“Noble People of Afghanistan”

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "ASADABAD, Afghanistan — Shakila, 8 at the time, was drifting off to sleep when a group of men carrying AK-47s barged in through the door. She recalls that they complained, as they dragged her off into the darkness, about how their family had been dishonored and about how they had not been paid.

2. ...abducted along with her cousin as part of a traditional Afghan form of justice known as “baad,” was the payment....the taking of girls as payment for misdeeds committed by their elders still appears to be flourishing.

3. The reaction of the girl’s father to the abduction also illustrates the difficulty in trying to change such a deeply rooted cultural practice: he expressed fury that she was abducted because, he said, he had already promised her in marriage to someone else.

4. “They put us in a dark room with stone walls; it was dirty and they kept beating us with sticks ....baad is pervasive in rural southern and eastern Afghanistan, areas that are heavily Pashtun, according to human rights workers, women’s advocates and aid experts. Baad involves giving away a young woman, often a child, into slavery and forced marriage.

5. For the entire year or so that they were kept, neither girl was given a fresh set of clothes. For the first six months they were not even allowed to wash the ones they arrived in,..."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/w...ized-for-elders-crimes.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

And, a related story...

6. "Kabul, Afghanistan (21 Feb.) -- General John R. Allen, commander of the International Security Assistance Force, today issued the following statement:

To the noble people of Afghanistan –

7. I offer my sincere apologies for any offense this may have caused, to the President of Afghanistan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, and most importantly, to the noble people of Afghanistan."
General Allen, Commander ISAF issued the following statement: | ISAF - International Security Assistance Force

I wouldn't go as far as to the call the people of Afghanistan "noble".

She's being sarcastic. Yet completely overlooks that Afghanistan is the result of the intervention of countries much more "advanced" then itself.

You know, "White man's burden".

Good job boys.

:clap2:

I'm sickened when I hear these politician-generals.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7nyYMB27g&feature=related]Nato General apologises profusely for alleged Koran desecrations - YouTube[/ame]

She's being sarcastic. Yet completely overlooks that Afghanistan is the result of the intervention of countries much more "advanced" then itself.

Good job boys.

Help me to understand...are you a "Blame America Firster" or simply another apologist for horrid behavior?

Moral relativism will do that to ya'.....

I got my first indication of how noble these folks were when I read Phyllis Chesler's "Death of Feminism."

Dr. Chesler married an Aghani upper class American-educated man, but as soon as they got back to Afghanistan, she was put in purdah.

Bet you know what purdah is....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7nyYMB27g&feature=related]Nato General apologises profusely for alleged Koran desecrations - YouTube[/ame]

Well its protocol for the Generals to apologize this has created a huge shit storm in Afghanistan, this had made life harder than it has to be for all our troops over there. I wouldn't have called those fools "noble" though.

I got my first indication of how noble these folks were when I read Phyllis Chesler's "Death of Feminism."

Dr. Chesler married an Aghani upper class American-educated man, but as soon as they got back to Afghanistan, she was put in purdah.

Yup.

1-woman-in-purdah-carl-purcell.jpg

Yup.

Shit!!! It makes me want to change my vacation plans. :eusa_drool: My Favorite Holiday falls on October 31st. It's like that everyday there?

Why are we still there, again???

Last edited:

Yup.

Shit!!! It makes me want to change my vacation plans. :eusa_drool: My Favorite Holiday falls on October 31st. It's like that everyday there?

As far as I know its to train the Afghan security forces and Military to take our places, although those bastards shoot at us as well.

I have no idea why we are still there. The country will never progress beyond what it is. Unlike other nations, the middle east has never developed that "yearning to be free".

As far as I know its to train the Afghan security forces and Military to take our places, although those bastards shoot at us as well.

Take One Of These and call me in the morning. :lol: :):):)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9a4W2FZnpc&feature=related]Count Five - Psychotic Reaction - YouTube[/ame]
Count Five - Psychotic Reaction

Most people in Afghanistan are living in mud huts with no elecriticity and running water, cannot read or write, and spend most of their days reciting Quranic verses and fucking goats, I say we let them have at it.

He's doing damage control. It's for the mission. You wouldn't understand.

Good job boys.

Help me to understand...are you a "Blame America Firster" or simply another apologist for horrid behavior?

Ah..so..you would accept occupation by a foreign power in this country?

I wouldn't.

Yeah know...maybe they just don't want to be like us.

Really?

1. “In most countries in the world your fate and your identity are handed to you; in America, you determine them for yourself. America is a country where you get to writh the script of your own life. Your life is like a blank sheet of paper, and you are the artist. This notion of being the architect of your own destiny is the incredibly powerful idea that is behind the worldwide appeal of America.” Dinesh D’Souza, born in India.

2. In “Escaping Submission,” Egyptian-born Nonie Darwish writes:
“I now belong to the greatest and most moral country that ever existed on the earth. The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights [practiced in] this graceful country allowed me to practice any religion or no religion and gave me human rights I could only [have] dreamed of under Islam. I am lucky and more than lucky, I am saved. I was never discriminated against even after 9/11.”

3. I lived for about a decade, on and off, in France and later moved to the United States. Nobody in their right mind would give up the manifold sensual, aesthetic and gastronomic pleasures offered by French savoir-vivre for the unrelenting battlefield of American ambition were it not for one thing: possibility.
You know possibility when you breathe it. For an immigrant, it lies in the ease of American identity and the boundlessness of American horizons after the narrower confines of European nationhood and the stifling attentions of the European nanny state, which has often made it more attractive not to work than to work. High French unemployment was never much of a mystery.
Roger Cohen: One France is enough - The New York Times

4. Even Karl Marx accepted the image of America as a land of boundless opportunity, citing this as an explanation for the lack of class consciousness in the U.S. "The position of wage laborer," he wrote in 1865, "is for a very large part of the American people but a probational state, which they are sure to leave within a longer or shorter term."

Read more: As rich-poor gap widens in U.S., class mobility stalls

Good job boys.

Ah..so..you would accept occupation by a foreign power in this country?

I wouldn't.

That moral equivalence is peeking through, Larry.

I can see it through your burqa....
...peek-a-boo!

He's doing damage control. It's for the mission. You wouldn't understand.

I didn't say I didn't understand....I said it was sickening.
Too nuanced for you?

The taliban that obama wants to cuddle in "peace" talks is urging the afghans to kill all the foreigners.

World News - Taliban to Afghans: Kill foreigners over Quran burnings

KABUL, Afghanistan -- The Taliban urged Afghans Thursday to target foreign military bases and kill Westerners in retaliation for burnings of copies of the Quran at NATO's main base in the country as a third day of violent protests began.

Thousands of demonstrators gathered across the country, some chanting "Death to America!", Reuters witnesses and officials said. In eastern Kabul, hundreds of youths threw rocks at police, who fired shots into the air to try disperse the crowds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Our brave people must target the military bases of invader forces, their military convoys and their invader bases," read an emailed Taliban statement released by the insurgency's spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid. "They have to kill them (Westerners), beat them and capture them to give them a lesson to never dare desecrate the holy Quran again."

We need a Nationwide Koran bonfire that continues until THEY learn to behave themselves.

Forum List

Back