Nobody could have fixed the economy in 4 years.....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
President Clinton in his speech last night stated that although he inherited a bad economy from Bush Sr., the economy that Obama received from Bush Jr. was much worse, and that no president, not him, nor any of his predecessors could have fixed the economy in only 4 years.

Maybe Obama's new slogan should be "saved in 4, fixed by 8".

Only Repubs pretend to believe it could've been fixed in 4 years but they also pretend to believe that Obama was going to heal the world sooooo...yeah

President Clinton in his speech last night stated that although he inherited a bad economy from Bush Sr., the economy that Obama received from Bush Jr. was much worse, and that no president, not him, nor any of his predecessors could have fixed the economy in only 4 years.

Reagan fixed it in under three years, cumswallower.

More like two (2).

It could not have been fixed in four years. What success Obama had was with ZERO help from cons.

the "one" stands for one term....his own words.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRAMdUNo2Cg]Obama One Term Proposition: "I Will Be Held Accountable" - YouTube[/ame]

Not only did he NOT fix it, he made it SIX trillion dollars worse. No MORE YEARS.

I could live with not fixed, but not with the lack of progress. Not Good Enough. That's why I want a change.

Considering the stock market has doubled, housing markets are no longer in free fall and are starting to come back, as well as the manufacturing jobs attracted back to this country, I'd have to say that while it's not as fast as it could be (but that's because the Congressional GOP keeps throwing up roadblocks), it's still improving.

Shit.............even Mittens himself has said that things are getting better.

More like two (2).

ABS washes it down with Kool-Aid.................

It could not have been fixed in four years. What success Obama had was with ZERO help from cons.

That's his fault too. Clinton figured out how to work with Republicans, obama ignored them.

Yeah..................right.........................even when McConnell came out shortly after Obama was sworn in and said it was the job of the GOP to make him a one term president?

How about the fact that Boehner and the House GOP haven't even touched a jobs bill, instead choosing to worry about even more abortion legislation and going after gay rights?

I could live with not fixed, but not with the lack of progress. Not Good Enough. That's why I want a change.

Considering the stock market has doubled, housing markets are no longer in free fall and are starting to come back, as well as the manufacturing jobs attracted back to this country, I'd have to say that while it's not as fast as it could be (but that's because the Congressional GOP keeps throwing up roadblocks), it's still improving.

Shit.............even Mittens himself has said that things are getting better.

So things are not as bad as it was in Jan 2009. BFD. Not Good Enough.

Last edited:

That's his fault too. Clinton figured out how to work with Republicans, obama ignored them.

Yeah..................right.........................even when McConnell came out shortly after Obama was sworn in and said it was the job of the GOP to make him a one term president?

How about the fact that Boehner and the House GOP haven't even touched a jobs bill, instead choosing to worry about even more abortion legislation and going after gay rights?

Your side will never learn to work with Republicans because of your obsessive desire to demonize them. You can't piss down our backs and call it rain.

Only Repubs pretend to believe it could've been fixed in 4 years but they also pretend to believe that Obama was going to heal the world sooooo...yeah

I don't pretend that it could have been fixed. I know it could have been fixed. Do you think that the economy is some mysterious bubble that will do what it's gonna do? Applied sound economic principles yield results. Ask Taiwan and Hong Kong if that's true. They are tiny islands that went from third world countries to global powerhouses in less than a generation.

Not with never before seen skimming, war profiteering, and tax cuts for ALIENS Bush pushed while al Qeda readies its attack on the US. NOBODY COULD correct the Bush disasters in fours years. I wrote, an said it then; my belief was correct. No President that inherited the Bush WRECKAGE could be expected to wipe of the refuse this early.

HOWEVER, has Obama done as much as could have been done to clean up the mess? I thought no, pre PRyan. Now, the future is more important; this nation is too great to allow offal like PRyan to be VP.

More like two (2).

Yep. If Obama was serious about fixing the economy, he would pursue policies more like Reagan instead of compounding Carter.

More like two (2).

Yep. If Obama was serious about fixing the economy, he would pursue policies more like Reagan instead of compounding Carter.

You mean, raising taxes 11 times like Reagan did?

Only Repubs pretend to believe it could've been fixed in 4 years

That is a classic liberal comment. The only one who said it could was Obama. The Republicans did not believe that. And the only reason they're pissed is because he made it worse.

Forum List

Back