Norquist hints at Tea Party Two

Awww, that's so cute that you think raising taxes on "The Evil Rich" will solve anything! :lol:

Please, Norver the Nut, do this and create your own Planters Peanut Party.

Granny says, "Dat's right, gonna be just like in Egypt - Pharoah gonna end up ownin' our crops, our lands an' even our asses...
:eusa_eh:
White House Heralds Unanimously Rejected Fiscal Plan as Base for Fiscal Cliff Deal
December 3, 2012 – The White House stressed that the offer made to congressional Republicans last week is similar to the proposals that President Barack Obama made in his fiscal year 2013 plan – a proposal that was defeated unanimously in the Democratic-controlled Senate and the Republican-controlled House last year.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney also referenced that unemployment is higher under Obama than under President George W. Bush. “What is remarkable – and I was struck by this even on the Sunday shows – to this day, December 2012, how few people are aware of what was a highly detailed specific proposal the president put out in September of 2011, and these issues were all in there,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Monday.

Last week, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner went to Capitol Hill to present the administration’s proposal that included no cuts, no entitlement reform, a $1.6 trillion tax increase on household incomes of $250,000 or more, at least $50 billion in stimulus spending next year and allowing the president to unilaterally increase the nation’s debt limit without congressional approval. “We have long been on the record for extension of unemployment benefits at the time when the unemployment rate, though it has come down, is still higher at this time than when George W. Bush extended unemployment insurance in 2008,” Carney said. “We’ve talked explicitly about and have since we introduced the American Jobs Act the need to invest in infrastructure, putting people back to work building our roads and bridges and highways. There is literally nothing that should come as a surprise in terms of what the president’s positions are and what he believes in his view are the right actions to take,” he added.

The Democratic Senate voted 0-99 against Obama’s $3.6 trillion budget proposal. The Republican House voted 0-414 on Obama’s budget proposal. The Senate has blocked passage of a budget for three years. Carney pointed out that tax rate increases were part of the president’s budget proposal. “The president spoke repeatedly during the year about his proposal. This 70-page document I had at the podium with me last week, it was presented for the super committee’s consideration,” Carney said. “The $1.6 trillion in deficit reduction through revenues has long been his position. It has been explicitly his position. We talked about it prior to the election.”

White House Heralds Unanimously Rejected Fiscal Plan as Base for Fiscal Cliff Deal | CNS News

See also:

‘The Probability Is We're Going Over the Cliff'
December 3, 2012 - Erskine Bowles, the former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton whom President Barack Obama named a co-chair of his own National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, said last week he believes the federal government will probably go over the fiscal cliff.
“I believe the probability is that we’re going over the cliff,” Bowles said at the Christian Science Monitor Breakfast in Washington D.C. last week.

“I think that would be horrible and I think it would be devastating to the economy,” Bowles said. “It particularly bothers me, especially given the fact that I believe this is the magic moment.” “If we are ever going to get a deal done now is the time to do it.”

“Most importantly, to get something done here in town you’ve got to have a crisis and we got one. We’ve got a real crisis in this fiscal cliff and I think it would be insane to breach this fiscal cliff,” Bowles continued, “Yet, I think there’s only a one-third possibility we’ll actually get something done before December 31st.”

Erskine Bowles:

The TEA Party is over.

I was a hard core member until they flipped from anti bailout & anti single payer health-care to protecting the bailed out banks & trashing the current ACA/Romney care. Then they want to add $716 more to the Medicare entitlement.

Ryan/Romney largest campaign contributers is a complete list of all the bailed out banks.

Over $2.5 Trillion in bad mortgage investments made by banks & rich assholes got flipped onto the Fed's balance sheet. Now the TEA Party is defending this theft.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
The TEA Party is over.

I was a hard core member until they flipped from anti bailout & anti single payer healthcare to protecting the bailed out banks & trashing the current ACA/Romney care.

Ryan/Romney largest campaign contributers is a complete list of all the bailed out banks.

Over $2.5 Trillion in bad mortgage investments made by banks & rich assholes got flipped onto the Fed's balance sheet. Now the TEA Party is defending this theft.

Where did the Tea Party ever support bailouts?

And why would opposing government healthcare be a bad thing?

The demise of the Tea Party groups is greatly exagerated. And don't think the repubs in the House and Senate aren't aware of that. If they cave over the fiscal cliff deal, some of 'em won't make it out of their respective primaries. Whether they stand a chance against a democrat opponent in the mid terms is another story, a lot depends on the strength of the economy over the next 2 years.

The TEA Party is over.

I was a hard core member until they flipped from anti bailout & anti single payer healthcare to protecting the bailed out banks & trashing the current ACA/Romney care.

Where did the Tea Party ever support bailouts?

And why would opposing government healthcare be a bad thing?

The TEA Party tried many times to repeal Dodd-Frank to let the Banks & GSE's run wild again with the shadow banking system. TEA Party Paul Rayn's ticket was funded by all the bailed-out financial institutions.

Opposing that first single payer government health-care communist takeover plot was a great thing. But opposing the current ACA without addressing the EMTLA puts us back on the road to ruin.

Forum List

Back