Non-Essential Federal Employees

Then send a complaint letter to Pelosi about her negligence while on the job last year.

What a stupid thing to say. How is bitching about the past going to solve our problems in the present?

You mean put the blame on the people actually responsible for the mess? Why would they do that when they could find an excuse to blame Republicans for their mistakes?

Again, how is bitching about the past going to solve our problems in the present? And regardless of the Democrats dropping the ball last fall, how does that excuse the Republicans from their responsibility to now work with the other side to pass a budget? Throwing hissy fits and tantrums is the PROBLEM not the solution.

Oh, I don't know...maybe because it was actually their responsibility?

I know, it's a foreign idea to some, that responsibility thing.

Like I said, bitching about the past will not give us a budget today. The Democrats dropped the ball, we all know this already. I wanted to ram my head into a wall back when they decided to put it off, because the whole idea was so stupid. But that's the past, and complaining about it does not get anyone anywhere.

Regardless of the past, the facts of today are that we need Congress (the Congress of the present) to pass a budget. They have a responsibility to get the job done, and citing past failures does not alleviate them of that responsibility in the now. If anything, the tantrums that the GOP have been throwing by complaining about the past are even worse then what the Democrats did. Procrastination is one thing. Outright refusal is another.

Last edited:
About as often as it mentioned healthcare and charity for all.

Do you actually want to address the conversation at hand, or are you just going to chime in with irrelevancies? The question asked was how to determine what constitutes an "essential" versus "non-essential" government employee. It's been claimed that the constitution outlines the issue. I'm not sure I read that part of the constitution. Maybe it was the constitution of some other country.

Like I said, bitching about the past will not give us a budget today. The Democrats dropped the ball, we all know this already. I wanted to ram my head into a wall back when they decided to put it off, because the whole idea was so stupid. But that's the past, and complaining about it does not get anyone anywhere.

Regardless of the past, the facts of today are that we need Congress (the Congress of the present) to pass a budget. They have a responsibility to get the job done, and citing past failures does not alleviate them of that responsibility in the now. If anything, the tantrums that the GOP have been throwing by complaining about the past are even worse then what the Democrats did. Procrastination is one thing. Outright refusal is another.
OK. Yes, this Congress should fix what the last one didn't do. That's true. But, this Congress also has a responsibility to ensure the budget they pass is sustainable.

I suppose they could just pass crap and do more damage to our financial situation than the administration has done.

Yep, they could do that. Or they could try to mitigate the financial damage, with a potential cost of a shutdown.

Last edited:
The IRS will not audit, it will expect tax returns to be completed on time, refunds will be delayed.

Unaffected: armed services, police and fire, utilities, air traffic management and prisons. Seems reasonable.

Not what I'm hearing, Both houses of congress have a bill to exempt the soldiers from a shutdown.. INSURING THEY WILL be PAID.. The asshole in chief vows to VETO that bill. MSNBC

There should be no such thing as a nonessential employee.

So when the government tells those nonessential people to stay home, they should stay home permanently.

Okay, so never again shall there be a tour of the White House or Capitol building.

I couldn't care less if there were no tours of the White House. You can get pictures of it on line for free.

We don't need a budget that's a gazillion $$ in the red... sorry Charlie.

Shut the fucker down.

With the shut down of the government nearing I am curious who you would consider as Non-essential federal employees. My major hope is that IRS agents would be in that lenghty list.
You can't determine who is essential without knowing how long the government will be shutdown. Eventually all areas will become essential to someone. I wonder how long they projected the shutdown would last?

Forum List

Back