"Norma Rae" dies...insurance wouldn't pay for her medication

what woman would ever buy that coverage?
unless she never planed on getting pregnant

Key word, planned.

I just made a whole thread a little while ago about the discovery of companies not covering due to C-Section Pregnancies and Pregnancies in general. To be honest, I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I were a woman and tried to get insurance with some of these companies.

Woman: What's that? You mean because I was beaten up by my husband for seven years before I could finally leave him, I can't get insurance or at least at a affordable rate?

Company: Nope, sorry.

Woman: Hell, I'm better off dead if that's the way things are. An outcast because of actions that I didn't even commit? What kind of country is this?

Company: Lady, we pay millions of dollars a year to politicians, so don't act like you're the only one suffering due to this economy either. I mean, we can't even bribe as many as we use to be able to!
again, why would ANYONE buy a policy like that then
thats just stupid if you buy a policy that doesnt cover it

She went two months without possible life-saving medications because her insurance wouldn't cover it, another example of abusing the working poor, she said.
Alamance Community College : Crystal Sutton Collection : The Real Norma Rae

Who was ABUSING THE POOR? Her friends, neighbors, and community that would deny the CHARITY of a simple drug to save the life of another human being? Of course not....it was the EVIL Insurance and Drug companies..no? Just where does PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY BEGIN....one would most indeed conclude that it must begin with something so important as with ONE'S OWN HEALTH. Just "HOW MANY" years did she live and have to prepare for this particular moment of her life? Yet...her failure is projected onto another?

Last edited:
Insurance company did the same thing to my sister, who needed a life saving drug....she ended up putting it on a credit card....was out of intensive care in 2 days after receiving the drug....yet the insurance company refused to cover it, but they were covering her intensive care expense? Talk about ROBOTS running the insurance companies, who do not THINK for themselves.

May God bless her, and may she rest in peace....

People just LOVE their insurance, UNTIL they have a life threatening sickness and they see how they screw you to DEATH.

And you assume that the government will pay for everything inspite of the cost, patient history and possible consequences ? Middlemen will always increase the price of anything you buy.

They have done much better than the insurance companies. Results count, and the nations, like every other industrial country in the world, that have universal health insurance all have longer life expectancies than we do. And on the other end of life, much lower infant mortality rate than we do.

In Taiwan, the overhead rate on their health care system is 1 1/2%, while ours is 22% for the for profit insurers. About 3% for Medicare.

Those are the numbers, and they definately favor government health care.

She went two months without possible life-saving medications because her insurance wouldn't cover it, another example of abusing the working poor, she said.
Alamance Community College : Crystal Sutton Collection : The Real Norma Rae

Who was ABUSING THE POOR? Her friends, neighbors, and community that would deny the CHARITY of a simple drug to save the life of another human being? Of course not....it was the EVIL Insurance and Drug companies..no? Just where does PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY BEGIN....one would most indeed conclude that it must begin with something so important as with ONE'S OWN HEALTH. Just "HOW MANY" years did she live and have to prepare for this particular moment of her life? Yet...her failure is projected onto another?

Hey dumb ass, that is what a universal health care system is all about. The community as a whole taking care of all of it's members. And that is what we will do!

what woman would ever buy that coverage?
unless she never planed on getting pregnant

Key word, planned.

I just made a whole thread a little while ago about the discovery of companies not covering due to C-Section Pregnancies and Pregnancies in general. To be honest, I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I were a woman and tried to get insurance with some of these companies.

Woman: What's that? You mean because I was beaten up by my husband for seven years before I could finally leave him, I can't get insurance or at least at a affordable rate?

Company: Nope, sorry.

Woman: Hell, I'm better off dead if that's the way things are. An outcast because of actions that I didn't even commit? What kind of country is this?

Company: Lady, we pay millions of dollars a year to politicians, so don't act like you're the only one suffering due to this economy either. I mean, we can't even bribe as many as we use to be able to!
again, why would ANYONE buy a policy like that then
thats just stupid if you buy a policy that doesnt cover it

Dive, most people simply have the policy their company buys for them. You well know that. If we, the people, take over the decisions like this, we can eliminate the fraud and abuse that we see so prevelant in the present private for profit system. Universal Health Care is working better for other nations than our sytstem is working for us.

Forum List

Back