NOOOOOO! Downfall Studio Forces Youtube to take down "Hitler Finds out" videos!

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
They can't do this!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBO5dh9qrIQ]YouTube - Hitler reacts to the Hitler parodies being removed from YouTube[/ame]

“The legal merits of Constantin’s argument are clear: They do not exist. Downfall parodies take less than four minutes of a 156-minute film, and use them in a way that is unquestionably transformative. Maybe Moturk49 was somehow making a ton of money from his or her Xbox-related parody, but it seems unlikely. In any event, the Supreme Court’s 1994 decision in the “Hairy Woman” lawsuit established that the commercial nature of a parody does not render it presumptively unfair, and that a sufficient parodic purpose offers protection against the charge of copying.

Of course, the real question is: why? Why has Constantin Films chosen to suddenly claim copyright on these clips after six years — especially when the clips generate interest from parties who are otherwise unlikely to even look at the film (the film, which was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, was independently produced and is entirely in German). Certainly plenty of wayward YouTubers and Internet-goers have been driven to discover the source of the clips that provide them with so much entertainment. So, yes, you wonder why Constantin Films is suddenly putting the kibosh on this obvious stream of free publicity.

Hot Air Blog Archive Quotes of the day

I'd never heard of "Down Fall" before the Hitler Finds Out videos were all over Youtube.

I don't understand why six years after this started NOW the makers of this film pull this crap.

They don't have a legal leg to stand on. Not in the US, but who has the money to fight them.

No one is going to fight them on home made videos no one is making a plug nickel on.

Cruds! :mad:

I don't understand it...The producers of that movie likely owe the sales of thousands of copies of that movie, just on the curiosity factor alone.

Dumb asses.

Same way Gail Zappa was pulling all of Frank's stuff off of YouTube.

I sent her an email asking, "How the fuck are people going to hear it if it's not on YouTube, Gail?"

Watched it again, it's even funnier the second time!

I only discoverd the "Hitler Finds Out" videos a few months ago. They are hilarious.

I never heard of Downfall before these videos. This was free advertising for that movie.

This is dumb move by the copyright holders.

I don't understand it...The producers of that movie likely owe the sales of thousands of copies of that movie, just on the curiosity factor alone.

Dumb asses.

Most people never even heard of the movie prior to the Youtube parodies.

I thought parody was fair use. It's odd how Google, which is in the process of violating the copyrights on published books by digitizing them for free online access, is caving on this issue by removing parodies.

They can't do this!!!!!!!!

YouTube - Hitler reacts to the Hitler parodies being removed from YouTube

“The legal merits of Constantin’s argument are clear: They do not exist. Downfall parodies take less than four minutes of a 156-minute film, and use them in a way that is unquestionably transformative. Maybe Moturk49 was somehow making a ton of money from his or her Xbox-related parody, but it seems unlikely. In any event, the Supreme Court’s 1994 decision in the “Hairy Woman” lawsuit established that the commercial nature of a parody does not render it presumptively unfair, and that a sufficient parodic purpose offers protection against the charge of copying.

Of course, the real question is: why? Why has Constantin Films chosen to suddenly claim copyright on these clips after six years — especially when the clips generate interest from parties who are otherwise unlikely to even look at the film (the film, which was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, was independently produced and is entirely in German). Certainly plenty of wayward YouTubers and Internet-goers have been driven to discover the source of the clips that provide them with so much entertainment. So, yes, you wonder why Constantin Films is suddenly putting the kibosh on this obvious stream of free publicity.

Hot Air Blog Archive Quotes of the day

I'd never heard of "Down Fall" before the Hitler Finds Out videos were all over Youtube.

I don't understand why six years after this started NOW the makers of this film pull this crap.

They don't have a legal leg to stand on. Not in the US, but who has the money to fight them.

No one is going to fight them on home made videos no one is making a plug nickel on.

Cruds! :mad:

The world is a poorer place. Next thing you know Rick Astley will be complaining.

Forum List

Back