Nobody Likes Bill O'Reilly

Anyone notice ... Bill O wants the children taken away from that nutcase welfare leech as well.

that would sure help grandma out.

Possibly. While I don't like many of his opinions and ideas, at least he has a brain and uses it more than many other entertainers. Thing is, if he wasn't raking i ratings he wouldn't be on Fox, because what Fox cares about is ratings and nothing else.

I finnally got the damned link to play.

Oliely is at it again. NOW he is anti corporate?

what a load of shit.

It was the Gramm Leach Bliely act 1999 that tied the hands of the SEC as well as the Bush admins "hands off" approach to regulating any industry on his watch that caused this.

Oliely is a completet bafoon.

He's correct, but all we'll hear is " he's a right wing blow hard, blah blah blah " .........

He's almost always right, but when he starts yelling and gets angry I mute him. For those of us who only want information from our own side, this is enough to just call him a "blow hard" and summarily dismiss him.

:disagree:

Wrong. FAUX Noise doesn't really like telling the truth........

What, with Rupert Murdoch himself stating that FAUX Noise "doesn't concern itself with facts".

It's also reflected in their stellar anchors with blowhards like O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and Hard on Geraldo, master of the ambush softball interview, as evidenced when he did it with Blow Job Bitch (Blagojavich).

Once again baseless blather from the left..and no substance.

Anyone notice ... Bill O wants the children taken away from that nutcase welfare leech as well.

Possibly. While I don't like many of his opinions and ideas, at least he has a brain and uses it more than many other entertainers. Thing is, if he wasn't raking i ratings he wouldn't be on Fox, because what Fox cares about is ratings and nothing else.

and you know this because who??? said so??? NBC? :lol::lol:

I finnally got the damned link to play.

Oliely is at it again. NOW he is anti corporate?

what a load of shit.

It was the Gramm Leach Bliely act 1999 that tied the hands of the SEC as well as the Bush admins "hands off" approach to regulating any industry on his watch that caused this.

Oliely is a completet bafoon.

Another lie. Again. One which has been proved a lie repeatedly.

Bush admin did not have a "hands off" approach to industry regulation, and BEGGED Congress repeatedly for more regulation for the last 3 years.

Nice try, though.

Specify which part please ... otherwise it's just a baseless stab.

Start with "Thing is......."

That's just business. Media stations only care about ratings, otherwise they lose money and fail, ultimately vanishing. They show what gets ratings to sell commercial space, even cable now with the exception of premium stations who still sell commercial space (thus why I don't get cable). Also on cable if the station doesn't get high enough ratings the providers cut them out and replace them with other stations (thus why the selection varies by location). Facts have not been a part of news for a long time, it's almost all opinion and stories blown out of proportion. The sad thing is that people swallow the stories as fact.

The latest plane accident is actually the perfect example. They aired "special reports" when it happened all the way over here in Seattle ... no one died, no one was even hurt, the whole situation was not only ideal but common. They needed a boost in ratings since they no longer had the election coverage so they tried ... and hopefully failed so they won't waste the air space on it again.

That's just business. Media stations only care about ratings, otherwise they lose money and fail, ultimately vanishing. They show what gets ratings to sell commercial space, even cable now with the exception of premium stations who still sell commercial space (thus why I don't get cable). Also on cable if the station doesn't get high enough ratings the providers cut them out and replace them with other stations (thus why the selection varies by location). Facts have not been a part of news for a long time, it's almost all opinion and stories blown out of proportion. The sad thing is that people swallow the stories as fact.

The latest plane accident is actually the perfect example. They aired "special reports" when it happened all the way over here in Seattle ... no one died, no one was even hurt, the whole situation was not only ideal but common. They needed a boost in ratings since they no longer had the election coverage so they tried ... and hopefully failed so they won't waste the air space on it again.

so it woud have been less disengenous and more accurate to say CableTV News seek ratings instead of pinpointing Fox and sounding partisan

so it woud have been less disengenous and more accurate to say CableTV News seek ratings instead of pinpointing Fox and sounding partisan

Meh, yes but Fox was the topic of discussion. I say this about all media all the time, of course it seems you may have just now started reading my whole posts on here. I don't trust media to tell the truth, never have never will. I look it up when I have time instead and hope I can find a non-partisan source or at least one that has nothing to gain either way.

Foix is owned by Rupert Murdock who makes no bones about his political agenda.

Yesterday the read their position on the stimulus package that was a paper handed out by the RNC. It even contained the same mispelling.

O'Reilly is an opportunist like most of the folks in todays media. He talks about morality and christ in christmas and then makes obscene phone calls to one of his staff. He said he would fight it to the end and the settled out of court almost immedietley.

He is too full of himself. He does well, however, on the Worst Person in World Award on Keith's show.:lol:

Yesterday the read their position on the stimulus package that was a paper handed out by the RNC. It even contained the same mispelling.

O'Reilly is an opportunist like most of the folks in todays media. He talks about morality and christ in christmas and then makes obscene phone calls to one of his staff. He said he would fight it to the end and the settled out of court almost immedietley.

He is too full of himself. He does well, however, on the Worst Person in World Award on Keith's show.:lol:

Do you really think they'd be able to sell commercial space at the prices they do if no one watched it? It's all about ratings, what they air. There have been many times when the rightwingnuts have said that Fox is too liberal.

yeah, thats why he was supporting Hillary Clinton

That sounds a lot like Pogo.:eek:
they sure as hell are NOT all conservatives
and Bill O isnt a conservative either

Naw, Bill is a conservative, he's jut one with a brain. Not all conservatives are wingnuts.
wrong, he is a populist, his positions will change with the way he believes more people will go
thus he is not a conservative

you are right that not all conservatives are wingnuts
just as not all liberals are moonbats

Forum List

Back