North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

Yup, you gave the childs answer. It beig gross is not a valid excuse to strip people of their rights.

You pole smokes have exactly the same rights to marriage as the rest of us.

Nope, this at least voilates the 14th and ones right to pursue being happy and their right to liberty.

This amendment strips them of that right. You are an anticonstitutional bigot. You are at the very least antiamerican.

you have wiped your very nasty ass on the constitution by banning voting, you are a bigot and very un American.. there goes another freedom and a right.. the right to vote.

What could be more american than the majority voting away the rights of minorities?

Some examples would be sushi, tacos, the wall of China, and the Beatles.

What could be more american than the majority voting away the rights of minorities?

light bulbs,, you forgot fucking lightbulbs,, they took my right away to buy an incandescent light bulb.that interferes in my pursuit of happiness.

Okay my first question here about N.C. is why? you have DOMA, and a whole host of laws that already do that, So what? you don't have other legislative things to deal with, say like, creating jobs in your state rather than deal with issues like this? It seems like a lot of states, mine included have spent more time on social issues that have little to do with Government at the expense of it's citizens health and the welfare of it's economies, and more to do with what some deem is socially acceptable. Personally, when you allow Government to start passing Laws on defining what is clearly a social issue, then why stop there, why not pass laws for redheads, or blondes, or even for people who wear glasses on Sundays? See what I mean? there is a reason why the constitution thought some things were best left to "people" to decide for themselves and this is sure one of those things.

Nope, this at least voilates the 14th and ones right to pursue being happy and their right to liberty.

This amendment strips them of that right. You are an anticonstitutional bigot. You are at the very least antiamerican.

you have wiped your very nasty ass on the constitution by banning voting, you are a bigot and very un American.. there goes another freedom and a right.. the right to vote.

Awe you are being a child willow....I know you are but what am I isn't a very good argument fuckstick.

the right to vote in America isn't a very good argument? well fuck ewe running.

The collective choice is that we shouldn't have universal health care. obamacare is more unpopular today than it was the day he signed it into law. The term Will of the People doesn't mean only liberal people.

When people like those in North Carolina vote to keep the state of matrimony between one man and one woman they aren't voting against homosexuals to live their lives as they see fit. They are voting to keep homosexuals from imposing an obligation to regard same sex marriages as normal relationships.

Katz, all the people of North Carolina are doing is using the government (and expanding it in the process) to create a set of rigid social rules, that all MUST abide by, via the vote of the collective.

Instead of making government SMALLER by increasing the amount of choices one can make as an individual (by reducing the amount of “rules” we all must live by), they have chosen to make the government BIGGER. It's alarming, and quite frankly disturbing.

America has always been about the choice of the individual, the freedom of the individual, and the small amount of interference of the government in our day to day lives. Countries like Iran will use the government to completely control its population’s social norms. It will tell them what they can and cannot say, and what they can and cannot wear, and who they can or cannot marry.

I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather live in a free society. I’ve had enough with these Anti-American “communist” Republicans…. someone needs to ship them to North Korea. There they can live under a government with total control over its population (and finally be happy).

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Last edited:
The collective choice is that we shouldn't have universal health care. obamacare is more unpopular today than it was the day he signed it into law. The term Will of the People doesn't mean only liberal people.

When people like those in North Carolina vote to keep the state of matrimony between one man and one woman they aren't voting against homosexuals to live their lives as they see fit. They are voting to keep homosexuals from imposing an obligation to regard same sex marriages as normal relationships.

Katz, all the people of North Carolina are doing is using the government (and expanding it in the process) to create a set of rigid social rules, that all MUST abide by, via the vote of the collective.

Instead of making government SMALLER by increasing the amount of choices one can make as an individual (by reducing the amount of “rules” we all must live by), they have chosen to make the government BIGGER. It's alarming, and quite frankly disturbing.

America has always been about the choice of the individual, the freedom of the individual, and the small amount of interference of the government in our day to day lives. Countries like Iran will use the government to completely control its population’s social norms. It will tell them what they can and cannot say, and what they can and cannot wear, and who they can or cannot marry.

I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather live in a free society. I’ve had enough with these Anti-American “communist” Republicans…. someone needs to ship them to North Korea.

are you in favor of doing away with the EPA?

States Rights

The right to Vote

Both constitutional and both very American.

I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather live in a free society. I’ve had enough with these Anti-American “communist” Republicans…. someone needs to ship them to North Korea.

Is it difficult for you to stay on topic?

They are voting to deny legal contractual property rights benefits and privileges to some people and grant them to others.

In no other venue and for no other population would that denial of legal protection be acceptable.

There is nothing prohibiting gays or anyone else from entering into any contractual rights they choose. Contract rights are not impaired in the slightest.

Is it difficult for you to stay on topic?

Well after your anti government speech I was sure you say yes,, ban the EPA

Yeah, it's a pretty sad commentary on America.

Our kids are gonna wonder why our generation hated gays for no reason. On the plus side though rational humans are at least making progress in this area, 10 years ago gays couldn't get married anywhere.

Soon enough gays will be able to get married almost everywhere and people on both sides will be wondering why this was made into such a big deal.

And as a side note the "sanctity of marriage" died with the popularity of divorce.

This is why obama won't say that he supports same sex marriage. Not one state has approved same sex marriage by vote. Not one. Good for the people of North Carolina in making their voices heard.

Maybe now they can kick out the *******.

After all as long as the mob rules no one's rights are safe.
The fact that not one state, north, south, east, or west; has approved homo marriage shows that it isn't "mob" rule, but the will of the people. :cool:

You and I agree on a lot of things, so I ask you respectfully to examine closely the statement you made.

Yeah, it's a pretty sad commentary on America.

Our kids are gonna wonder why our generation hated gays for no reason.

Gays have been hated, more or less, for like the entire history of the world.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Forum List

Back