NOAA Hottest Year on Record: 1997 62F

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-21%20at%203.19.31%20PM.png

We've been in a 2 decade pause since then

Haha, don't think so. I've got like 83 degrees here with tomatoes still coming. It's been a long long summer. I'm on my second round of vegetables. On the other hand two years ago I was running the wood stove on October fourth, and that doesn't run until it dips below at the most 30. This year? Still running fans and keeping all the windows open.

It's impossible to gauge a trend that takes centuries by looking at the last 19 years. That's absurd. But the contrast of extremes from year to year as I just laid out above does indicate something unnatural. Last year winter didn't arrive until like January.

But as long as we're here, why doncha edumacate me on the reasoning behind all this ----

---- what exactly is the point in making excuses for polluters? What do you get out of doing it? You think they're gonna pay you or sump'm?

Haha, don't think so. I've got like 83 degrees here with tomatoes still coming. It's been a long long summer. I'm on my second round of vegetables. On the other hand two years ago I was running the wood stove on October fourth, and that doesn't run until it dips below at the most 30. This year? Still running fans and keeping all the windows open.

It's impossible to gauge a trend that takes centuries by looking at the last 19 years. That's absurd. But the contrast of extremes from year to year as I just laid out above does indicate something unnatural. Last year winter didn't arrive until like January.

But as long as we're here, why doncha edumacate me on the reasoning behind all this ----

---- what exactly is the point in making excuses for polluters? What do you get out of doing it? You think they're gonna pay you or sump'm?

One small region is now global proof? ROFLMAO...

What Frank won't tell you (maybe because he's crazy? I really have no idea) is that the NOAA declared literally every year there has been since 1997 as being hotter than 1997.

It's impossible to gauge a trend that takes centuries by looking at the last 19 years. That's absurd.

Warmers do that all the time.
It is absurd.

---- what exactly is the point in making excuses for polluters?

CO2 isn't pollution.

What do you get out of doing it?

Fossil fuels are pretty fucking useful.
Can't run an advanced civilization with just windmills.

LIAR!
1997 does not even make it into the top 16.

CHART.png

Global Analysis - Annual 2015 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

With the contribution of such record warmth at year's end and with 10 months of the year record warm for their respective months, including the last 8 (January was second warmest for January and April was third warmest), the average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas for 2015 was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F)

The 2015 temperature also marks the largest margin by which an annual temperature record has been broken. Prior to this year, the largest margin occurred in 1998, when the annual temperature surpassed the record set in 1997 by 0.12°C (0.22°F). Incidentally, 1997 and 1998 were the last years in which a similarly strong El Niño was occurring. The annual temperature anomalies for 1997 and 1998 were 0.51°C (0.92°F) and 0.63°C (1.13°F), respectively, above the 20th century average, both well below the 2015 temperature departure.

What Frank won't tell you (maybe because he's crazy? I really have no idea) is that the NOAA declared literally every year there has been since 1997 as being hotter than 1997.
It's because he's convinced there's a world wide conspiracy to force him to buy climate scientists' lunches.

Quite a few years have been cooler then 1998

As more data is looked over and some new data(ship reports and personal measurements) comes in things do change slightly. That is why there's a error bar.

This is why we look generally at the long term trend to see the global warming. Sure, nino's like 1998 and 2016 area important as the climate system in the 1998 case released much more energy into the atmosphere and took a step in global avg temperatures and may do so again.

The thing is super nino's are such a "anomaly" above the means, we don't measure the warming from peak to peak but the scatterpoint trend of a time span.

Last edited:

That's cute. It was 60 degrees in Anaheim last night. There is snow about 400 feet above my house. Unusual? No. But then neither is anything that the AGW supporters claim either.

NOTHING.

LIAR!

CHART.png

Global Analysis - Annual 2015 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

With the contribution of such record warmth at year's end and with 10 months of the year record warm for their respective months, including the last 8 (January was second warmest for January and April was third warmest), the average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas for 2015 was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F)

The 2015 temperature also marks the largest margin by which an annual temperature record has been broken. Prior to this year, the largest margin occurred in 1998, when the annual temperature surpassed the record set in 1997 by 0.12°C (0.22°F). Incidentally, 1997 and 1998 were the last years in which a similarly strong El Niño was occurring. The annual temperature anomalies for 1997 and 1998 were 0.51°C (0.92°F) and 0.63°C (1.13°F), respectively, above the 20th century average, both well below the 2015 temperature departure.

LOL

drank Obama Kool Aid

The average is 56.9. Is 62F bigger or smaller than that and by how much.

LOL

LOL

Only after Obama made they alter the 1997 temperature of 62F

LOL

You sure that really happened, and it's not just the fever from your ebola talking?

LIAR!

CHART.png

LOL

drank Obama Kool Aid

LOL
Oh come on now, I nailed westwall on that same lie in another thread below that you also posted in, and he wasn't stupid enough to repeat it! I even have the same things highlighted that show that 2 different baselines were used in your lie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15281710/

LOL

Yeah, that's the ticket!

That's cute. It was 60 degrees in Anaheim last night. There is snow about 400 feet above my house. Unusual? No. But then neither is anything that the AGW supporters claim either.

NOTHING.
It was 90 degrees at the Jersey shore yesterday, the second 90 degree day this week, and that is unusual.

LIAR!

CHART.png

LOL

drank Obama Kool Aid

LOL
Oh come on now, I nailed westwall on that same lie in another thread below that you also posted in, and he wasn't stupid enough to repeat it! I even have the same things highlighted that show that 2 different baselines were used in your lie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15281710/

You drank the Kool-aid

How was the 62F arrived at, was it directly measured?

Forum List

Back