortunately, many of my fellow conservatives believe that "smaller government" only applies to the federal government and not the states.

The founding fathers set up this republic to be governed by the Rule of Law, and not by the Rule of Man. It was not intended to allow liberties to be voted away.

And btw, the "collective choice" is against Obamacare.

There are several things that can be taken from this:

1. The belief by the left that the "old timers" who are anti-gay marriage are dying out, is false.

2. The "conservatives" in NC don't understand "rule of law" vs "rule of man". This is not how the founding fathers envisioned this republic.
The founders didn't envision voting on the rights of others....in fact, far from it, which is why we are not a pure democracy.

This is one issue that separates real conservatives from social conservative busy bodies.

Which is exactly what I was saying.

Excuse me but it's only "holy" if the rite is performed in a religious setting.

The state has no obligation to recognize a religious right as a binding legal contract.
In fact many people, me included, have been married by an officer of the court. We did so so as to benefit from the legal protections offered by the state to those entering into the contract.

There was nothing "holy" about it.

That you want to deny others to enter into the very same legal contract you were able to benefit from for no other than a religious reason is not good enough in a country where individual rights are supposed to be protected and all are supposed to be treated equally under the law.

I got married in front of a JOP.. the fact remains though until this is a secular nation I don't think the Christians will vote for gay marriage.

Which is exactly why rights should never be put to a vote.

Do we really want a mob of bigots running the show?

To be clear, no one lost their rights. Liberties yes, rights no.

well all ya had to say was Yes,, I'm opposed to the EPA which is nothing but big government on parade.. They infringe on the rights of property owner to do with their purchased property as they choose.. that's clearly an infringement on the property owners rights and vewy un American and bigoted against minorities.

If you oppose the “big government” than I’m very shocked that you would NOT oppose this recent NC ban on same-sex marriage.

You oppose the government infringing on the rights of property owners, but seem not to care when government sets in stone strict rigid marital rules that the population must abide by.

Using our government to tell people explicitly who can and cannot marry (when it comes to two, consenting adults)? Big Government.

Do you support forms of Big Government when they support your own viewpoints, and oppose Big Government when they are against your own viewpoints?

There are several things that can be taken from this:

1. The belief by the left that the "old timers" who are anti-gay marriage are dying out, is false.

2. The "conservatives" in NC don't understand "rule of law" vs "rule of man". This is not how the founding fathers envisioned this republic.
The founders didn't envision voting on the rights of others....in fact, far from it, which is why we are not a pure democracy.

This is one issue that separates real conservatives from social conservative busy bodies.

Which is exactly what I was saying.
My bad....I read your post wrong.

No, actually it hasn't. Loving vs....

wasn't that a man and a woman situation?
Yep. But what also was struck down was voting on the rights of others.

I really don't understand how you consider yourself a conservative while agreeing that mob rule is an American ideal.

that's bullshit, mob rule dictates smokers can't smoke in public.. they've had their rights to smoke cigarettes curtailed,, did you scream about that?

Yeah NC! Way to write discrimination into your Constitution. History will not treat you well...

Well get ready, because it's likely to happen in a lot of other states too.

This is why we vote...and Majority rules. And it's not discrimination...nobody said they can't live like they want, they just want to change something that should never be changed. Too bad, so sad... :)

Forum List

Back