Nook You Lar

Fmr jarhead said:
Very good! Does this bother anyone else, or am I just being picky?

He's from TX, many of them talk funny down there. Heck, some think they are liberals when they are really war hawk conservatives! :dev3:

I guess I am picky, but it also bothers me when people say exscape and Valentimes as well....I could go on, but I am just being picky, right?

What pronunciations bother you? (I am speaking about adults, not children, here)

Fmr jarhead said:
I guess I am picky, but it also bothers me when people say exscape and Valentimes as well....I could go on, but I am just being picky, right?

What pronunciations bother you? (I am speaking about adults, not children, here)

None. I don't care if they can talk, I care about their character and actions.

There are plenty of intelligent mute people aren't there?

Fmr jarhead said:

Supposably bugs me little, as do short forms such as "veggies" and "hubby". Cutsie words like "tummy" make me cringe when used by adults too.

Fmr jarhead said:

Being more or less functually deaf, people's pronunciations don't really bother me! :eek: However, when one spells, 'serfs' as 'surfs' Watch out!!!! :whip:

Kathianne said:
Being more or less functually deaf, people's pronunciations don't really bother me! :eek: However, when one spells, 'serfs' as 'surfs' Watch out!!!! :whip:

:cof: Being the gifted speller that I am, I'll remember to keep that in mind!

Said1 said:
:cof: Being the gifted speller that I am, I'll remember to keep that in mind!

Just don't write a 3 page paper on Medieval Times and keep misspelling that word! Arggg I get out my red pen and draw surfboards all over it!!!!

Exspecially when sumewon is trying to sownd ejucated, and compleetely missus the poynt.

Speeling has gotten lazy, for me, since I type so much, and mostly in informal settings, such as forums, or personal email. Business email I ensure I spell check, but the rest I don't worry too much about, unless I am truly trying to make a legitmate point.

Enunciation and pronunciation are important to me, since my grandfather ingrained a serious sense of correctness (almost to a fault). He still corrects me whenever he hears something incorrect....grammatically, as well.

Is this some sort of syndrome that would qualify me for government aid? I'd be willing to bet a librul wood helpme withit.

Fmr jarhead said:
Exspecially when sumewon is trying to sownd ejucated, and compleetely missus the poynt.

Speeling has gotten lazy, for me, since I type so much, and mostly in informal settings, such as forums, or personal email. Business email I ensure I spell check, but the rest I don't worry too much about, unless I am truly trying to make a legitmate point.

Enunciation and pronunciation are important to me, since my grandfather ingrained a serious sense of correctness (almost to a fault). He still corrects me whenever he hears something incorrect....grammatically, as well.

Is this some sort of syndrome that would qualify me for government aid? I'd be willing to bet a librul wood helpme withit.

Actually, I'm not a big sticklier on spelling, not my own or anyone else's. For some reason that one case brings out my temper. :firing: Just one of those things that rubs me wrong-kind of like GW's pronunciation of nuclear. :p:

See, I think politicials, as figure-heads, should have good diction. That said, I know a couple people who say 'nucular', so who knows. I guess it's better than pronouncing 'fetus' as 'feces' (I'm kidding, I know that was a fake).

On the other half of the spectrum (for those on the East Coast anyway)... I get corrected ALL the time on my pronunciation of...

is it...

rad-iator ~or~
ray-diator.

I say the former and get corrected all the time. Drives me NUTS. :blowup:

Forum List

Back