"Norma Rae" dies...insurance wouldn't pay for her medication

Insurance company did the same thing to my sister, who needed a life saving drug....she ended up putting it on a credit card....was out of intensive care in 2 days after receiving the drug....yet the insurance company refused to cover it, but they were covering her intensive care expense? Talk about ROBOTS running the insurance companies, who do not THINK for themselves.

May God bless her, and may she rest in peace....

People just LOVE their insurance, UNTIL they have a life threatening sickness and they see how they screw you to DEATH.

Insurance company did the same thing to my sister, who needed a life saving drug....she ended up putting it on a credit card....was out of intensive care in 2 days after receiving the drug....yet the insurance company refused to cover it, but they were covering her intensive care expense? Talk about ROBOTS running the insurance companies, who do not THINK for themselves.

People just LOVE their insurance, UNTIL they have a life threatening sickness and they see how they screw you to DEATH.

And you assume that the government will pay for everything inspite of the cost, patient history and possible consequences ? Middlemen will always increase the price of anything you buy.

And you assume that the government will pay for everything inspite of the cost, patient history and possible consequences ? Middlemen will always increase the price of anything you buy.

yep, middle men will take their nice comfy CUT for doing nothing...this is why the only way to save money on health care IS TO CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN merely shuffling paper....BUT GOD FORBID we have a single payer system without the insurance middle man! :eusa_whistle:

yep, middle men will take their nice comfy CUT for doing nothing...this is why the only way to save money on health care IS TO CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN merely shuffling paper....BUT GOD FORBID we have a single payer system without the insurance middle man! :eusa_whistle:

Then why cut out just one of the middlemen? You do realize that the government is one of the biggest middlemen taking a huge cut already, right?

Then why cut out just one of the middlemen? You do realize that the government is one of the biggest middlemen taking a huge cut already, right?

no, I don't? How does the government, "take their cut" out of the health care system as a middle man? What am I missing?

What the hell do you think insurance companies are? What exactly do they do for any of us?

no, I don't? How does the government, "take their cut" out of the health care system as a middle man? What am I missing?
What does Medicare take, about 3%? Private insurance takes about 30% to pay those $mutlimillion salaries, private planes, gold plated silverware.

What does Medicare take, about 3%? Private insurance takes about 30% to pay those $mutlimillion salaries, private planes, gold plated silverware.

You are forgetting other groups ... there is a lot more people involved in medical care than insurance companies.

was the drug in their formulary of covered drugs(IE the drugs they contracted to cover)

Don't forget the lobbying expenses and campaign contributions. :rolleyes:

also lets not forget the costs that medicare passes off to private firms to pay for

also lets not forget the costs that medicare passes off to private firms to pay for

You have a small but real point here.
But even with that, I don't see many for-profit providers lining up to stop accepting medicare. Which they would do if they were losing money.

But even with that, I don't see many for-profit providers lining up to stop accepting medicare. Which they would do if they were losing money.
the point being some like to claim how the overhead is lower for medicare, well of course
my heating oil would cost me less if i could make you pay part of the cost as well
;)

the point being some like to claim how the overhead is lower for medicare, well of course
my heating oil would cost me less if i could make you pay part of the cost as well
;)

If you know somebody willing to pay for my heating oil, let me know! :lol:

So excactly what costs are passed to private entities and how much does it account for out of total medicare spending? If we're going to add them in to overhead, we need some numbers. Somehow I doubt they come out to the 25% range, but if you can prove me wrong I'll be happy to listen.

;)

So excactly what costs are passed to private entities and how much does it account for out of total medicare spending? If we're going to add them in to overhead, we need some numbers. Somehow I doubt they come out to the 25% range, but if you can prove me wrong I'll be happy to listen.
i dont have the numbers
i read it somewhere but i forget, but if the costs were not passed onto the private companies, it would come close to balancing out

;)

i dont have the numbers
i read it somewhere but i forget, but if the costs were not passed onto the private companies, it would come close to balancing out

When we're talking numbers, that needs a backup. We need some kind of source whose credibility we can argue over. ;)

She died?

According to the link she eventually got her meds.

But, yeah, this is still another example that makes some of us think the HC delivery system is basically broken.

When enough Americans have a story like this to tell about themselves or somebody they know then america will fully sociialize medicine.

It's gonna happen, folks.

Capitalist insurances cannot help but be so niggardly and self-serving (at the expense of its customers) that eventually the support they currently enjoy with many Americans will erode.

And that will set the stage for a completely and full blown socialized HC delivery system.

If you do NOT want socialied HC in your future, you'd best do something to FIX the private HC insurance system, gang.

She died?

According to the link she eventually got her meds.

But, yeah, this is still another example that makes some of us think the HC delivery system is basically broken.

When enough Americans have a story like this to tell about themselves or somebody they know then america will fully sociialize medicine.

It's gonna happen, folks.

Capitalist insurances cannot help but be so niggardly and self-serving (at the expense of its customers) that eventually the support they currently enjoy with many Americans will erode.

And that will set the stage for a completely and full blown socialized HC delivery system.

If you do NOT want socialied HC in your future, you'd best do something to FIX the private HC insurance system, gang.
on THAT i can TOTALLY agree

Forum List

Back