Non Cliquity Clack Club

I'd love to have a nice little garden patch. I've got a 20' by 24' garden miles from home, but I don't have much time. A garden right in the back would be nice, especially a neat one like that. My favorite plants are the purple coneflower (medicinal), asparagus (I'm poor), and rhubarb (mom's pies).
Me too! :) I have a green thumb.

You could make you a small garden with some garden ties...if you don't have deer and other animals in your area, you probably don't need a fence around it. I have a 20x50 and it's way too big for my liking. I get all enthusiastic in the spring and plant every single bed....then by this time, each year, I'm exhausted with all the yield, but I can't bring myself to kill the plants.

My canteloupe plants are coming forth with some fruit, so I have to keep watering them...and I end up just watering the whole garden.....argh.........:)

In honor of Cat's day......two cats just talking....

cats-talking.jpg

Either here or Cheers! I know what would perk it up! Start posting some of your funnies, lol.

As I stroll in, perhaps I shall tell you how I came to possess the coolness of David Lee Roth. You probably all noticed something so obvious, but were too polite to ask how I obtained it.

Long ago, when David Lee Roth was considered the hottest man on the planet (1985 or so), a certain high school senior girl made it her goal to nail David Lee Roth when he came to town for a show. So, her and her friend put on their best teenage slut outfits, went to the show, and offered themselves up, trying to pass the message through the roadies.

Roadies, being roadies, told them all girls had to be "road-tested" before being passed on to David. Her friend fell for that ruse, and ended up having a rather unpleasant time with the roadies. Remember girls, roadies are scum, believe nothing they say. Our heroine, however held out for David or nothing. So she got David.

Oh, she said he wasn't very good, but the point of it was just to score David.

Now, the coolness of David Lee Roth is much like an STD, and it gets passed along by sexual contact. Women, however, can only be carriers of it, and don't manifest the coolness of David Lee Roth. However, when that girl, many years and some pounds later, took up with me, she passed it on to me.

Hence, I now possess the coolness of David Lee Roth. All stand in awe before me. Trouble is, the coolness of David Lee Roth ages along with David Lee Roth, so it kind of looks like this now. (It actually does bear some resemblance to me.)

220px-David_Lee_Roth_Smashbox_2008.jpg

omg...

I did a presentation on "wet brain" yesterday in my human diseases class. I have no idea what all I said because I get so nervous in public speaking :lol:

I sometimes break out in hives.

I had my talk all planned out with a power point but when I got up there I just went blank and rambled until I hit the last slide.

Anyone else hate public speaking?

I did a presentation on "wet brain" yesterday in my human diseases class. I have no idea what all I said because I get so nervous in public speaking :lol:

I had my talk all planned out with a power point but when I got up there I just went blank and rambled until I hit the last slide.

I used to. The more I have had to do it the more I like it. I have had to do training excersizes in front of large groups and public speaking for various organizations. I also teach in a prison. If I can get them to pay attentionthen I am golden.

Every single time I felt I failed BIG time. When my father passed away in Decemeber the family asked me to do the eulogy "because I was so good at public speaking". Surprised me... i thought I sucked at it.

I used to. The more I have had to do it the more I like it. I have had to do training excersizes in front of large groups and public speaking for various organizations. I also teach in a prison. If I can get them to pay attentionthen I am golden.

Every single time I felt I failed BIG time. When my father passed away in Decemeber the family asked me to do the eulogy "because I was so good at public speaking". Surprised me... i thought I sucked at it.

Wow, I would be terrified to talk to prisoners :lol:

Public speaking is the worst for me.

Sorry about your dad passing away.

Wow, I would be terrified to talk to prisoners :lol:

Public speaking is the worst for me.

Sorry about your dad passing away.

Thank you.

I do 8 week sessions, so every 8 weeks I get a new class of prisoners. First class i was terrified. Not so much now.

Yep he seems to keep popping up.....doesn't he. argh...........

Forum List

Back