Non union labor reform

That's easy. Just vote out the politicians who negotiate with the unions. Otherwise STFU and pay the poor bastards who work for you, the taxpayer.

Fuck People who have the need to tell others to shut the Fuck up. Value for value, Shit Head.

What would YOU know about "value for value"? And anytime people agree to work for you, the taxpayer, for certain agreed upon wages and benefits, then you start complaining about having to pay for that labor, then you really need to STFU and pay the people who work their asses off for you.

Bottom line? They do the work and through your elected reps you agreed to the wages and benefits. PAY THE POOR BASTARDS picking up your garbage and teaching your kids and stop your complaining.

Extortion must really work well for you and your Unions Popeye. No matter what perfume you mask corruption with, at the end of the day, it is still corruption.

I'm anti-union but I work for a company that routinely bends us over and gives us the metophorical shaft. I'm tired of being exploited but they will continue to take advantage of the high unemployment rate knowing that they can do whatever they want while still maintaining a low turnover. We can't negotiate a raise, we only get two days off a month now, but even before i would only get four. Does anyone agree that their should be a law protecting employees from predatory employment practices that are little more then slavery, excpecially since my only other option would be to quit.

One good example of the reform is a ban on mandatory over-time. It would force companies to offer their own incentives for coming in after the original forty hour agreement, not just over-time pay(which I would PAY just to get a weekend off)

To answer your stupid questions

1. No I can't get another job.
2 I can't get another job because I'm lucky to have this one (or unlucky to have been tricked into it by free health care)
3. Missing days leads to getting fired and the days alotted are the equal to those who only ever work 40 hours a week. 10 points a year 40 hrs a week.= 10 points a year 48-56 hrs a week. Not fair.

Let me get this straight: You're getting free healthcare and overtime pay, but you're whining because they insist that you work overtime?

I've got news for you, chump: many people would be happy to work all the overtime they could get.

Yep..just like corporations should be happy to sell their products, never raise their prices, merge with other corporations, seek labor outside the country that is cheaper, advocate for government grants and contracts and send in lobbyists to lower taxes.

They should be just happy to sell their products.

:clap2: Out-fucking-standing.

It's all wrong. Government protected wrong. The Government is fucked, the Big Corporations are fucked, and the Unions are fucked, they are all in on it, centralizing, removing competition, and feeding off of the unsuspecting. The difference between us is you see big Government, Big Business, and big Unions, as the fix, I see each of them as guilty co-conspirators, exploiters, and oppressors. When I say Free Market, I mean exactly that. Government regulating without partiality, without it picking who sinks and who swims. Let the Buyer do that.

I'm anti-union but I work for a company that routinely bends us over and gives us the metophorical shaft. I'm tired of being exploited but they will continue to take advantage of the high unemployment rate knowing that they can do whatever they want while still maintaining a low turnover. We can't negotiate a raise, we only get two days off a month now, but even before i would only get four. Does anyone agree that their should be a law protecting employees from predatory employment practices that are little more then slavery, excpecially since my only other option would be to quit.

One good example of the reform is a ban on mandatory over-time. It would force companies to offer their own incentives for coming in after the original forty hour agreement, not just over-time pay(which I would PAY just to get a weekend off)

2 I can't get another job because I'm lucky to have this one (or unlucky to have been tricked into it by free health care)
3. Missing days leads to getting fired and the days alotted are the equal to those who only ever work 40 hours a week. 10 points a year 40 hrs a week.= 10 points a year 48-56 hrs a week. Not fair.

You are not being exploited. You obviously think it is worth it or you would quit and look for another job. Whining about a job you don't like because you like the benefits and pay makes you look stupid.

Forcing people to work more than 40 hours ought to be illegal.

Why does businessess often do that?

Because the cost of hiring and keeping an additional employee costs more than forcing existing workers to do the overtime.

As to what ric can do about it?

Not a damned thing without a union backing him.

His is a fairly good example of why unions are a necessary and good part of a modern industrialized society.

His example is an excellent exanmple of why corporate tools hate unions, too.

I am a union carpenter. My last job required all workers to work 12 hours per day, seven days a week. Since the economy is depressed we agreed to a 20% pay cut. This was necessary so the company could stay competitive with the non union firms. Choosing to work only the 40 hours, would result in termination. They would have replace me with the next man on the list.
I like overtime. We don't need anymore laws restricting our freedom of choice. I joined the union for the health care, retirement package and the training program. I joined of my own free will. I don't like anyone forcing me to join. That would be evil

That's the thing, why aren't there any labor laws protecting employees, all the laws on the book protect the employers even OSHA laws were designed to favor the employer more then the employee.

No they are not.

Labor laws already protect workers.

Hahahaha!

You're anti union but you want the things unions have won for you? Crush the unions and then turn to the government to protect you? You're dreaming. The government won't lift a finger to protect workers unless it's forced to. And who's gonna force it to? The unions.

Are you trolling or what?

lets give it a try , show him how so much better off he'd be.

There is no such thing as indentured servitude.
"Can't" or "won't"...There are always alternatives.
For example.. Move to an areas where jobs are more plentiful. Lots of people have done precisely that.
Heard a woman on a radio talk show who complained she was laid off from her job as a newspaper reporter. She claimed she was a good reporter. The host suggested she seek reporting jobs in other areas of the country. She made excuses about family pressures which she claimed prevented her from moving. Call ended with an exasperated host.
If your employer is so horrible, leave. Don't ever claim you cannot find other work.
Make yourself more marketable. Go to night school. Look at opportunities to find ways to generate income for yourself.
If your employer is violating state and federal work rules regrading overtime pay, file and anonymous report. There are whistle blower protection laws.
Union representation will only cause your employer to harden their stance. Good luck with even getting the employer to the table. Remember a union can only represent workers if the employer and the union reach an agreement. The employer is under no obligation to make a contract with a union.

osa would have done their job the BP oil spill would not have happened .
but it did . whats that tell you about OSA ?

