Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews from Huntsville Utilities learned they'll be doing work in Long Island, New York instead of in New Jersey.
Crews from Huntsville, as well as Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler out of Trinity headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can't do any work there since they're not union employees.

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

Typical unions. They want the job even though it could get done better and faster by non-union people. They always put themselves first and could care less how many people are in need of help. They can all wait till union people get around to helping.

Last edited:
Those people who showed need the work.. Unions could give a shit, equals selfish liberals at work. The true greedy.

Mitt will dissolve them once and for all. So goes the money and voting machine for the lefts agenda.

The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews from Huntsville Utilities learned they'll be doing work in Long Island, New York instead of in New Jersey.
Crews from Huntsville, as well as Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler out of Trinity headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can't do any work there since they're not union employees.

Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Typical unions. They want the job even though it could get done better and faster by non-union people. They always put themselves first and could care less how many people are in need of help. They can all wait till union people get around to helping.

Interesting that this comes from the first paragraph of your link................

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY (WAFF) -

So..............instead of getting the glory jobs they were hoping for by being in New Jersey, they're pissed that they have to work on Long Island instead?

I guess that they want to go where they'll be noticed, not where they are needed.

It was on our local news. Unions up in New Jersey are turning away help because the people are NON union. WTF.. Why people are suffering and all they care about if the people are union or not .. Typical union thugs I guess

If they're too stupid to take aid offered them then let them tough it out on their own

That doesn't really surprise me....this union thug crap is getting pretty bad!
I have nothing against the average person that is in a union job...everyone needs a job! But when it comes to this kind of crap it just pisses me off. Some (actually a lot) of people have their lives wrapped up so tight into their unions that they can't see beyond their nose. They think that companies are obligated to give them everything they want, not necessarily what they need.

There is no substance to this story...it is a 'some guy said' story

Now that's what I call "credibility"! :lol:

I read the story, it is a 'some guy said' story.

Read it yourself...

Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

I have no doubt this story is true.

When I was a young man, I worked for both a union and non union utility.

This is exactly how they are.

Hell then take the fucking money.

But you really don't see the two as being equal do you?

Personally, no...I don't see the two as equal...but you did say that these union guys were basically stupid to turn down help. That being the case, it would stand to reason that you believe the U.S. was stupid for turning down the 10 million from a known terrorist.

I submit that not all help is "equal"...or valuable. The end doesn't always justify the means.

I've been seeing this all over the net

Yea, all the usual right wing echo chamber suspects...Breitbart, Malkin, the blaze who will take a lie and metastasize it. It is a cancer on our society.

Hey Steph, is your boyfriend a 'French model'??? :lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I]State Farm® - State of Disbelief (French Model) - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back