Norquist says he'll go after pledge-breakers

who the hell elected him to make up the rules? AND why is Obama and the Democrats pledging to this billionaire they named a rule after him?

SNIP:
Warren Buffett calls for a minimum tax on the wealthy

Credit: Reuters/Lucas Jackson

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:35am EST

(Reuters) - Warren Buffett, the legendary investor who changed the debate about U.S. tax reform in 2011 with a call for the rich to pay more, is now calling for minimum tax rates for millionaires.

In a New York Times editorial printed on Monday, Buffett suggested Congress move immediately to implement minimum taxes of 30 percent on incomes of $1 million to $10 million and 35 percent above that

all of it here
Warren Buffett calls for a minimum tax on the wealthy | Reuters

Last edited:
who the hell elected him to make up the rules? AND why is Obama and the Democrats pledging to this billionaire they named a rule after him?

SNIP:

(Reuters) - Warren Buffett, the legendary investor who changed the debate about U.S. tax reform in 2011 with a call for the rich to pay more, is now calling for minimum tax rates for millionaires.

In a New York Times editorial printed on Monday, Buffett suggested Congress move immediately to implement minimum taxes of 30 percent on incomes of $1 million to $10 million and 35 percent above that

all of it here

So now Stephanie show me the link where Buffett threatened to attack anyone who does not agree with his suggestion. Yeah, Grover thinks he is God, so all of the GOP needs to bow to his wishes.:bow3: I will wait for the Link...

SNIP:

all of it here

So now Stephanie show me the link where Buffett threatened to attack anyone who does not agree with his suggestion. Yeah, Grover thinks he is God, so all of the GOP needs to bow to his wishes.:bow3: I will wait for the Link...

funny I didn't see the word attack anywhere...But it was fun as hell showing you Democrats for the hypocrites you all are..
you have no problem with Obama pledging to this BILLIONAIR Buffet

Last edited:

SNIP:

all of it here

funny I didn't see the word attack anywhere...But it was fun as hell showing you Democrats for the hypocrites you all are..
you have no problem with Obama pledging to this BILLIONAIR Buffet

funny you don't consider the pledge to "go after" anyone who does not agree with him a Threat from Grover. What do you think that is, Stephanie....a joke....a gift....a lie? It is a Threat Stepanie. Grover is like any other Bully in the school yard. You play his game or he theatens to beat you up or take you Davey Crocket ring away from you....sorry...getting personal there.

Grover is Threatening all Republicans. Voters have spoken one thing, and Grover is insisting that the GOP does not listen. If they don't, they will pay...

who the fuck is Buffet? who the hell does he think he is?

SNIP:

The Buffett Rule is a tax plan proposed by President Barack Obama in 2011.[1] The tax plan would apply a minimum tax rate of 30 percent on individuals making more than a million dollars a year.[2][3] According to a White House official, the new tax rate would impact 0.3 percent of taxpayers.[1]

Distribution of average tax rates including individual income tax and employee payroll tax.
The Buffett Rule is named after American investor Warren Buffett, who publicly stated in early 2011 that he disagreed with rich people, like himself, paying less in federal taxes, as a portion of income, than the middle class, and voiced support for increased income taxes on the wealthy.[4] The rule would implement a higher minimum tax rate for taxpayers in the highest income bracket, to ensure that they do not pay a lower percentage of income in taxes than less-affluent Americans.[5] In October 2011, Senate leader Harry Reid (D–Nev.) proposed a 5.6 percent surtax on millionaires to pay for new stimulus provisions, but the change did not go through.[6]
Buffett Rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But for sure lets watch you all hyperventilate over Norquist..
hypocrites

At what point exactly did Warren Buffet force the Democratic party to sign a "pledge" that they adhere to a rule that he dictated?

Please, feel free to be specific. I'd LOVE to see this.

There's a HUGE difference between people seeing sense in what someone says, and then making a plan based on that...

And people being blackmailed into signing a moronic "pledge" with the threat of having all their funding cut.

