NORML Thanks America’s Military Veterans!

topspin

Rookie
Apr 29, 2010
norml.org

Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:44:59 By: Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director
Share This Article A recent phone call from a returning serviceman from Afghanistan pained by the recent suicide of a fellow Marine who was given a dishonorable discharge after failing a drug test for cannabis, along with his own harassment from Veteran Administration officials and medical personnel who ‘didn’t get the memo’ for his lawful, physician-recommended use of medical cannabis to help cope with his Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) was a harsh and bitter reminder of the tribulations facing military personnel who’re still falling victim – both while serving and post service – to America’s longest war—the federal government’s 73-year-old war against adult cannabis consumers.

For the support of Vietnam vets in the early 1970s embracing NORML’s important advocacy work…

U.S.S. Inchon Sailors In 1978 Showing NORML's Colors and Logo!

To today’s Iraq and Afghanistan military personnel…

NORML thanks the men and women of America’s all-volunteer armed forces for their commitment and sacrifices made for the country’s safety, prosperity and freedom…

When I was in college back in the ought-70's, I read a newspaper story about NORML and it's founder Keith Stroup who is from southern Illinois. I took the article to the University Board which is tasked with lining up speakers and bands and others to appear at the school. They agreed to have him come and give a speech and pay for it.

So I got to have dinner with Keith before hand and introduce him to a huge crowd in the ballroom of the student union. Took him to a party afterwards (yes, we inhaled), and on the way back to his hotel he asked me to start a campus chapter of NORML which I did. It was fun. :thup:

norml.org

Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:44:59 By: Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director
Share This Article A recent phone call from a returning serviceman from Afghanistan pained by the recent suicide of a fellow Marine who was given a dishonorable discharge after failing a drug test for cannabis, along with his own harassment from Veteran Administration officials and medical personnel who ‘didn’t get the memo’ for his lawful, physician-recommended use of medical cannabis to help cope with his Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) was a harsh and bitter reminder of the tribulations facing military personnel who’re still falling victim – both while serving and post service – to America’s longest war—the federal government’s 73-year-old war against adult cannabis consumers.

For the support of Vietnam vets in the early 1970s embracing NORML’s important advocacy work…

U.S.S. Inchon Sailors In 1978 Showing NORML's Colors and Logo!

To today’s Iraq and Afghanistan military personnel…

NORML thanks the men and women of America’s all-volunteer armed forces for their commitment and sacrifices made for the country’s safety, prosperity and freedom…

Note to the ignorant, people who get other than honorable discharges are not eligible for treatment at the VA. So this story smacks form the get of dishonesty. Also, active duty members of all services know drug use will get your ass thrown out and rightfully so.

Forum List

Back