Nobody is perfect?

I have a good understanding of religion and belief.

Apparently not.

I don't have to be insane to understand insanity, it's causes or it's cures.

How do you know you understand insanity if you are not insane? Is it faith in what you have been told?

You study, observe, learn and experiment till you find a way to break the insanity and help someone cope in the real world with the rest of society in a positive functional way.

You think you have to have cancer to find a cure for it or prevent it?

Perfection would mean the end of evolution. There would be nothing beyond that. The universe is not perfect so why should you presume humans can ever be?

If god created us with flaws, how can he expect perfection from us?

If the universe has limits then there is no true infinity. We might try for the perfection but as long as limits exist there will never be anything close to perfection.

We were not perfect when we first stood on two legs and if mankind still exists in a million years we will not have reach perfection then either.

As long as we have needs and desires; a long we strive to be better; as long we have feel love and pain; as long we have have birth and death we cannot be perfect no matter how hard we try. No god should expect us to be perfect. We are not gods.

Let's imagine that I have created a religion that only has one rule. That rule is, "Never murder human beings".

Could you be perfect in that regard? Most people could maintain that level of perfection for life.

cain killed abel and married his sister.............where is the perfection? We kill for food, we killed for shelter, we kill for our existence. We might not kill other humans but we kill other life so that we can live. How can it be perfect to not kill?
We foul the land, water and air by our very existence.
Life can come to an end even without our actions. We didn't kill the dinosaurs but we are killing the planet by using the fuel they created. Mass extinctions are a natural part of our planet's history. Out side forces and disease, even childbirth kills. How can we ever reach a point where we don't kill?
That one rule set us up for failure. We kill to live but to kill condemns us to eternal suffering? Where is there any perfection it that?
How can you live life without harming someone or something that is living? Even building wall or tearing down mountains creates change that can harm life.

Perfection would mean the end of evolution. There would be nothing beyond that. The universe is not perfect so why should you presume humans can ever be?

If the universe has limits then there is no true infinity. We might try for the perfection but as long as limits exist there will never be anything close to perfection.

We were not perfect when we first stood on two legs and if mankind still exists in a million years we will not have reach perfection then either.

As long as we have needs and desires; a long we strive to be better; as long we have feel love and pain; as long we have have birth and death we cannot be perfect no matter how hard we try. No god should expect us to be perfect. We are not gods.

Let's imagine that I have created a religion that only has one rule. That rule is, "Never murder human beings".

Could you be perfect in that regard? Most people could maintain that level of perfection for life.

cain killed abel and married his sister.............where is the perfection? We kill for food, we killed for shelter, we kill for our existence. We might not kill other humans but we kill other life so that we can live. How can it be perfect to not kill?
Life can come to an end even without our actions. We didn't kill the dinosaurs but we are killing the planet by using the fuel they created. Mass extinctions are a natural part of our planet's history. Out side forces and disease, even childbirth kills. How can we ever reach a point where we don't kill?
That one rule set us up for failure. We kill to live but to kill condemns us to eternal suffering? Where is there any perfection it that?
How can you live life without harming someone or something that is living? Even building wall or tearing down mountains creates change that can harm life.

You need to go sit at the kiddie table.

You need to go sit at the kiddie table.

You're still there?

You can be perfect at spelling your name if you do it right every single time. I am doing a poor job explaining this. You guys are talking about a perfect Christian or a perfect Jew.

Can you be perfect at tying your shoes? Can you be perfect at dialing your phone number? Can you be perfect at balancing your checkbook? If you believe you can't be perfect in general then this alters your attitude about your ability to master something. Perfection can be achieved as long as the standard is low enough.

Apparently not.

How do you know you understand insanity if you are not insane? Is it faith in what you have been told?

You study, observe, learn and experiment till you find a way to break the insanity and help someone cope in the real world with the rest of society in a positive functional way.

That doesnt mean you understand it. That just means you found what you think may be a cure, or more accurately, something to cover the symptoms.

No but you do need to have cancer to understand it.

Accidents, anger, madness, illness............ no, not possible. We don't know if someone has a deadly allergy to things we like. We will always have accidents. Emotions of jealousy and anger are part of us and our competitive drive to improve ourselves.

Apparently not.

That doesnt mean you understand it. That just means you found what you think may be a cure, or more accurately, something to cover the symptoms.

No but you do need to have cancer to understand it.

Someone needs to have it and others need to study it in an attempt to save their life or those of other who will get it. You have to want to care for and cure that/those people. It has to touch you in some way to motivate you.

HIV in monkeys for hundreds or thousands of years did not make mankind seek a cure, but when it was in major cities in the west and friends and relatives were dying from it, a rush to investigate and find a treatment or cure became imperative.

The closer it hits to home the more we care.

God of the bible is not perfect.

humans are not supposed to be perfect, no life form is.

Nobody is perfect. You have probably heard this statement a lot. This is probably true but is it a beneficial thing to believe?

I learned to spell my name when I was a kid. I bet if I was asked to spell it 1,000 times that I could spell it perfectly every time. This makes me perfect.

As a child I learned multiplication tables. I bet if I was asked to multiple 3x8 1,000 times that I could come up with the correct answer every time. This makes me perfect.

My question is this: Can this level of perfection be applied to more complex tasks if a level of mastery is achieved? Can an accountant file 1,000 tax returns accurately every single time? Can a secretary file all 1,000 documents into the correct file every single time? Can a mail man deliver every letter exactly where it is supposed to go without error every single day?

Is it a worthwhile endeavor to even try? Is it emotionally harmful to attempt to achieve perfection in a work situation? Is it economically lazy to give up on the possibility of doing your job 100% perfect? Is it detrimental to productivity to try to be perfect because perfection requires a minimum amount of output. If nothing is done, no mistakes are made. Thus less work leads to more perfection. More work would lead to less perfection.

If we can be perfect with simple task, why can't we be perfect with more complex tasks? Doesn't anybody understand where I am going with this thought?
Nobody can be perfect depending on the scope of the perfection. While you can be perfect at spelling your name, or multiplying 1x1 a million times, that does not necessarily translate to perfection beyond the time frame in which those examples occurred nor does it translate to perfection in the broader sense of being without flaw.

"nobody is perfect" is said in a general sense. Not with one specific incident. OP doesn't think much..

Forum List

Back