The job is paid hourly I work in a canning facility, yes over-time is a given but what if i don't want the overtime? When taking an hourly job you know it's 40 hours a week, most places it's just 40 hours. The reason we are working 6 and 7 days a week is poor management, and the employees have no say in the matter.

I am a very hard worker and expect the best out of myself, but its hard when your always tired and you hate your job because you never get away from it.
When you took the job, was overtime discussed?
"Poor management"? C'mon, I'm having problems buying that.
Perhaps they expect far more production and are willing to pay overtime wages to keep from having to hire more employees. If you are getting 10-15 hrs time and half per week, you are far better off than many workers who have had their hours slashed.
Where you got the idea that "taking an hourly job you know it's 40 hours per week" is a mystery.
If you are being paid for your hours worked, you have no complaints. At least as I see it.
If you don't want overtime you have two choices. One is go to your manager and tell them you want to work just 40 hours per week. This is where enrolling in evening classes can help you because to my knowledge employers are required by law to make concessions to those who wish to further their education. You can seek other employment.

You're fucked. Republicans are taking away your worker rights every day. You know the only way to stop them.
you should have looked in the mirror and stopped at "you're fucked"....Because with your archaic thinking, that is exactly what you are, fucked....as, in the head.
BTW, the plant and any other place of business has little chance of unionizing because unions are do undeniably unpopular.
BTW, what worker rights has the GOP "taken away"?
GIve a list ....no other commentary is required. Just the list...Go!

Rather than creating higher quality jobs, workers should scramble all over the country, fighting like crabs in a bucket for the best jobs.

The job is paid hourly I work in a canning facility, yes over-time is a given but what if i don't want the overtime? When taking an hourly job you know it's 40 hours a week, most places it's just 40 hours. The reason we are working 6 and 7 days a week is poor management, and the employees have no say in the matter.

I am a very hard worker and expect the best out of myself, but its hard when your always tired and you hate your job because you never get away from it.

A very hard worker who whines a lot. If you don't want the job, quit. I am certain if McDonald's can hire 50,000 burger flippers in a day, your employer will easily find someone to replace you.

And the above response is a fairly good example of why our society is falling apart, too.
How so?

Oh lets all go out and work ourselves into a frenzy to help our employers...right? Go out and bust it every day. I worked for 31 years for a company. I worked hard. I gave up alot for them. Now they have gone under. My prayers were answered.

You gave up what?...Your former employer allowed you on their property to do a job for which you were paid for you labor.
That's an agreement. Each side fulfilled it's promise to the other. So what did you do that was so special that you believe you deserved some additional considerations?
And what is it that made you so bitter that the workers at the employers site deserved to lose their jobs? You pro union thugs like to forget that it is the employer that provides the jobs so union people can earn a living. Without business, there is no employment.

When you took the job, was overtime discussed?
"Poor management"? C'mon, I'm having problems buying that.
Perhaps they expect far more production and are willing to pay overtime wages to keep from having to hire more employees. If you are getting 10-15 hrs time and half per week, you are far better off than many workers who have had their hours slashed.
Where you got the idea that "taking an hourly job you know it's 40 hours per week" is a mystery.
If you are being paid for your hours worked, you have no complaints. At least as I see it.
If you don't want overtime you have two choices. One is go to your manager and tell them you want to work just 40 hours per week. This is where enrolling in evening classes can help you because to my knowledge employers are required by law to make concessions to those who wish to further their education. You can seek other employment.

this is the repig thinking , this is how your going to be treated , get use to people this is how they look at you .

it was her fault for not know about overtime , she's lucky person to have that job .

my heart goes out to workers now , everything gained may-well be taken away .

If it was easy to go out and get another job I would have done that, my last employer would be more then willing to have me back, but they don't exist anymore due to the economy. I live in NW Arkansas pretty much, and all the jobs within a 50 mile radius are being sought after by 3/4 of Arkansas population, and part of Oklahomas. And the fact that I work in Arkansas would explain why I can't join a union, unions almost never pass here, and every one is afraid to stir things up by talking about. Right to work states just mean that employers can fire you for the hell of it, no reason required.

But, in a strange turn of events it seems Wal-mart of all things has come to my rescue. One of their rules for suppliers is no excessive hours and rest days. So I will be getting more time off soon.

If it was easy to go out and get another job I would have done that, my last employer would be more then willing to have me back, but they don't exist anymore due to the economy. I live in NW Arkansas pretty much, and all the jobs within a 50 mile radius are being sought after by 3/4 of Arkansas population, and part of Oklahomas. And the fact that I work in Arkansas would explain why I can't join a union, unions almost never pass here, and every one is afraid to stir things up by talking about. Right to work states just mean that employers can fire you for the hell of it, no reason required.

But, in a strange turn of events it seems Wal-mart of all things has come to my rescue. One of their rules for suppliers is no excessive hours and rest days. So I will be getting more time off soon.

Well I hope things work out for you. I have a few ideas for employment should you need them. A few things sure stand out in your post, however.........

1) The job market is still horrible so the Wingnuts that say anyone can find a job anywhere are nuts.

2) The biggest reason that workers don't want to form unions is due to FEAR.

3) American workers are exploited and the need for unions still exist.

Forum List

Back