Non-Citizens Should Get To Vote-WTF?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Whacky San Francisco thinks non-citizens should be able to 'be represented':

Hmmm, the URL is tied to my name, which won't work for you. :)

Here's the gist:

S.F. OKs ballot measure allowing non-citizens the right to vote
BY JESSIE MANGALIMAN
Knight Ridder Newspapers

SAN JOSE, Calif. - (KRT) - The San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Tuesday agreed to place a controversial ballot measure on the November ballot that could make the city the first in California to allow non-citizens to vote in local school board elections.

Under the proposed charter amendment change, parents or guardians of children in San Francisco schools - including undocumented immigrants - would be allowed to vote.

"I believe this is important because it further democratizes our society," said board president Matt Gonzalez, author of the initiative. The board voted 9-2 to place the measure on the ballot for a city vote.

But Supervisor Fiona Ma, one of two supervisors who voted against the measure, said she opposed it because she believes only U.S. citizens should have the right to vote.....

....Supporters of the new ballot measure said they are confident that this time, with the narrow focus on local school board elections, the proposal will stand up to a legal challenge.

"It's important because it integrates residents of the city who are disenfranchised in the decision-making process in schools," said Carlo Petroni, a founder of Movimiento de los derechos des inmigrantes, (Movement for Immigrant Rights), a San Francisco group that's campaigning to get the ballot measure approved. "It's good policy and it's good government."

Isn't the term "non-citizen" supposed to speak for itself? They may have a stake in the country, but they haven't earned the right to vote. This is MY f***ing country, and I'll be damned if every Pierre, Juanita, and Osama who happens to be within the borders during election gets to help make the decisions facing MY f***ing country! If you're not a U.S. citizen and you want to vote, fill out an absentee ballot for the country you're from. Heck, I'll be spending a year in China in a couple of years. If China had elections (maybe it does, but I didn't think commies had elections), I wouldn't vote in them if they let me, since I'm not Chinese, but you can bet I'll be sending absentee ballots back to the U.S.

Moi said:
over my dead, decaying body will I relinquish control of my country to non-citizens. There's just no other way to say it.

Nope, my only time out of the country was my recent trip to Jamaica.

Hobbit said:
Nope, my only time out of the country was my recent trip to Jamaica.

i spent a lot of time thoughout asia. if you have any questions, PM me. I don't want to hi-jack the board.......

Kathianne said:
Whacky San Francisco thinks non-citizens should be able to 'be represented':

Hmmm, the URL is tied to my name, which won't work for you. :)

Here's the gist:

I'll tell ya... cali-frick'n-fornia is OUT OF CONTROL!! I just HATE to read shit like this. It just makes my blood boil. I'll be thinking of this now for the rest of the day.

:blowup:

You know, of course, that this is simply the beginning of the campaign to disenfranchise legal voters.

Noticed that the supporter of this idiotic measure is Hispanic. The whole thing stinks of racism and collusion. Damn liberal Hispanic morons want to take over, so they attempt to build their power base by importing illegals to vote for their programs.

If this garbage isn't squashed, I wouldn't be suprised to see another civil war in this country within ten years. I'll be in my mid sixties by then, but I'll still be young enough to pull a trigger.

They are voting for SCHOOL BOARDS...not official type gov't ppl. My Green-Card-having Step mom should have a right to vote into place SCHOOL officials; who are charged with educating her kids... :)

-=d=- said:
They are voting for SCHOOL BOARDS...not official type gov't ppl. My Green-Card-having Step mom should have a right to vote into place SCHOOL officials; who are charged with educating her kids... :)

I don't care if they're voting for Miss Congeniality. Voting is a right reserved for CITIZENS. If your stepmother wants to vote, let her apply for citizenship. This is an issue which should tolerate no shortcuts and no compromises.

-=d=- said:

No. I'm sure your mom's a sensible person, but I draw a line, and my line says you have to be a citizen to vote in any government election. You have to be a member of an organization to vote for it. It's a priviledge. What Wal-Mart does may affect all of its customers, but the share holders are the only ones who get to vote. Many people may have quite a stake in another nation and how its run, but they don't get to vote in that country. Voting is a right only for citizens of the U.S. That's it, nobody else.

Hobbit said:
No. I'm sure your mom's a sensible person, but I draw a line, and my line says you have to be a citizen to vote in any government election. You have to be a member of an organization to vote for it. It's a priviledge. What Wal-Mart does may affect all of its customers, but the share holders are the only ones who get to vote. Many people may have quite a stake in another nation and how its run, but they don't get to vote in that country. Voting is a right only for citizens of the U.S. That's it, nobody else.

Complete agreement.

Otherwise "illegal" and "legal" immigrant have no meaning.

People need to look up the definitions of both to understand how corrupt govt is and then they will see they are being fooled.

Sounds like bullshit to me, Kathianne.
I don't see how one can justify giving non-citizens voting rights.
Citizenship and the electoral process are inseperable.
A felon loses his right to vote. An alien doesn't have one to begin with.
Right?

nycflasher said:
Sounds like bullshit to me, Kathianne.
I don't see how one can justify giving non-citizens voting rights.
Citizenship and the electoral process are inseperable.
A felon loses his right to vote. An alien doesn't have one to begin with.
Right?

Saw this on CNN. Local School Board this year, state next year, then watch out in 08 right? No Citizen, No Vote or what is the point? BTW doesn't a felon get the right back once the debt is fully paid. Like if he gets 30 serves 15 and is paroled, he still can't vote till the thirty is up?

SAN DIEGO — Handcuffed and shackled with their pockets pulled inside out, more than 150 illegal aliens are loaded onto an airplane every night, bound for detention centers in the United States to await deportation orders to their home countries.
Searched by a cadre of uniformed federal agents and encircled by heavily armed officers, they are herded off buses in the dead of night on an isolated tarmac at San Diego International Airport, where they silently shuffle single file on board a waiting MD-82 jetliner.

Some never have been on an airplane. Others have made the trip before. Many will be back.
A monthlong investigation by The Washington Times found that a shortage of detention space and lack of manpower force federal authorities to regularly release illegal aliens back on the streets of America — and often to ignore requests to pick up illegals in the custody of state and local officials.
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040720-115825-5216r.htm

Moi said:
over my dead, decaying body will I relinquish control of my country to non-citizens. There's just no other way to say it.
Your a joke, the control is already being relinquish and you ain't going to do a damm thing about it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back