Noaa says July was hottest in 136 years!

BEST, and others, apparently consider irrigation etc as part of the UHI effect. I would be much happier if they calculated those effects separately so that they could be examined and verified rather than just putting everything in one poorly defined basket and saying "trust us, we're scientists". UHI is caused by water impervious surfaces and man-made heatsinks. Irrigation and the like are direct opposites. It is misleading to bundle them together.

BEST, and others, apparently consider irrigation etc as part of the UHI effect. I would be much happier if they calculated those effects separately so that they could be examined and verified rather than just putting everything in one poorly defined basket and saying "trust us, we're scientists". UHI is caused by water impervious surfaces and man-made heatsinks. Irrigation and the like are direct opposites. It is misleading to bundle them together.

Hey... Maybe all we need to do to combat Global Warming is to turn the sprinklers on !!!!!!

:thewave:

That's pretty petty.. Bet the guy that thunk that up got a boost to GS12.. If it doesn't affect a reporting station reading, that stuff ought not be "invented" and be subject to "expert interpretation".. I demand they add in all the rainy tropics that don't have reporting stations to measure the "irrigation adjustment..

Forum List

Back