Nobel Committee Asked to Strip Obama's Peace Prize

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS

By Noel Sheppard | March 22, 2011 | 10:09

As "Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace prize winners combined" was posted all over the internet at various social networking sites Monday, the President of Bolivia along with a Russian political leader launched a campaign to get this dubious honor stripped from Barack Obama in the wake of his attack on Libya.

As Digital Journal reported:
Obama%20Nobel.jpg
Liberal Democratic Party of Russia leader and Vice-Chairman of the State Duma Vladimir Zhirinovsky released a statement today calling for the Nobel Prize Committee to take back the honour bestowed on US President Barack Obama in 2009.
Zhirinovsky said the attacks were "another outrageous act of aggression by NATO forces and, in particular, the United States," and that the attacks demonstrated a "colonial policy" with "one goal: to establish control over Libyan oil and the Libyan regime." He said the prize was now hypocritical as a result.
Bolivian President Evo Morales echoed the call: "How is it possible that a Nobel Peace Prize winner leads a gang to attack and invade? This is not a defence of human rights or self-determination."

I would add:

What business does the Nobel Comittee have awarding something to someone that hadn't DONE anything of NOTE to earn it...

Will he give it back? And the Monetary prize?

*I DOUBT IT*

Ah..so we've gone from far right winger, to far right liberatarian, to what..a far right citizen of the world?

Since when did you give a fuck about the Nobel Prize?

Oh wait..it must be ODS..

Vladimir Zhirinovsky??? LOLOL. He's the Russian equivalent of the John Birch society :eusa_eh: :clap2:

You never fail to impress w/ your right-wing, kool-aid drinking, inspired threads. :lol:

Considering they gave it to him for, well, NOTHING!!! The Nobel Peace Prize is no longer a prize. It's lost it's credibility. No one will care any more who gets it.

Oh good they finally get the guts, how about cutting these other warmongers off the list as well. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Carter (2002)
Yasser Arafat (1994)
Shimon Peres (1994)
Yitzhak Rabin (1994)
Menachem Begin (1978)
Muhammad Anwar Al Sadat (1978)
Henry A. Kissinger (1973)
Woodrow Wilson (1919)
Theodore Roosevelt (1907)

You can find more warmongers as well as total scumbags here: http://www.nobelprizes.com/nobel/peace/

Use wikipedia on the some of the names there, are they deserving of their prizes? :lol:

Last edited:

By Noel Sheppard | March 22, 2011 | 10:09

As "Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace prize winners combined" was posted all over the internet at various social networking sites Monday, the President of Bolivia along with a Russian political leader launched a campaign to get this dubious honor stripped from Barack Obama in the wake of his attack on Libya.

As Digital Journal reported:
Obama%20Nobel.jpg
Liberal Democratic Party of Russia leader and Vice-Chairman of the State Duma Vladimir Zhirinovsky released a statement today calling for the Nobel Prize Committee to take back the honour bestowed on US President Barack Obama in 2009.
Zhirinovsky said the attacks were "another outrageous act of aggression by NATO forces and, in particular, the United States," and that the attacks demonstrated a "colonial policy" with "one goal: to establish control over Libyan oil and the Libyan regime." He said the prize was now hypocritical as a result.
Bolivian President Evo Morales echoed the call: "How is it possible that a Nobel Peace Prize winner leads a gang to attack and invade? This is not a defence of human rights or self-determination."

I would add:

What business does the Nobel Comittee have awarding something to someone that hadn't DONE anything of NOTE to earn it...

Will he give it back? And the Monetary prize?

*I DOUBT IT*

He can ask all he wants, doesn't mean anyone agrees with him. I think I'll ask that Cheney/Bush be brought up on war crimes charges...

Seems right to me.

Oh good they finally get the guts, how about cutting these other warmongers off the list as well. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Carter (2002)
Yasser Arafat (1994)
Shimon Peres (1994)
Yitzhak Rabin (1994)
Menachem Begin (1978)
Woodrow Wilson (1919)

You can find more warmongers as well as total scumbags here: Winners of the Nobel Peace Prize

Use wikipedia on the some of the names there, are they deserving of their prizes? :lol:

Jimmy Carter was not a war monger. There was not a war during his presidency. He got his award for all his humanitarian work since, which he continues to this day.

Jimmy Carter (2002)
Yasser Arafat (1994)
Shimon Peres (1994)
Yitzhak Rabin (1994)
Menachem Begin (1978)
Woodrow Wilson (1919)

You can find more warmongers as well as total scumbags here: Winners of the Nobel Peace Prize

Jimmy Carter was not a war monger. There was not a war during his presidency. He got his award for all his humanitarian work since, which he continues to this day.

It depends on your defininition of "Peace." For far to many people peace is defined as the lack of conflict. True peace, however, is the resolution of conflict. For many of our recent recipients they have gotten their prize not for the resolution of a given conflict, but for basically a lull in the fighting over said conflict. True Clauswitzian resolution requires the conditions for the start of the conflict to be completely resolved, anything else is simply a break in the fighting.

Didn't Obama get it for the peace he was going to bring ? He was just getting his ass kissed nothing more. It proves that the Nobel Prize is just another piece of metal and some cash, to be handed out to the latest greatest rock star.

Barack Obama deserved his Peace Prize and will certainly be considered one of the most prestigious recipients

Barack Obama deserved his Peace Prize and will certainly be considered one of the most prestigious recipients

This is satire, right?

Far from it...

The Nobel Committee considers racism to be an impediment to world peace. Through its history, the US was considered a bastion of government endorsed racism. The election of a black man in the most powerful position on earth was a pivotal point in our racial history and the Nobel Committee acknowledged it

Much like Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela

This is satire, right?

Far from it...

The Nobel Committee considers racism to be an impediment to world peace. Through its history, the US was considered a bastion of government endorsed racism. The election of a black man in the most powerful position on earth was a pivotal point in our racial history and the Nobel Committee acknowledged it

If thats the case, shouldn't it be the people who elected him be the recipients of the Nobel?

This is satire, right?

Far from it...

If thats the case, shouldn't it be the people who elected him be the recipients of the Nobel?

You should be proud of your contribution

Far from it...

Why would I be proud of something I wrote on a messageboard, it's not like I cured cancer. This is just a way to kill time between classes... Still the question does bare repeating, why did Obama deserve the Nobel? Because of his skin tone?

Why would I be proud of something I wrote on a messageboard, it's not like I cured cancer. This is just a way to kill time between classes... Still the question does bare repeating, why did Obama deserve the Nobel? Because of his skin tone?

You don't believe that skin tone is a significant issue in US History?

A black man getting elected President is not a trivial historical matter. When Obama was born, a great number of states would have seen his father lynched for marrying a white woman. His rise to the Presidency was historic

Getting elected president is no trivial matter especially when you have a name like Barack Hussein Obama.

A black man getting elected President is not a trivial historical matter. When Obama was born, a great number of states would have seen his father lynched for marrying a white woman. His rise to the Presidency was historic

Getting elected president is no trivial matter especially when you have a name like Barack Hussein Obama.

Certainly but do I think that alone warrents a peace prize? No. Again, he was elected because color blind Americans put him in office.

Very true, but why him? Thurgood Marshall broke the mold becoming the first African American to become a SC judge during the time when Obama's parents, as you stated, may have been hung.

Getting elected president is no trivial matter especially when you have a name like Barack Hussein Obama
Again, true. And I'm proud to have seen it happen in my lifetime.

Forum List

Back