NoKorea has put a missile on its launch pad and is preparing to launch

Japan stands ready to shoot it down and I am sure the US is also.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | N Korea 'places missile on pad'

Nah, its not going to happen. N. Korea isnt dumb enough to set up a situation where Japan can shoot their missle down. They will make sure it doesnt have any chance of coming too close to Japan.

As it stands now, Japan is only going to shoot it down if it goes up, then comes down into Japans territory. In this situation, i dont think theres much of a chance of it coming down, since the idea is to launch it into orbit. Im not sure if it has any sort of external boosters though, and if it does, those COULD possibly fall back down towards Japan after they are spent and ejected, in which case they WILL shoot those down.

Nah, its not going to happen. N. Korea isnt dumb enough to set up a situation where Japan can shoot their missle down. They will make sure it doesnt have any chance of coming too close to Japan.

As it stands now, Japan is only going to shoot it down if it goes up, then comes down into Japans territory. In this situation, i dont think theres much of a chance of it coming down, since the idea is to launch it into orbit. Im not sure if it has any sort of external boosters though, and if it does, those COULD possibly fall back down towards Japan after they are spent and ejected, in which case they WILL shoot those down.

This would be the first military action of Japan since World War 2. Hum. Interesting.

Japan can only shoot it down because of US technology. Something in me tells me that either N. Korea will launch this without any shoot down or they won't launch it all. The world is in no shape to be getting into wars right about now.

i think n korea will do it...every since not being name in the axis of evil..they have been trying to upgrade...it is a heartless administration in nkorea that allows their own people to starve...dont expect them to consider the risk to the world

i think n korea will do it...every since not being name in the axis of evil..they have been trying to upgrade...it is a heartless administration in nkorea that allows their own people to starve...dont expect them to consider the risk to the world

They know if they do this, they'll lose China's support. That's like us losing England's support.

They have distributed the trajectory for the rocket to the world (how nice) and it goes right over Japan. Japan is saying they would only fire if it looks like either the rocket or debris from the rocket looks like it's going to strike any part of their country. I don't think they should let them fire over their country at all. No one else fires rockets over other countries and they shouldn't either. Japan should lay down the law and let them know if it comes their way it will be shot down. End of story.

They have distributed the trajectory for the rocket to the world (how nice) and it goes right over Japan. Japan is saying they would only fire if it looks like either the rocket or debris from the rocket looks like it's going to strike any part of their country. I don't think they should let them fire over their country at all. No one else fires rockets over other countries and they shouldn't either. Japan should lay down the law and let them know if it comes their way it will be shot down. End of story.

I absolutely agree. Japan SHOULD shoot any missle down that even comes NEAR their territory. Fuck N. Korea.

The whole purpose for this launch is for N. korea to show they now have long ranged missles, so i think its a perfect opportunity for the US and Japan to show them that it doesnt matter how long of range they have, because its a simple thing to just shoot their inferior Korean technology out of the sky.

Last edited:
North Korea is going to get away with this one. The US nor Japan will do anything about it. The missile parts will fall to the East and West of Japan. We'll yell and scream and sanction North Korea, but a shit lotta good that's done before.

North Korea has explicitly said that if we shoot down its missile - it's an act of war. Japan does not want to go to war and the US can't afford to. So, what are we going to do? Nothing.

North Korea is going to get away with this one. The US nor Japan will do anything about it. The missile parts will fall to the East and West of Japan. We'll yell and scream and sanction North Korea, but a shit lotta good that's done before.

North Korea has explicitly said that if we shoot down its missile - it's an act of war. Japan does not want to go to war and the US can't afford to. So, what are we going to do? Nothing.

Can Japan take on N Korea on its own? My guess is no, but I don't know for sure.

Can Japan take on N Korea on its own? My guess is no, but I don't know for sure.

The Japanese are pacifists now. After the bomb dropped on them during World War 2 - they got scared shitless. They have a small, technologically up-to-date military and there have been murmurs about them increasing the size of their military in the past few years or so, but nothing really has been done about that.

They have a quarter of a million personell, 1/4 of N. Korea's military. The spirit of the Japanese people, though is much greater than N. Korea's. Their people are happy and well off, financially while N. Korean people starve to death.

I wouldn't doubt that there are some beef ups in other areas with North Korea's recent flare up that are kept off the record. If something happened to Japan though, the US would intervene. Remember, our ground forces are stretched thin. Our Navy is fine and is the greatest Navy in the world. We could shoot down that missile if we chose to, but I doubt we will.

It's not a matter of whether Japan can take on N. Korea, they probably could, but anyone taking on N. Korea would have to sacrifice S. Korea. N. Korea has such a huge arsenal of short range missles and mortars aimed at S. Korea they could nearly flatten the place and the distance is so short there isn't any way you could respond even if there were enough interceptors to take them on, which there isn't.

Forum List

Back