I see what happened, hive minded Dems think that Grover to us is like one of their party Masters speaking.

You are just off in your own little world. No democrat is signing pledges or being threatened if they don't tow the line. That is precisely what the republicans have been doing, and threatening anyone who does not tow the line is precisely what Norquist is doing. But if you can't handle reality, I guess you will just have to believe whatever makes you feel safe.

I see what happened, hive minded Dems think that Grover to us is like one of their party Masters speaking.

You are just off in your own little world. No democrat is signing pledges or being threatened if they don't tow the line. That is precisely what the republicans have been doing, and threatening anyone who does not tow the line is precisely what Norquist is doing. But if you can't handle reality, I guess you will just have to believe whatever makes you feel safe.

I see these names quoted a lot by republicans. How many times has Buffet and Soros visited the white house? Where's their influence on Obama? On the night that Obama won the election, he called Mc Connell and Boehner, announcing "lets work together" the next four years in making things right for the country. He didn't call Warren Buffet.

How many democrats including Obama have signed a pledge or signified any loyalty to Buffet or Soros like republican weasals did to Grover Norquist, a private citizen that's never been elected to anything in his life? If you want examples of being influenced by money, the republicans fallen hero Mitt Romney traveled with his donor Sheldon Adelson to meet with an Israeli head of state. How much more beyond the pale can you get than that in signifying a bought and paid for politician?
Nice try repubs, but when you got nothing you got nothing.

Last edited:
Who the fuck is Norquist? Who in the hell does he think he is?

Norquist says he’ll go after pledge-breakers – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said Monday that his group, Americans for Tax Reform, would work to unseat Republicans who break their pledge to never vote for higher taxes.

His vow came after prominent GOP lawmakers said over the weekend they would consider breaking the Taxpayer Protection Pledge in order to reach a deal with Democrats and President Barack Obama to avoid tumbling over the fiscal cliff – the combination of sweeping spending cuts and tax increases that would go into effect at the end of the year if negotiators can't reach a deal on reducing the federal debt.

Here's a better idea.

Instead of cutting a deal that increases some taxes, the Democrats tell the Norquist Republicans to take a hike and let the Bush tax cuts expire, causing taxes to increase even more than they would have had they cut a deal.

Then, the Democrats can come back a few months later and propose their own set of tax cuts and see if the Republicans block the new package of tax cuts pass because they don't include tax cuts for the wealthy.

Here's a better idea.

Instead of cutting a deal that increases some taxes, the Democrats tell the Norquist Republicans to take a hike and let the Bush tax cuts expire, causing taxes to increase even more than they would have had they cut a deal.

Then, the Democrats can come back a few months later and propose their own set of tax cuts and see if the Republicans block the new package of tax cuts pass because they don't include tax cuts for the wealthy.

I like it.

Will Cap Gains taxes be included?

Norquist says he’ll go after pledge-breakers – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said Monday that his group, Americans for Tax Reform, would work to unseat Republicans who break their pledge to never vote for higher taxes.

His vow came after prominent GOP lawmakers said over the weekend they would consider breaking the Taxpayer Protection Pledge in order to reach a deal with Democrats and President Barack Obama to avoid tumbling over the fiscal cliff – the combination of sweeping spending cuts and tax increases that would go into effect at the end of the year if negotiators can't reach a deal on reducing the federal debt.

i don't think it's going to matter much now that everyone's seen the man behind the curtain.

March in lockstep with Grover comrades.

as you people are with Buffet...We see it daily about how you want to tax the wealthy

your comrade dear leader speaks, you all MARCH

What do you republicans get out of sticking up for the very wealthy. You don't understand how the inequality of wealth has swung more and more in favor of the super rich in the last few decades, even though average Americans are working harder and are more productive than ever? You guys are more shameless than groupies and jock sniffers.

Here's a better idea.

there is talk that such a scenario is very much a possibility. the flip side is that repub lawmakers wouldn't have to vote for tax increases so would be off the hook.

Forum List

Back