Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJyrrgUvFI]YouTube - Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections[/ame]

"Many of those who Obama chose for his economic team shouldn't have been getting appointments, they should be getting subpoenas"

"His choices are like selecting Osama Bin Laden to run the war on terror"

"By now Jews in the US are the most privileged and influential part of the population... Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem, fortunately. Its raised, but its raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control."

With Obama, Israel and less than 2% of the American population. is now in full control of the American government.

YouTube - Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections

"Many of those who Obama chose for his economic team shouldn't have been getting appointments, they should be getting subpoenas"

"By now Jews in the US are the most privileged and influential part of the population... Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem, fortunately. Its raised, but its raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control."

With Obama, Israel and less than 2% of the American population. is now in full control of the American government.

Did you vote for the obamalama? Is this a complaint? or just a newsflash?

Did you vote for the obamalama? Is this a complaint? or just a newsflash?

Irrespective of kindergarten thought (obamalama) .. I did not vote for Obama .. for the 1,000th time.

I also was not dumb enough to vote for McCain either .. although divided government serves Americans best.

I love the smell of Noam Chomsky in the morning.

I reminds me of the smell of ......reality.

I don't really know anyone who thought Obama walked on leftist waters, but no doubt many people expected a more left-leaning cabinet.

I didn't.

Joe (let's fuck up the bankruptsy laws) Biden was all the evidence that I needed that Obama was not going to be much more than a so called "moderate" Dem. (which is basically a Republican lite brand)

But in this case, given the economic meltdown we're facing, a moderate Dem might be just enough to keep the system from completely melting down.

I love the smell of Noam Chomsky in the morning.

I reminds me of the smell of ......reality.

I don't really know anyone who thought Obama walked on leftist waters, but no doubt many people expected a more left-leaning cabinet.

I didn't.

Joe (let's fuck up the bankruptsy laws) Biden was all the evidence that I needed that Obama was not going to be much more than a so called "moderate" Dem. (which is basically a Republican lite brand)

But in this case, given the economic meltdown we're facing, a moderate Dem might be just enough to keep the system from completely melting down.

Obama is a right of center neoliberal .. always has been.

Whether a right of center neoliberal who has hired wolves to guard the chickens can be successful is yet to be seen .. but I wouldn't count on it.

When exactly did this 'neo' come into play, seeing as the left has been into Empire since FDR.

FDR was indeed into empire, but he wasn't a liberal

The Democratic Party is not liberal

There are distinct differences between liberal and neoliberal, just as there are between conservative and neoconservative.

Bush is not a conservative, he is neoliberal.

One cannot be a right of center liberal.

You didn't answer my question, when did this 'neo' kick in exactly.

The term has been around since 1938, but became a movement in the US in the 70's .. and neolib activists gathered around The New Republic and the Washington Monthly which still professes neoliberal thinking to this day..

you're such a hypocrite, complain about racism all day long, and then make a racist statement

I gave Jillian crap yesterday for making the odd claim that Jimmy Carter was anti-semitic, but you clearly are

YouTube - Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections

and other than chomsky having opinions on everything, why does this matter? (Other than the fact that anti-Israel types love him, of course).

you're such a hypocrite, complain about racism all day long, and then make a racist statement

I gave Jillian crap yesterday for making the odd claim that Jimmy Carter was anti-semitic, but you clearly are

Note to the ill-informed .. I don't give a rat's ass what you think.

How the fuck is saying that jewish influence is over-represented in American politics racist?

Isn't that the same thing that Chomsky, A JEW, said.

And, best stick to the misnomer of "anti-semitic" .. there is no race called "Jewish." It's a religion.

and other than chomsky having opinions on everything, why does this matter? (Other than the fact that anti-Israel types love him, of course).

It matters because there is great respect for Chomsky globally .. even if not from you or Israeli apologists.

I know .. he's "self-hating" :eek:

If you are like me, but you don't agree with me, then you must be "self-hating."

I know how the song goes.

It matters because there is great respect for Chomsky globally .. even if not from you or Israeli apologists.

I know .. he's "self-hating" :eek:

If you are like me, but you don't agree with me, then you must be "self-hating."

I know how the song goes.

Ah... my friend, you know better than to put words in my mouth.

I just think Chomsky is an idealist without an ounce of realism. That isn't evil. It's just ill-advised when dealing with people who want one dead.

Ah... my friend, you know better than to put words in my mouth.

I just think Chomsky is an idealist without an ounce of realism. That isn't evil. It's just ill-advised when dealing with people who want one dead.

:eusa_angel:

Can't blame a brother for trying.

I like Chomsky a lot, always have .. and I agree that he's an idealist, but everyone who challenges Israeli control and influence in American government does not want to see Jews dead. I certainly don't, and I believe/hope you know I'm sincere.

I would have the exact same questions if there was like <any nation> influence on our government and if <any group of people> had such overrepresentation in our government.

I believe the Israeli people are as hostage to their government as we are to ours.

Last edited:
:eusa_angel:

Can't blame a brother for trying.

I like Chomsky a lot, always have .. and I agree that he's an idealist, but everyone who challenges Israeli control and influence in American government does not want to see Jews dead. I certainly don't, and I believe/hope you know I'm sincere.

I would have the exact same questions if there was like <any nation> influence on our government and if <any group of people> had such overrepresentation in our government.

I believe the Israeli people are as hostage to their government as we are to ours.

Well, don't let it happen again. :eusa_whistle::cool:

I disagree with you about Israeli influence and control. If you read my link the other day, you'll see that I believe (as does our government's study on anti-semitism) that such comments are, in fact, are just replacements for traditional anti-semitism and no different from other long time slanders like "jews run everything", "jews have all the money" yadda, yadda....

I would disagree with you about us being "hostage" to them or vice versa. And one of the reasons I find claims that anti-Israel sentiment is not linked with anti-semitism to be disingenuous is because there are no complaints made about any other nation that was expanded because of defensive battle; and there are no complaints about the 11 or so Islamic countries that won't even let me past the airport, yet such outrage that a single Jewish state exists.

yet you felt the need to write a defensive response to what I said

get a life

I apologize for that comment .. ir was a knee-jerk response to you calling me a hypocrite.

However, I stand by everything else I said. I bear no ill feelings towards Jewish people .. many of whom I've held as role models throughout my life.

Forum List

Back