Nobody Knows

If you really believed that God doesn't exist... why would you waste your time trying to prove a negative?

I'm unsure that God exists. I'm not convinced He doesn't exist and I'm not convinced He does exist. I just don't know.

I don't believe pondering the existence of God is a waste of time.

Nobody knows whether or not there is a "God". People have yet to come back from the dead to report findings either. It's all philosophy.

So because you don't know something, no one else does? Seems like a pretty arrogant position to be taken.

God is there. I know that from personal experience. He loves you too.

It's amazing how God has made it clear that He will reveal Himself to those who have faith and He does, yet there are so many people who never test it. They just declare him unknowable.

"If any you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given unto him" (James 1:5).

"Ask, and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be given unto you" (Matthew 7:7).

"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." (John 7:17)

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 16:17)

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 7:3)

We cannot be recieve Eternal Life without knowing God. We cannot be saved in ignorance. How can we know a Master we do not serve? The best way to serve God is by serving others.

Study the doctrine. Experiment on the Word and Ask God and He will reveal Himself to you. And once you learn that, your whole world will change.

Arrogance? Interesting word.
All of us, as human beings, have the same five senses (w/some exceptions). There really is nothing beyond those senses AND the incredible power of our brains (much of which we don't yet understand).
What personal experience would prove God exists?
Unless someone saw him, physically felt him, actually heard Him speak, what's to say it was nothing more than the tremendous power of our own brains?
And who exactly are the people who wrote the Bible? It was written a long long time ago and our communication today is nothing like it was back then.
Any other book would never be readily accepted by the masses without checking the credentials of the author.

Asking God for specific things by praying seems odd to me. I thought people of faith believe God is all knowing. Certainly he already knows your situation, so why would someone ask Him for help or to help a loved one? Doesn't he already know what's going on?

This mystifies me also: An individual who is born severely mentally impaired and will never have the mental capacity beyond a 2-month old baby. This person won't have the mental ability to grasp the concept of God. So this person won't be accepted into eternal salvation?

I don't think Man is pathetic. Life is messy and complicated and people do nasty things to varying degrees, at different times in their lives, but people are also full of goodness and love. It's just that the nastiness of Man is so glaring it seems like Man is mostly "bad".

Newspapers and media only put the dirty stuff on the front page and the TV news is so negative, I rarely watch it. Notice we never hear of 90% EMPLOYMENT rate...only 10% UNEMPLOYMENT rate, for example.

The good stuff is muffled and the bad stuff is put on the pedestal.

I need to question everything. I don't believe anything without compelling reasons to believe it.
I think it's good to question every aspect of religion and God. Questioning is just inquiring and studying. I would think religion would welcome questions and maybe some do, but seems like most get annoyed when questioned.

You aren't being overly harsh. Course, I'm pretty thick skinned and I'd rather people talk freely without censoring and with honesty.

Thinking that there is no power or intelligence higher than that of pathetic man is the absurdity of absurdities.

Man looks at himself in the mirror and sees himself for what he really is and tells himself that he is in deep shit. So... rather than asking God to save him from his body of death... he stupidly tells himself there is no God.

"The fool saith in his heart, there is no God."

~Mark

P. S: No project in history has consumed more time, energy and money than man's desperate effort to prove that his own creator and judge does not exist.

If you really believed that God doesn't exist... why would you waste your time trying to prove a negative?

And there is nothing more foolish than the arrogance of declaring , 'because I believe it to be so, those who don't are fools'.

And there is nothing more foolish than the arrogance of declaring , 'because I believe it to be so, those who don't are fools'.

I don't think the billions of people who have faith/belief in God are fools. I simply don't understand why so many completely and thoroughly believe in God based strictly on faith. I am very curious about this. It really does mystify me.

I am very secure and confident enough to stand alone in my thoughts regardless of how outnumbered I am or how adverse it is. My mind questions everything by default. It's how my brain is wired. I can't say I believe in something completely if I'm questioning it.

I've always thought people of faith (Christians, for example) felt the Bible was physical "proof" (for lack of better words) of the existence of God. Not the book itself, but the scriptures in it which were written by people during Christ's life (I could be way off here w/my timelines, if so, pardon me).

Concept of God is so huge that it makes me feel nutty if I think about it for too long. Just like thinking about deep space and the concept of eternity. Makes me crazy to think about it.

I've always thought people of faith (Christians, for example) felt the Bible was physical "proof" (for lack of better words) of the existence of God. Not the book itself, but the scriptures in it which were written by people during Christ's life (I could be way off here w/my timelines, if so, pardon me).

If you have faith, the anecdotal stories in the bible and the historical proofs that have been uncovered that lend credence to the stories, is more than enough proof.

If you don't, then it's not.

Either way, thats a personal journey, and no individual on this earth can force you down the path.

Forum List

Back