None of these would exist IF OSHA,EPA,et.al. around..Golden Gate, Hoover Dam...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Obama said:
"So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the G.I. Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together."

Empire State Building, THE Interstate!
Because EPA would have NOT allowed any of those structures or roads to be built BECAUSE they would have displaced some species of plant or animal. Look what the EPA is doing in Calif. costing 100,000s of jobs due to a 2" fish!

OSHA.. Golden Gate 16 men died building it! Yet OBAMA credits the Govt.!!

There were a total of 114 deaths associated with the building of the Hoover Dam!
Obama credits the govt. and it would have today shut the project down with the first death!

Think it would have been built today?

AND the Internet...Obama.." That’s how we invented the Internet. "
What do you mean"WE"????
The Taxes paid by people provided the defense dept. funds to do "Preliminary" research!

The point is that IF the govt. is so wonderful how did we get the Golden Gate Bridge built without them? Or Empire state building? Official records state that only five workers were killed building it! Where would it have been?

Really all the govt. should do is DEFENSE of the country... NOW even the mail is done better by FedEX/UPS..etc.!!!

We didn't create the middle class. The middle class was created in the middle ages. We just gave individuals more opportunity to enter the middle class. Something obama is addressing right now.

We aren't one people anymore. We don't work together any more. He's either very stupid, or lying.

But would we have the Golden Gate bridge, Hoover Dam, Interstate if the power the EPA,OSHA has today existed when these were built?
Consider this: Golden Gate cost 16 lives...
But every day
Before the bridge the only way was
The ferry crossing between the Hyde Street Pier in San Francisco and Sausalito in Marin County took approximately 20 minutes and cost US$1.00 per vehicle, a price later reduced to compete with the new bridge.[10] The trip from the San Francisco Ferry Building took 27 minutes.
From 1937 to 2012

But would we have the Golden Gate bridge, Hoover Dam, Interstate if the power the EPA,OSHA has today existed when these were built?
But every day
The ferry crossing between the Hyde Street Pier in San Francisco and Sausalito in Marin County took approximately 20 minutes and cost US$1.00 per vehicle, a price later reduced to compete with the new bridge.[10] The trip from the San Francisco Ferry Building took 27 minutes.
From 1937 to 2012

Why not? We were able to keep making things after industrial safety laws were passed.

Is it a bad thing that we killed fewer people doing it?

But every day
From 1937 to 2012

Why not? We were able to keep making things after industrial safety laws were passed.

Is it a bad thing that we killed fewer people doing it?

So you are of the school that there should be a cop on every corner?
How many laws did you break today that you weren't caught because there wasn't a cop on every corner?
Really you think that our society EXISTS because of man made laws?

There is a law of physics that says you can't stop your car from hitting another car if you are texting while driving at 30 mph.
It's not a Federal Man made law. But a law of physics that common sense in most people obey.
YET I suppose you would be like the ditzy radio person I heard who said"well if they make it a law not to text while driving, I'll obey it"!
YOU like her should be obeying the LAW of physics and not depend on the law of man telling you what is right and wrong!
The point of a speed limit sign is NOT to tell you how fast to go in a specific area but the law of physics saying you go above that limit more often then not something NOT good will occur!

But that's going way over your head isn't it?

You obey the laws out of fear of getting caught! I because people a lot smarter then me are advising what the safe speed limits are in certain areas, school zones, blind crossing,et. but idiots like you OBEY only if you think a cop is around!

Obama said:
"So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the G.I. Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together."

Because EPA would have NOT allowed any of those structures or roads to be built BECAUSE they would have displaced some species of plant or animal. Look what the EPA is doing in Calif. costing 100,000s of jobs due to a 2" fish!

There were a total of 114 deaths associated with the building of the Hoover Dam!
Obama credits the govt. and it would have today shut the project down with the first death!

What do you mean"WE"????
The Taxes paid by people provided the defense dept. funds to do "Preliminary" research!

The point is that IF the govt. is so wonderful how did we get the Golden Gate Bridge built without them? Or Empire state building? Official records state that only five workers were killed building it! Where would it have been?

Really all the govt. should do is DEFENSE of the country... NOW even the mail is done better by FedEX/UPS..etc.!!!

Today we build skyscrapers with few or no fatalities. We also build dams with no fatalities, and we actually take the environment into account.

So are you saying workplace safety is a bad thing? I guess I'm not getting your point here...

Oh, by the way, OSHA and teh EPA? Started by that RAGING liberal, Richard Milhaus Nixon!

Obama said:

What do you mean"WE"????

The EPA began in 1970.

The third tallest dam in the U.S., the Dworshak Dam, was built in 1973. The 6th tallest dam, New Melones Dam, was built in 1979. The 12th tallest dam, Seven Oaks Dam, was built in 2000.

How did those dams get built if it were impossible for them to get built?

Forum List

Back