Nonprofit Sues Overzealous Texas Regulators To Protect Small Farmers

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Confusion in the house of acolytes reigns supreme. It seems a certain law written to allegedly protect small farmers is now being used to harass small farmers. Of course it depends on "interpretation"- guess what subjective interpretation is going to be used by acolytes in the house of godvernment?

Texas is ignoring federal law to harass small farms.

I remember reading a while back about small milk farms having trouble with godvernment ejaculators as well.

Land of the Free- hip-hip hoo-ray! Shining beacon on a hill-

Confusion in the house of acolytes reigns supreme. It seems a certain law written to allegedly protect small farmers is now being used to harass small farmers. Of course it depends on "interpretation"- guess what subjective interpretation is going to be used by acolytes in the house of godvernment?

I remember reading a while back about small milk farms having trouble with godvernment ejaculators as well.

State regulators and legislators have done as much damage to small farming operations with their policies as the feds. Hell you can't even legally buy a butchered chicken from your neighbor whom you know well without breaking the law.

State regulators and legislators have done as much damage to small farming operations with their policies as the feds. Hell you can't even legally buy a butchered chicken from your neighbor whom you know well without breaking the law.
you can if you ask them ahead of time to raise and slaughter it for you,,,

It has to go through a certified butcher here or you are breaking the law.

where is here???
\if you present it already butchered for sale then yes, but if they come to you and say please raise and butcher it for me and I will reimburse you then NO,,

where is here???
\if you present it already butchered for sale then yes, but if they come to you and say please raise and butcher it for me and I will reimburse you then NO,,
Iowa. No I checked it out when I started looking at if I butchered ones after I raised them a defeatherer would be handy and could possibly pay for part of it with selling some. It would have to be butchered by a certified butcher and if I did it I would have to go through a bunch of chit with the state. They were also charging for each permit when the butcher made app. so it cost the same for one as it did for a hundred.

where is here???
Iowa. No I checked it out when I started looking at if I butchered ones after I raised them a defeatherer would be handy and could possibly pay for part of it with selling some. It would have to be butchered by a certified butcher and if I did it I would have to go through a bunch of chit with the state. They were also charging for each permit when the butcher made app. so it cost the same for one as it did for a hundred.

in that case yes you do,,,but if you had your costumer first then raised it and butchered it then you can butcher it yourself,,,as far as I know that is the case in most states,,,

the difference is the retail aspect verses co op,,,

• Banned
I don't know a lot about Iowa- except for a couple of things. 1), Knoxville Raceway :) and 2), on a visit to Knoxville for the Nationals in 1980 I visited the Iowa state fair and saw the two biggest pigs I had ever seen in my life and I was raised on a farm: 1 weighed 1100 lbs! The other weighed 942 lbs. They were laying down- probably because they couldn't stand- LOL- I bet it was a chore getting them loaded in a trailer.

I don't know a lot about Iowa- except for a couple of things. 1), Knoxville Raceway :) and 2), on a visit to Knoxville for the Nationals in 1980 I visited the Iowa state fair and saw the two biggest pigs I had ever seen in my life and I was raised on a farm: 1 weighed 1100 lbs! The other weighed 942 lbs. They were laying down- probably because they couldn't stand- LOL- I bet it was a chore getting them loaded in a trailer.
A lot of pigs here no doubt about that. I've only had one since we've been here. Was in Idaho taking care of biz when son told me on the phone he'd gotten me a new pet pig, "Cutest thing you ever saw mom". I told him take it back I don't want no pig. Anyhow had a mini house pig until I was gone a few weeks working and the first morning I got back home the pig was so tickled (smart lil thing she was). I'd asked her, "Prissy you ready to go out to potty?" She rolled over on her blanky and finally stood up but instead of heading for the door she took a few steps towards where Rod and mine chairs were and then started backing up towards Rod. The damn pig was going to piss on his foot. Rod's dad said that was the best damn pig he'd ever ate in his life.

(smart lil thing she was).
I remember Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon discussing how smart pigs are a couple of times on his show-
She was smart and very easy to train but her and Rod didn't get along. Had a Peacock back then too my aunt gave me. He was a hoot. Son did like him because it would go up and get in his bed. Son says, "Mom that damn bird has been sleeping on my bed again". I said "Awe come on?" He was like, "No really mom he's sleeping on my bed." A few days later I took some of his clothes up to his room and sure enough there was that darn Peacock flopped over on its side sleeping on son's bed.

Peacock would also attack strangers he didn't like if they got outta their car.

Forum List

Back