Norquist says he'll go after pledge-breakers

Who the fuck elected Grover for any position anyway and why are the GOP scared shitless of him?

Who says they're scared of him? We have a fiscal cliff coming up on January 2, 2013 regardless of what Norquist wants. This was set 2 years ago by the gang of 12. 6 democrats and 6 republicans that agreed that if they could not come to an agreement on tax hikes and budget cuts--that Sequestration aka the Fiscal cliff would take place.

Meaning the Bush tax cuts expire--and massive budget cuts take place. In truth--I think it's going to happen. I think they have intended it to happen since 2010--and we're just watching the typical dog and pony show right now.

Of course they wanted it to happen. This is precisely what the President wanted. And yet Democrats at the time had the audacity to say he compromised with Republicans despite the fact that we got NOTHING.

who the fuck is Buffet? who the hell does he think he is?

SNIP:

The Buffett Rule is a tax plan proposed by President Barack Obama in 2011.[1] The tax plan would apply a minimum tax rate of 30 percent on individuals making more than a million dollars a year.[2][3] According to a White House official, the new tax rate would impact 0.3 percent of taxpayers.[1]

Distribution of average tax rates including individual income tax and employee payroll tax.
The Buffett Rule is named after American investor Warren Buffett, who publicly stated in early 2011 that he disagreed with rich people, like himself, paying less in federal taxes, as a portion of income, than the middle class, and voiced support for increased income taxes on the wealthy.[4] The rule would implement a higher minimum tax rate for taxpayers in the highest income bracket, to ensure that they do not pay a lower percentage of income in taxes than less-affluent Americans.[5] In October 2011, Senate leader Harry Reid (D–Nev.) proposed a 5.6 percent surtax on millionaires to pay for new stimulus provisions, but the change did not go through.[6]
Buffett Rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But for sure lets watch you all hyperventilate over Norquist..
hypocrites

False equivilancy is false.

Fail.

tb-over.jpg

Who the fuck elected Grover for any position anyway and why are the GOP scared shitless of him?

Who says they're scared of him? We have a fiscal cliff coming up on January 2, 2013 regardless of what Norquist wants. This was set 2 years ago by the gang of 12. 6 democrats and 6 republicans that agreed that if they could not come to an agreement on tax hikes and budget cuts--that Sequestration aka the Fiscal cliff would take place.

Meaning the Bush tax cuts expire--and massive budget cuts take place. In truth--I think it's going to happen. I think they have intended it to happen since 2010--and we're just watching the typical dog and pony show right now.

Of course they wanted it to happen. This is precisely what the President wanted. And yet Democrats at the time had the audacity to say he compromised with Republicans despite the fact that we got NOTHING.

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

Surgical.

Then again bashing a GOP poster with facts is sort of like shooting fish in a barrel.

He said that to save face. We got NOTHING. There is not a single legitimate cut that is going to happen.

Surgical.

Then again bashing a GOP poster with facts is sort of like shooting fish in a barrel.

Wouldn't you need facts to bash with first. Which part of that bad deal did the Republicans win on? Was it the part where the government is going to spend more? Where they are going to raise taxes? Seriously, what was gained?

Did the Republican congressmen that pledged to Norquist, actually sign a pledge, was it signed under oath, was it signed with hand on the Bible, did they kneel when they took the pledge? Can Norquist sue the congressmen for breaking their pledge to him, or will Norquist just see that the congressmen are not reelected again? Did other Republicans take the pledge too, what about Limbaugh or Riley, did they take the pledge? Was the pledge mandatory or voluntary? What did the Congressmen get when they took the pledge? And finally was the pledge to Norquiest in lieu of a pledge to the nation?

So unless it's under oath, you can break whatever promises you make?

The people suffer because as a whole our people have lost the desire to have integrity.

You know................I made a lot of promises to people I loved when I was younger. Then, when I decided to join the military, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Basically................I swore an oath to a greater amount of people than those that I grew up with. If any of them would have been a traitor looking out for their own interests rather than the welfare of the country, I would have had no problem turning them in and having them taken out of play.

Norquist has had the GOP swear an oath to him, when in fact, the people of this country elected them because they thought that the candidate elected would look out for their interests, not the interests of some idiot with a pledge for them to sign.

I'm glad that the GOP is finally waking up to the fact they owe more to this country than they do Norquist. They've started to back away from the pledge in droves. I also hope that Grover becomes a has been and an example of why this country will NOT allow the very rich to buy the government.

Norquist only appeals to the neo-econs in the party, who simply cannot deliver victory anymore: not enough white males doing well to push an election to a GOP candidate.

The GOP leadership that is telling Norquist to take a hike is also pooling money to buy up his mortgages and other notes. He will be ruined economically if he does not back down.

That is the pressure a Rockefeller and Morgan would applaud.

He said that to save face. We got NOTHING. There is not a single legitimate cut that is going to happen.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. The republican majority in the house was unable to win a single point in all of the discussions and the leader of that majority is a liar. Further, no one in the party had the guts to stand up and call him a liar. Does that pretty much sum it up?

Who the fuck is Norquist? Who in the hell does he think he is?

Norquist says he’ll go after pledge-breakers – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said Monday that his group, Americans for Tax Reform, would work to unseat Republicans who break their pledge to never vote for higher taxes.

His vow came after prominent GOP lawmakers said over the weekend they would consider breaking the Taxpayer Protection Pledge in order to reach a deal with Democrats and President Barack Obama to avoid tumbling over the fiscal cliff – the combination of sweeping spending cuts and tax increases that would go into effect at the end of the year if negotiators can't reach a deal on reducing the federal debt.
An American citizen speaking out against people who break their pledges.

If the GOP is just going to ignore their given word, they may as well be Democrats.

The great majority of GOP no longer care what Norquist or his 13 followers want.

No longer matters.

Forum List

Back