North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

This is why obama won't say that he supports same sex marriage. Not one state has approved same sex marriage by vote. Not one. Good for the people of North Carolina in making their voices heard.

Maybe now they can kick out the *******.

After all as long as the mob rules no one's rights are safe.

Obama not offering an opinion of gay marriages is so typical of him, just like when he had no idea how to handle the 2009 Iranian crisis, "lets just see how it all plays out",,,just like with gay marriage,,,,,I cant give you my feelings on gay marriage,so lets just see how it all plays out and I will make a decision after the election.

This is why obama won't say that he supports same sex marriage. Not one state has approved same sex marriage by vote. Not one. Good for the people of North Carolina in making their voices heard.

The fact that not one state, north, south, east, or west; has approved homo marriage shows that it isn't "mob" rule, but the will of the people. :cool:

orth Carolina voters approved a constitutional amendment on Tuesday defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th state to adopt such a ban.
With 35 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, unofficial returns showed the amendment passing with about 58 percent of the vote to 42 percent against.
In the final days before the vote, members of President Barack Obama's cabinet expressed support for gay marriage and former President Bill Clinton recorded phone messages urging voters to reject the amendment. Opponents also held marches, ran TV ads and gave speeches, including one by Jay Bakker, son of televangelists Jim Bakker and the late Tammy Faye Bakker.

Read more: North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage | Fox News

Is evolver in chief too late?

Yeah! One more example of the New Right suppressing the Freedom and Liberties of a minority of our citizens. Ya gotta love those North Carolinians, real Americans (the last sentence [you do know what a sentence is, don't you Willow Tree?] is sarcasm (you can look up sarcasm at dictionary.com).

Awwwwww! did some white guy piss in your cheerios today? Bad.. vewy bad.

California, arguably one of the most progressive states in the union, defeated gay marriage due to high black voter turnout... I guess the president plays the cautious card to prevent upsetting his single largest majority of voters~

The fact that not one state, north, south, east, or west; has approved homo marriage shows that it isn't "mob" rule, but the will of the people. :cool:

So when the will of the people is to deny Muslims legal protections what will you say?

You'll whine like the hypocrite you are that you're not being treated fairly and that your rights are being violated.

Yeah! One more example of the New Right suppressing the Freedom and Liberties of a minority of our citizens. Ya gotta love those North Carolinians, real Americans (the last sentence [you do know what a sentence is, don't you Willow Tree?] is sarcasm (you can look up sarcasm at dictionary.com).

Nobody's freedom or liberty was suppressed here.

LOL, great point! So well researched and your reasoning is so ... unreasonable.

so freedom is limited to those who side with your views.. I think we got it. Free choice to a libtard "my way or the highway" we got it.

There's gonna be a meltdown of epic proportions in Nov.

So we shouldn't vote? We should just ask the minorities what it is they'd like us to do?

So we shouldn't vote? We should just ask the minorities what it is they'd like us to do?

When a vote denies legal rights to some and not to others we should all be concerned.

Maybe people with your particular condition will be the next to be excluded.

Marriage is nothing but a property contract as far as the state is concerned. Allowing some and not others to enter into that contract is reprehensible in a country where individual freedoms are supposed to be the basis of government.

You can do about anything you want with your ferret, just don't call it 'marriage.'

You can do about anything you want with your ferret, just don't call it 'marriage.'

Ah the inevitable homosexual innuendo. How pedestrian and predictable.

Once again all marriage is as far as the state is concerned is a property contract.

There is nothing sacred about the word.

When a vote denies legal rights to some and not to others we should all be concerned.

Maybe people with your particular condition will be the next to be excluded.

Marriage is nothing but a property contract as far as the state is concerned. Allowing some and not others to enter into that contract is reprehensible in a country where individual freedoms are supposed to be the basis of government.

I hate to mention this but Americans are still a very religious people and to them marriage is between a man and a woman and is considered a religious state of "HOLY MATRIMONY" all the state can do is issue a license to allow a couple to marry. Why wouldn't the term "civil unions" allow gays all the benefitis they seek?

LOL, great point! So well researched and your reasoning is so ... unreasonable.

so freedom is limited to those who side with your views.. I think we got it. Free choice to a libtard "my way or the highway" we got it.

No stupid ewe,its not. You know exactly what he means. You are purposely making it into another argument in order to take some high ground.

I guess today is going to be one of those I hate the human race days.

I guess this is going to be one of these "we shouldn't let people vote if they don't vote for what we want" days.. that's what I'm hearing.

Forum List

Back