NOAA/NCDC Commit Scienctic Fraud... Through Data Manipulation..

Here is the absorption coefficient vs wavelength for water. The green curve is water, the red curve is ice. The higher the value of the coefficient, the more rapidly the energy is absorbed during transmission. The Earth's IR radiation (that magical backradiation) covers 5-70 microns with a peak at about 12. It's not the best alignment in the world, but I guarantee you that with, on average, 12,000 feet of depth to do it with, IR WILL get absorbed by the ocean.
File Water infrared absorption coefficient large.gif - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Water_infrared_absorption_coefficient_large.gif

Here is the absorption coefficient vs wavelength for water. The green curve is water, the red curve is ice. The higher the value of the coefficient, the more rapidly the energy is absorbed during transmission. The Earth's IR radiation (that magical backradiation) covers 5-70 microns with a peak at about 12. It's not the best alignment in the world, but I guarantee you that with, on average, 12,000 feet of depth to do it with, IR WILL get absorbed by the ocean.
File Water infrared absorption coefficient large.gif - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is why you DO NOT TRUST WIKI... Pure water not sea water is the post. But the sea water has particulate matter and SALTS. Its surface tension is very different than pureifide water. Thus it reflects most IR above 6um within the first 3 microns... MY God man, do some fucking research. before you post crap.. Only down welling solar IR is absorbed to any depth.

Source

This is why you DO NOT TRUST WIKI... Pure water not sea water is the post. But the sea water has particulate matter and SALTS. Its surface tension is very different than pureifide water. Thus it reflects most IR above 6um within the first 3 microns... MY God man, do some fucking research. before you post crap.. Only down welling solar IR is absorbed to any depth.

Source

It does NOT reflect most IR. It ABSORBS most IR within the first 10 microns. The denier argument heretofore is the imaginative contention that it gets absorbed in such a thin layer that all its heat goes into evaporation and the increased water vapor in the atmosphere increased cloud formation which reflect the SW and thus IR hitting the ocean cools it. Unfortunately, that imaginative contention completely ignored mixing. Very, very little of the ocean's surface is calm. That surface layer is routinely mixed with deeper water. The IR warming moves downward and is absorbed.

Forum List

Back