None of the Above

slackjawed

Self deported
Sep 27, 2008
15th congressional district of Arizona
Nevada has, or at least used to have, a provision on their election ballots to vote for 'none of the above'. I don't live there any longer so this may have changed.
If 'none of the above' received more votes than any of the candidates, they held a new election with new candidates.
Who here would vote for 'none of the above' in this presidential election?
Who here thinks we the people should have that choice?
I would also be interested in hearing opinions on New Mexico's tie-breaking policy of cutting cards to settle a tied election.(yep, they really do that)

I revived this as it seems maybe ow, a year down the road there may be some here that see the logic in none of the above.
any comments?
Who is finally seeing the wisdom of putting none of the above on the ballot?
I see this as a valid method of reform.
1)Put none of the above as a choice on every ballot.
2)Require that a candidate must get a simple majority of votes to win.
3)If nobody gets a majority of vote, we would have a new election with new candidates.

Yeah Nevadans are going to vote out Reid who has the most power in the congress for some smuck who will have no power in congress.

You really dont get how politics works huh.

Nevada has, or at least used to have, a provision on their election ballots to vote for 'none of the above'. I don't live there any longer so this may have changed.
If 'none of the above' received more votes than any of the candidates, they held a new election with new candidates.
Who here would vote for 'none of the above' in this presidential election?
Who here thinks we the people should have that choice?
I would also be interested in hearing opinions on New Mexico's tie-breaking policy of cutting cards to settle a tied election.(yep, they really do that)

I have been for the none of the above option for many years.
The voters way of telliing the political parites that they suck and we don't like your choice of candidate.

Its not partisan its just reason.

The reason Reids numbers are so low is his base is mad at him for not bringing home the public Option.

They will look at their ballots and see a republican ( they are all dirty as hell here in Nevada) and they will vote for Reid anyway.

He has done a shit load for Nevada whcih is why we hire him.

While Nevada is cited in my op, this is really about a non-partisan choice- none of the above and has nothing to do with any individual candidate or election.
nothing to do with reid or any other of your heros at all
Would you like to see none of the above as a choice on all future ballots or not.

Yeah Nevadans are going to vote out Reid who has the most power in the congress for some smuck who will have no power in congress.

You really dont get how politics works huh.

So that's why Tom Daschle is still Senate majority leader, right?

I like the idea of none of the above, but not having that option on your ballot should never be an excuse for voting for someone you don't like.

There are other options, like writing someone in, or just not voting at all.

Considering the shear amount of time and money it would take to do another election at the federal level I think it's a bad idea.

Oh and it could easily be turned into a vote for a 2-term president as if they were to do another election I'd imagine the current president gets to stay in office.

Forum List

Back