Nobel Peace Prize, Does it really matter?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I don't really get the outrage over the whole Nobel Prize thing.

I've been itching all day long to make a smart post about it but in all honesty I dont see how it really matters one way or another.

I mean they gave Arafat, Carter, and Al-Gore peace prizes....to me the nobel peace prize is a hollow accomplishment that has lost any and all siginifigance it once had.

What irks me is that he got it for making promises that he may or may not keep.

Since thats the way the world now works, I promise to cook for the elderly, shelter the homeless, help addicts get clean, clean up all grafitti I see, adopt every abandoned ani***, and pull kittys out of trees.

I'm sure that I will now receive some Outstanding Citizens award, cause thats how it works now, right?

I don't really get the outrage over the whole Nobel Prize thing.

I've been itching all day long to make a smart post about it but in all honesty I dont see how it really matters one way or another.

I mean they gave Arafat, Carter, and Al-Gore peace prizes....to me the nobel peace prize is a hollow accomplishment that has lost any and all siginifigance it once had.

I'm coming around to that conclusion myself.

I just really dont get why the right is so fired up over it, and considering i'm not really a fan of obama this concerns me.

What am I missing that is making people so darn angry? Are people upset because he won a prize? Or is it something else like the Nobel comitte is rubber stamping his policies or something?

I may just be easily annoyed with stupidity today...hell i freaked out on the big boss man (gunny) over our imprudent child member.

There's a fuss? No, really I've only just logged on, the local news media is reporting it (morning here) but there's no reporting of opposition to it. I must find out a little more.

I just really dont get why the right is so fired up over it, and considering i'm not really a fan of obama this concerns me.

What am I missing that is making people so darn angry? Are people upset because he won a prize? Or is it something else like the Nobel comitte is rubber stamping his policies or something?

I may just be easily annoyed with stupidity today...hell i freaked out on the big boss man (gunny) over our imprudent child member.

Well according to one Republican blogger, he won it because he was black. It's part racism by a few people, part partisan stupidity by others, and plain just complaining about anything Obama by the rest.

Forum List

Back