*NOAA Full Of Crap About 14 Hurricanes*

Sorry bout that,

1. Another two weeks pass and nothing hitting American shores.:clap2::clap2:
2. Crickets,.... .... .... .... .... .... ..... ..... .... .....:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

As noted, we are on N now in the named storms. And the forecast was for Atlantic Storms, not storms that hit the US. Seems that NOAA is by far a better forecaster than you are CWN.

You DO know that we are in the El Nino AND La Nina weather pattern since the end of last year & it will last through late summer or fall of this year. Remember the crazy snows in DC? These patterns can make for very unpredictable weather and storms. I certainly wouldn't discount the threat of hurricanes due to this alone.

The resurgence of El Niño means that 2010 could yet be the hottest year on record | UK news | The Observer

LOL..........a lefty posting up proof that global warmig is a HOAX!!:lol:

Cap and Trade; Dead or Alive
Submitted by Paul Johnson on Tue, 08/24/2010 - 18:17
in cap and trade
“I know that there are those who disagree with the overwhelming scientific evidence on climate change. But here's the thing -- even if you doubt the evidence, providing incentives for energy-efficiency and clean energy are the right thing to do for our future -– because the nation that leads the clean energy economy will be the nation that leads the global economy. And America must be that nation.” –Barak Obama; 2010 State of the Union.

One the most intriguing legislative agenda pieces for the Obama Administration has been Cap and Trade. The on and off again malignant bill has been repeatedly forced into remission by voter discontentment, Senate and House in-fighting and the botched and actual lack of “overwhelming scientific evidence.”

The administration persisted however. With each setback the Obama Administration pushed harder with more determination and vigor insisting the tax revenue was worth the farce surrounding the science of so called “man made global warming.”

In May a devastating blow was dealt to the Obama legislative efforts from the scientists; not the politicians. ICCC-4 was aptly entitled, “Reconsidering the Science and Economics.” The panel determining the cause and effect of “man made global warming” tucked their tails between their legs and conceded that the representations of the science were more myth than fact as they moved to step back; not forward.

Cap and Trade; Dead or Alive

Im laughing..........the k00ks are still on this statistical OCD thing with global warming..........as if it mattered!!!:lol::lol::lol: Might as well be conducting an exercise in group navel contemplation!!!:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

Sorry bout that,

1. Well, well,..look what the cat dragged in!
2. They admit they had a major screw up this year!
3. They say we almost got hit by Earl,..100 miles away from a hit, but it passed us by.
4. Its time I take over on these forcasts, ofcourse I need to get what they get!
5. Hmmm,..what is it they get anyways?
6. Well whatever, I want it, as long as its not a stick in the eye!!!:lol:
7. Link and sample:
Reuters AlertNet - INTERVIEW-U.S. gets off lightly in active hurricane season

"MIAMI, Oct 6 (Reuters) - The 2010 Atlantic hurricane season has been very active in the number of storms but is likely to go down as a non-event for most people in the United States, which has so far dodged a major landfall, the top official U.S. hurricane forecaster said on Tuesday.

Before the June 1-Nov. 30 season got under way, residents of hurricane danger zones were warned by many forecasters they faced a very high probability of a major hurricane making landfall along the U.S. coastline.

That has not happened and with the most active part of the season winding down in the next two weeks or so, the chances of a major impact on the U.S. mainland or on energy interests in the Gulf of Mexico are ebbing.

"If you just use (U.S.) landfall as a criteria and did not pay attention to the numbers, you'd think this was a really quiet year," U.S. National Hurricane Center director Bill Read told Reuters.

"A couple of relatively minor impacts and some flooding and that's what we'd have to show for it," he said.

Read said 2010 was still likely to go down in the record books as another in a string of exceptionally busy seasons, however. The United States had just been very lucky in not getting hit by a major hurricane.

Hurricane Earl, which became a Category 4 hurricane on the five-step Saffir-Simpson scale of storm intensity, came the closest by approaching to about 100 miles (160 km) off North Carolina and southern New England last month, Read said.

"That's a relatively narrow escape if you look at it from the global perspective," he said.

Read also noted that the 2010 Atlantic season had taken a high toll in flood and mudslide deaths in Central America and Mexico, meanwhile.

An average season produces about 10 storms, of which six become hurricanes. This year has seen 15 named storms so far, with Otto forming as a subtropical storm over the Western Atlantic on Wednesday, but posing no immediate threat to land.

U.S. oil and gas installations in the Gulf of Mexico have been virtually unscathed by this year's hurricane season, which posed an early threat to efforts to control and clean up oil spewing from the ruptured Gulf of Mexico well owned by BP Plc <BP.L> <BP.N>, which was the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Read said the eastern portion of the Gulf and the Caribbean, along with southern Florida, were not totally out of the woods yet, however.

With sea surface temperatures still very high, conditions for storm or hurricane formation, especially over the Caribbean, remain favorable, Read said.

Tropical cyclones draw energy from warm sea water.

Read expressed particular concern for impoverished and nearly treeless Haiti, saying it had just been "an amazing stroke of good fortune" that the earthquake-ravaged nation had not been hit by a major storm so far this year.

"They're so vulnerable, it wouldn't take much to cause a crisis," he said.

LANDFALLS TOUGH TO PREDICT

Though forecasters have cut their errors in predicting the track of a hurricane, Read said there were still problems in terms of their long-term "skill" in pointing to landfalls.

In June, for instance, leading U.S. forecasters at Colorado State University had said the chance a major hurricane would make a landfall on the U.S. coastline this year was 76 percent compared with the last-century average of 52 percent.

But Read said it was not surprising no major hurricanes had hit the U.S. coast directly, given global oceanic and atmospheric conditions.

"It's highly dependent on where they form and the steering currents at the time," Read said, when asked about the ability to predict landfalls.

"With the weather pattern that was in place and the fact that these (storms) formed so far out to the east, it's not surprising that they turned off to the north," he said.

"As soon as you find a weakness in the big high, the Bermuda-Azores high, you'll get that effect. That's why Igor and Danielle and Julia among others went straight north pretty much."

8. Let this be a lesson for you folks at the NOAA, never go against me on weather predictions!!!!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ever since al gore got his nobel for lying these pigs have been calling for worse and worse storms than ever before.

And they have yet to apologixe for the fear mongering for being SOOOO wrong.

Sorry bout that,

1. I finally shut these bastard up!
2. I have been ranting on them for years!
3. They admit they can't predict hurricanes!
4. I was better at it, and I'm no expert.
5. LINK:Hurricane experts admit they can

"
Two top U.S. hurricane forecasters, famous across Deep South hurricane country, are quitting the practice of making a seasonal forecast in December because it doesn't’t work.

Photographed by:
Noaa, Getty Images, Getty Images

OTTAWA — Two top U.S. hurricane forecasters, famous across Deep South hurricane country, are quitting the practice of making a seasonal forecast in December because it doesn't’t work.
"

6. Never doubt me, I'm nearly always right!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

They can't tell you which way a hurricane is headed when it is chruning across the Atlantic but they think they can predict the climate 30 years from now.

Forum List

Back