Non-Sequitur of the year: BVBMeat

LOL! Was it Neville Chamberlain who said, "Hitler is a megalomaniac bent on world domination - all the more reason to hide our heads in the sand"?

musicman said:
LOL! Was it Neville Chamberlain who said, "Hitler is a megalomaniac bent on world domination - all the more reason to hide our heads in the sand"?

Exactly. What kind of crack is bvbmeat smoking? Does it have stripes?

Clearly, this one single line from my post was worthy of it's own separate thread! :salute:

Please tell me, why is Islam suddenly filled with anger at america, but only in the last few decades, and the last 15 years in particular? Islam hasn't changed for probably a thousand years. It couldn't be the support for dictators, or the Clinton-era sanctions, could it? Or the unconstitutional aid to that certain ally in the mideast? Naw.

There are many ignorant, backwards societies throughout the globe, but it does not logically follow that you go over and kick their asses. If it is, you're going to have to just about occupy the entire world. The only basis for invading is if we're attacked (which Iraq didn't) or if there's strong evidence of imminent attack (there wasn't). We live in peace with many, many ignorant religions and societies. There is no non-sequitur here.

I'm well aware that Islam is a filthy, repressive, detestible religion. All the more reason why we should stay out of their affairs.

Following your logic we should stay out of the affairs of liberals too?

BaronVonBigmeat said:
Clearly, this one single line from my post was worthy of it's own separate thread! :salute:

Please tell me, why is Islam suddenly filled with anger at america, but only in the last few decades, and the last 15 years in particular? Islam hasn't changed for probably a thousand years. It couldn't be the support for dictators, or the Clinton-era sanctions, could it? Or the unconstitutional aid to that certain ally in the mideast? Naw.

There are many ignorant, backwards societies throughout the globe, but it does not logically follow that you go over and kick their asses. If it is, you're going to have to just about occupy the entire world. The only basis for invading is if we're attacked (which Iraq didn't) or if there's strong evidence of imminent attack (there wasn't). We live in peace with many, many ignorant religions and societies. There is no non-sequitur here.

Not sure where YOU have been, but your one-sided, left-jaded reply doesn't cut it.

We are at war against terrorism because we were attacked by terrorists. Pretty simple.

We invaded Iraq and deposed Saddam for a laundry list of reasons. Maybe you didn't mind babysitting his borders 24/7 for 13 years since you didn't have to, but personally, I thought it sucked.

He bluffed the wrong man with an empty hand. Got his ass kicked for it too, and rightly so. That one's pretty easy as well.

When you quit using any-and-all conveniences that operate on fossil fuels, THEN question why we have a vested interest in the Middle East. WHO owns the oil is damned-important to us.

Forum List

Back