No White Kids Allowed?

How can you be sure that whites wouldn't be allowed to join?

When a club is called the African American whatever, do you think students of other races are encouraged to join?

The name of the club tells you that no other race is welcome.
Encouraged, probably not. But by law they'd have to let in people that were not African American.

So it's racism by design if not by policy. Same effect.

When a club is called the African American whatever, do you think students of other races are encouraged to join?

The name of the club tells you that no other race is welcome.
Encouraged, probably not. But by law they'd have to let in people that were not African American.

So it's racism by design if not by policy. Same effect.

I don't think this has anything to do with racism, I think it has everything to do with stupidity.

How about the Under Achieving Whites Lunch Bunch?

All I know is that many schools allow groups to form clubs around their own special interests.

Yeah, special interests, hobbies, subjects, of course! There should be a chess club and young scientists club and a friggin' mountain-biking club, but what does one's ETHNICITY have to do with any 'interests' or 'hobbies' or school subjects? These are two TOTALLY different things!
So a Swedish American club would be forbidden?

Swedish is not a race. there are Black Swedes in the world somewhere I'm sure.

How about the Under Achieving Whites Lunch Bunch?

All I know is that many schools allow groups to form clubs around their own special interests.

Yeah, special interests, hobbies, subjects, of course! There should be a chess club and young scientists club and a friggin' mountain-biking club, but what does one's ETHNICITY have to do with any 'interests' or 'hobbies' or school subjects? These are two TOTALLY different things!

All I can say is that if I were a principal at an elementary school, I would do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to make sure kids don't even fucking notice they're of a different skin color or that there are any other differences among them that don't have anything to do with their personal characteristics. Schools are supposed to be EDUCATIONAL institutions. It's all about learning, not about politicizing and SEGREGATING kids.

Once you create a club such as African American Whatever club, the kids will immediately think - hey, I'm different. I'm so different, in fact, that they created a special fucking club for me and the likes of me. And the fact that I'm - or we - are different has nothing to do with anything that actually matters, such as hobbies, preferences, characteristics, but EVERYTHING to do with the accident of birth.

Kapish?

Last edited:

I could understand different culture clubs. Like a Mexican (culture) club where kids can learn about the Mexican culture or a Swedish culture club where everyone would learn about Swedish culture - that is educational - and of course, anyone could join and learn if they wanted. I could see that being ok, even though I don't really see that as being that useful to the kids. Having Swedish culture days or Mexican culture days would be much better, imho.

Teachers just really have to realize what they're dealing with - children that are developing their understanding of the world around them. They have to realize how fragile and sensitive children are in this respect - the teachers have a great opportunity to create tolerant and color-blind generation and it's not going to be accomplished by some stupid African American Lunch Bunch bullshit.

And people wonder why racism continues? What message does this send to the students that were left behind? "If you have lousy grades you get to go on fun trips and if you work hard and get good grades you get stuck in class?"

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Ann Arbor elementary school bans white students from field trip, principal defends discrimination
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Remember a few years ago that the phrase "driving while black" was used often to excuse being pulled over for whatever traffic violation? Well, looks like now there is a more real racism - "learning while white." You don't get a ticket for being white. Instead, you lose your educational opportunity. From Ann Arbor.com (HT: Jennifer Gratz on FB): Field trip for black students sparks controversy at Ann Arbor elementary school
An Ann Arbor elementary school principal used a letter home to parents tonight to defend a field trip for black students as part of his school’s efforts to close the achievement gap between white and black students.

Dicken Elementary School Principal Mike Madison wrote the letter to parents following several days of controversy at the school after a field trip last week in which black students got to hear a rocket scientist.

theblogprof: Ann Arbor elementary school bans white students from field trip, principal defends discrimination

Very educational experience for the White Kids

Until you've been descriminated against by someone in authority it is difficult to understand why racial descrimination like that is so hurtful.

The White kids are better people for having been descriminated against.

Why, some of them might even make the connection and realize that all sorts of hurtful things they do to others is wrong.

Last edited:
And people wonder why racism continues? What message does this send to the students that were left behind? "If you have lousy grades you get to go on fun trips and if you work hard and get good grades you get stuck in class?"

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Ann Arbor elementary school bans white students from field trip, principal defends discrimination
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Remember a few years ago that the phrase "driving while black" was used often to excuse being pulled over for whatever traffic violation? Well, looks like now there is a more real racism - "learning while white." You don't get a ticket for being white. Instead, you lose your educational opportunity. From Ann Arbor.com (HT: Jennifer Gratz on FB): Field trip for black students sparks controversy at Ann Arbor elementary school
An Ann Arbor elementary school principal used a letter home to parents tonight to defend a field trip for black students as part of his school’s efforts to close the achievement gap between white and black students.

