North American energy independence: Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Oldguy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592
    During this weeks debate, Mitt Romney kept talking about "North American energy independence." Not, US energy independence, but North American.

Hmmmm. I wonder just what country he think he's running to lead? Mexico? Canada? Panama, maybe?

He's already demonstrated that he's confused over which country he wants to be President of in the arena of foreign affairs when he said, "I'd get on the phone to my friend Bibi Netanyahu and say, 'Would it help if I said this? What would you like me to say and do?'"

Romney seems to be such an ardent globalist that he doesn't even recognize the United States as an independent country anymore. He'll work to assure Mexican energy independence and cede our foreign policy to Israel.

I wonder what else his global focus will cause him to do?

Hey Mitt! You're SUPPOSED to be running for the office of President of the United States of America....not chief facilitator of Honduras or Israel!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,395
    Maybe he's referring to those extra 7 states Obama was talking about.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    it's pretty obvious what his plan is. He expects to work with Canada and Mexico so that our three nations can be energy independent.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592
    You mean sorta like a North American Union?

Is that what he's running to be President of?

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    No. He's running to be President of the United States of America. I would have thought that was obvious since there is No North American Union to be President of.

Of course, if Mexico/Canada (or parts therein) wanted to become part of the United States. I wouldn't have an objection.

But no. This project isn't designed to abdicate our sovereignty. Instead it's designed to work together with our neighbors on common goals.

6. Star

Star Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    Republicans and their severe conservative leader's numbers don't add up -- check out the chart below.

See what the chart's saying, the only way for Romney's plan for energy independence to work
    is-----wait for it----- is to implement President Obama's fuel efficiency standards but-----but since Romney hasn't made any mention of implementing President Obama's fuel efficiency standards, Romney's "plan" is simply a BS way of giving away yours and my money to the Koch Brothers et al. Not only that but-----but expensive tar sands oil will drive the market price.

win-win for the plutocracy

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Cheddarmelon

Cheddarmelon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I think Canada may be more interested in selling the oil to China if Mittens wins.

8. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I like this idea of energy independence if we can get there by using alternative sources of energy. If we are going to rely on fossil fuels, I'd rather import. While there are some risks with doing so, here is the simple logic. One of these days, somewhere down the road, we are going to run out of fossil fuels. I'd like to keep ours as long as possible.

While countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran and any of those oil producers can seem to be a threat to us, what happens when they run out of oil? I would rather they run out first rather than us. It's a ways away, but I'm thinking of future generations of Americans. Just something to think about.

9. Grandma

Grandma Geezer Chick Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,683
    The UAE is already running out of oil. That's the reason they turned Dubai into a tourist resort.

10. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592

I don't know about you, but I vote for President of the United States to address issues HERE, not in Mexico or Canada. They have their own President and Prime Minister. MY President needs to stay home and keep his nose out their problems, just as they need to stay home and keep theirs out of ours.

Mitt should be worried about THIS country, not some other one.