Nobody Knows

SueBee

Rookie
Oct 13, 2010
Nobody knows whether or not there is a "God". People have yet to come back from the dead to report findings either. It's all philosophy.

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Okay, Seebee, I understand that but can you elaborate on your point please?

Meant to say this when I saw your postings in the thread on abortion and rape, but just didn't feel like getting into that discussion at the moment... Welcome to USMB.

Immie

Thank you for the "welcome". I normally don't chime in on abortion because it's such a volatile, passionate issue. Anyway...

What I mean by believing there is a "God".... our religion and our personal beliefs about existence of a God is a philosophy. There is no tangible proof of a God and the religion we identify with or practice is our spiritual philosophy. There are so many different religions and all the different religions couldn't all be correct. Maybe we are all totally wrong. Maybe there's no God. Maybe there is. We just don't know. Religion is a theory-our spiritual philosophy. Sure, we can have faith that there is a God, but we don't know. Maybe we aren't supposed to know. Maybe we (humans) simply need a belief in a higher power to keep from going crazy since life can be pretty rough and we need it for comfort.

I'm just saying it all boils down to: no one actually KNOWS anything.

Nobody knows whether or not there is a "God". People have yet to come back from the dead to report findings either. It's all philosophy.

Agreed. It to bad you have to be dead to find out if you were right or wrong.

The concept that all we have is right here during the time we are alive, breathing, and walking the Earth, and that everything about us ceases to exist after our death can be a depressing, dismal thought. Especially when a loved one dies. To think that's it, no more, can be too sad to deal with.

I know. Seems like a God who was looking over us during life, would give us better signs for us during our lives to let us know that He does, in fact, exist, instead of letting us figure it all out for ourselves, which hasn't been a tremendous success so far.

The concept that all we have is right here during the time we are alive, breathing, and walking the Earth, and that everything about us ceases to exist after our death can be a depressing, dismal thought. Especially when a loved one dies. To think that's it, no more, can be too sad to deal with.

Only if you fear death.

I know. Seems like a God who was looking over us during life, would give us better signs for us during our lives to let us know that He does, in fact, exist, instead of letting us figure it all out for ourselves, which hasn't been a tremendous success so far.

It depends if you believe in god.

That's true. But that's rough for people who find it difficult to believe in a concept as huge as God when there's no tangible proof. It's like blind faith.

If God is a loving God, then why would there be such ugliness, like a child being murdered or long, painful agonizing deaths? Doesn't seem loving at all.

I'd like to believe in God, but I just don't feel like I do. I'm won't claim to believe in God until or unless I feel it or believe in His existence 100% and I have way too many doubts because I just don't feel convinced. But I also realize I could be wrong because I simply do not know.

That's true. But that's rough for people who find it difficult to believe in a concept as huge as God when there's no tangible proof. It's like blind faith.

If God is a loving God, then why would there be such ugliness, like a child being murdered or long, painful agonizing deaths? Doesn't seem loving at all.

It IS all about BLIND faith. Why do you think people go crazy when you challenge some people on a subject like this?

Your answer is simple then and you have answered it for yourself, he is not a "loving" god.

I'd like to believe in God, but I just don't feel like I do. I'm won't claim to believe in God until or unless I feel it or believe in His existence 100% and I have way too many doubts because I just don't feel convinced. But I also realize I could be wrong because I simply do not know.

There is nothing wrong with not believing in any god.

Thinking that there is no power or intelligence higher than that of pathetic man is the absurdity of absurdities.

Man looks at himself in the mirror and sees himself for what he really is and tells himself that he is in deep shit. So... rather than asking God to save him from his body of death... he stupidly tells himself there is no God.

"The fool saith in his heart, there is no God."

~Mark

P. S: No project in history has consumed more time, energy and money than man's desperate effort to prove that his own creator and judge does not exist.

If you really believed that God doesn't exist... why would you waste your time trying to prove a negative?

Thinking that there is no power or intelligence higher than that of pathetic man is the absurdity of absurdities.

Man looks at himself in the mirror and sees himself for what he really is and tells himself that he is in deep shit. So... rather than asking God to save him from his body of death... he stupidly tells himself there is no God.

~Mark

P. S: No project in history has consumed more time, energy and money than man's desperate effort to prove that his own creator and judge does not exist.

If you really believed that God doesn't exist... why would you waste your time trying to prove a negative?

There is not prof of either, negative or positive. There is only opinion.

So because you don't know something, no one else does? Seems like a pretty arrogant position to be taken.

God is there. I know that from personal experience. He loves you too.

It's amazing how God has made it clear that He will reveal Himself to those who have faith and He does, yet there are so many people who never test it. They just declare him unknowable.

"If any you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given unto him" (James 1:5).

"Ask, and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be given unto you" (Matthew 7:7).

"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." (John 7:17)

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 16:17)

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 7:3)

We cannot be recieve Eternal Life without knowing God. We cannot be saved in ignorance. How can we know a Master we do not serve? The best way to serve God is by serving others.

Study the doctrine. Experiment on the Word and Ask God and He will reveal Himself to you. And once you learn that, your whole world will change.

He does. That's why we have the Holy Spirit to teach us all things.

~Mark

Arrogance keeps us from God. Be humble and invite people to learn the truth instead of telling them they are stupid.

If you esteem someone to be wrong, dont bear them down, lift them up.

BTW I hope I am not being overly harsh. I just want to encourage people to come and know God for themselves. Because you can know God.

I just dont necessarily have the best ability to articulate myself.

Forum List

Back