Noooooooo! Strasburg Getting Tommy John Surgery

Lets see, in the space of less than one year the Strasburg time line goes like this:

Minor League phenom
Major League starter
Washington Nationals franchise savior (Maybe next year)
Possible All Star team (Didn't make it)
Possible Cy Young award (Won't win it)

To:

Season ending Tommy John surgery (Possible Career Ender?)

Is that about right?

What did his paycheck look like this year? How much of his contract was guaranteed?

Best case scenario is he recovers like Josh Johnson and is dealing again in 2012.

His total contract is worth something like 15 mil and it's all guaranteed. The NFL is the only major sport that doesn't guarantee the entire contract.

Lets see, in the space of less than one year the Strasburg time line goes like this:

Minor League phenom
Major League starter
Washington Nationals franchise savior (Maybe next year)
Possible All Star team (Didn't make it)
Possible Cy Young award (Won't win it)

To:

Season ending Tommy John surgery (Possible Career Ender?)

Is that about right?

What did his paycheck look like this year? How much of his contract was guaranteed?
Dude, there was no way he was winning the cy young. The season was already underway when he came up, he never would have had the numbers to take on Jimenez or Wainright, etc.

I'll say this though...while a huge setback, most pitchers come back from TJ with better arms than they previously had.

A recent example is Josh Johnson in Florida. Dude's an ace in any rotation since having TJ.

Last edited:
I think I heard something about this, but I don't really follow the triple-A league.

images

Forum List

Back