Dicken Elementary School Principal Mike Madison wrote the letter to parents following several days of controversy at the school after a field trip last week in which black students got to hear a rocket scientist.

theblogprof: Ann Arbor elementary school bans white students from field trip, principal defends discrimination

Very educational experience for the White Kids

Until you've been descriminated against by someone in authority it is difficult to understand why racial descrimination like that is so hurtful.

The White kids are better people for having been descriminated against.

Why, some of them might even make the connection and realize that all sorts of hurtful things they do to others is wrong.

So you just assume all these white kids are racists and deserve to be taught some sort of lesson?

True. African American isn't really a race, either. It's an ethnic group. I don't have a problem with people celebrating their ethnicity. I'd much rather see all groups allowed to do this than no groups allowed to do this.

All I can say is that if I were a principal at an elementary school, I would do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to make sure kids don't even fucking notice they're of a different skin color or that there are any other differences among them that don't have anything to do with their personal characteristics. Schools are supposed to be EDUCATIONAL institutions. It's all about learning, not about politicizing and SEGREGATING kids.

Once you create a club such as African American Whatever club, the kids will immediately think - hey, I'm different. I'm so different, in fact, that they created a special fucking club for me and the likes of me. And the fact that I'm - or we - are different has nothing to do with anything that actually matters, such as hobbies, preferences, characteristics, but EVERYTHING to do with the accident of birth.

Kapish?
If I'm understanding you properly, you believe ethnic heritage is something to be ashamed of.

It does sound wrong on the face of it.

When you read through the links you discover that it was a club that went to see the rocket scientist speak...a club called the African American Lunch Bunch.

The question that should be asked is do other clubs at the school go on field trips that exclude non-members? If so, then I don't see a real problem here.

Would an all white student club called the Caucasian Sandwich Club even be allowed to be formed?

No it wouldn't.

We have a black club, a Latino club and an Italian American club at my school. My brother runs the Asian club at his school (he's not Asian). We also have a - gasp - Bible Club. Its all good and everyone is welcome.

I could understand different culture clubs. Like a Mexican (culture) club where kids can learn about the Mexican culture or a Swedish culture club where everyone would learn about Swedish culture - that is educational - and of course, anyone could join and learn if they wanted. I could see that being ok, even though I don't really see that as being that useful to the kids. Having Swedish culture days or Mexican culture days would be much better, imho.

Teachers just really have to realize what they're dealing with - children that are developing their understanding of the world around them. They have to realize how fragile and sensitive children are in this respect - the teachers have a great opportunity to create tolerant and color-blind generation and it's not going to be accomplished by some stupid African American Lunch Bunch bullshit.
Ah...so here you go on to say that other culture based clubs are okay.

It just so happens that in this country part of the African American culture is that blacks do more poorly in school than any other ethnic group. But you want to deny them the right to do something about it.

That's what happens when white people sit around scared to death of being called racists and do nothing.

I'm sure all those White kids in a predominately White city like Ann Arbor really wanted to go listen to this man's story. Whatever.

The school should have invited all of them, it was handled wrong but this complaint is very petty. We're talking Michigan here, the militia state. The whiney babies.

:lol:

Because we are not black, we work!:lol:

You're also a bigot.

99.99999% of all human beings are bigots. Only a Seer of Forbidden Truth can remove the biases and prejudices of society in his or her mind.

----------------
For more information on My posts visit My website/blog TM8k

I see you're still plugging your website. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Good luck with that. I hope you fixed the crappy spelling - makes you look stupid.....

oh wait.... yea, I see.

'Would an all white student club called the Caucasian Sandwich Club even be allowed to be formed?'

Of course it would be - just don't call it the White Club cause then it will NOT be allowed.

Kapish?
If I'm understanding you properly, you believe ethnic heritage is something to be ashamed of.

Well, actually, you are not understanding me at all and what more - you are putting words in my mouth.

It just so happens that in this country part of the African American culture is that blacks do more poorly in school than any other ethnic group. But you want to deny them the right to do something about it.

Wow you're daft.

Last edited:

Wow you're daft.
Possibly. But at least I don't think being black is something to be ashamed of.

Wow you're daft.

WHERE did I say that being black is something to be ashamed of? Why do you make things up?

Wow you're daft.

WHERE did I say that being black is something to be ashamed of? Why do you make things up?
YOU are having a fit that black children are in a club to improve their lot in life. YOU think culture clubs are fine for other cultures.

Yes, you are basically stating that being black is shameful.

:thup:

Forum List

Back