No White Kids Allowed?

Time to skip past the rioting & destruction of property to sue the teacher, teachers union, & school for millions. Take the money & put the white kids in private school. Major achievement gap will be achieved.

The answer should have been easy.

All the kids denied the chance to listen to the scientist speak should have been kept out of school and a couple of the parents should have volunteered to take them to the lecture.

And on the way in said parents could all give a fuck you to that idiot principal.

This is wrong wrong wrong but I am going to play devils advocate and say this principal's motives were most likely benign, Schools are desperate to narrow the achievement gap and are grasping at straws at how to do so. That's why I support affirmative action - with all criteria being equal. We desperately need minority teachers. That's the single greatest factor in improving minority achievement in my opinion. The black teachers I know are good and strict and the kids listen to them.

Just my 2 cents.

This is wrong wrong wrong but I am going to play devils advocate and say this principal's motives were most likely benign, Schools are desperate to narrow the achievement gap and are grasping at straws at how to do so. That's why I support affirmative action - with all criteria being equal. We desperately need minority teachers. That's the single greatest factor in improving minority achievement in my opinion. The black teachers I know are good and strict and the kids listen to them.

Just my 2 cents.

Roads to hell and good intentions.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
And people wonder why racism continues? What message does this send to the students that were left behind? "If you have lousy grades you get to go on fun trips and if you work hard and get good grades you get stuck in class?"

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Ann Arbor elementary school bans white students from field trip, principal defends discrimination
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Remember a few years ago that the phrase "driving while black" was used often to excuse being pulled over for whatever traffic violation? Well, looks like now there is a more real racism - "learning while white." You don't get a ticket for being white. Instead, you lose your educational opportunity. From Ann Arbor.com (HT: Jennifer Gratz on FB): Field trip for black students sparks controversy at Ann Arbor elementary school
An Ann Arbor elementary school principal used a letter home to parents tonight to defend a field trip for black students as part of his school’s efforts to close the achievement gap between white and black students.

Dicken Elementary School Principal Mike Madison wrote the letter to parents following several days of controversy at the school after a field trip last week in which black students got to hear a rocket scientist.

theblogprof: Ann Arbor elementary school bans white students from field trip, principal defends discrimination

Oh, that is just fucked up.

Principal Madison should loose his job. What a fucking idiot.

The problem is, my dear American sisters and brothers, that you let IDIOTS such as Mr. Madison here, be in charge of teaching your kids.

It's about time for some serious education system reform in the US of A.

:eek:

Just my 2 cents.

Benign motives. Idiocy doesn't require a 'benign motive.' He's just a damn fool.

And I agree with you about minority teachers. Something really needs to happen to your public school system - it's embarrassingly bad.

It does sound wrong on the face of it.

When you read through the links you discover that it was a club that went to see the rocket scientist speak...a club called the African American Lunch Bunch.

The question that should be asked is do other clubs at the school go on field trips that exclude non-members? If so, then I don't see a real problem here.

When you read through the links you discover that it was a club that went to see the rocket scientist speak...a club called the African American Lunch Bunch.

The question that should be asked is do other clubs at the school go on field trips that exclude non-members? If so, then I don't see a real problem here.

Would an all white student club called the Caucasian Sandwich Club even be allowed to be formed?

No it wouldn't.

Interesting. I think the question should then be: Why the FUCK is there a club exclusively for African Americans? What exactly do they think is going to be accomplished by having an exclusively African American club? Does the school also have an Asian American Lunch Bunch of White American Lunch Bunch?

I'm sorry, but if you start 'segregating' children at school, what the FUCK do you expect of them later in life?

This is just too fucked up and it's really pissing me off.

Would an all white student club called the Caucasian Sandwich Club even be allowed to be formed?

No it wouldn't.

You have a point. However, I think that any club would be allowed as long as they allowed any kid to join.

No it wouldn't.
How about the Under Achieving Whites Lunch Bunch?

All I know is that many schools allow groups to form clubs around their own special interests.

No it wouldn't.

You have a point. However, I think that any club would be allowed as long as they allowed any kid to join.

No clubs such as these - that separate and categorize CHILDREN along racial/ethnic or financial lines - should be allowed in schools. These are CHILDREN we're talking about, not adults.

Fucking hell.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Interesting. I think the question should then be: Why the FUCK is there a club exclusively for African Americans? What exactly do they think is going to be accomplished by having an exclusively African American club? Does the school also have an Asian American Lunch Bunch of White American Lunch Bunch?

I'm sorry, but if you start 'segregating' children at school, what the FUCK do you expect of them later in life?

How can you be sure that whites wouldn't be allowed to join?

No it wouldn't.

All I know is that many schools allow groups to form clubs around their own special interests.

Yeah, special interests, hobbies, subjects, of course! There should be a chess club and young scientists club and a friggin' mountain-biking club, but what does one's ETHNICITY have to do with any 'interests' or 'hobbies' or school subjects? These are two TOTALLY different things!

When a club is called the African American whatever, do you think students of other races are encouraged to join?

The name of the club tells you that no other race is welcome.

When a club is called the African American whatever, do you think students of other races are encouraged to join?

The name of the club tells you that no other race is welcome.
Encouraged, probably not. But by law they'd have to let in people that were not African American.

You really don't see anything wrong with there being a club named "African American Lunch Bunch"?

Doesn't the name already imply that it's for "African Americans"?

It doesn't matter who can or can't join - of course - if white pupils were 'forbidden' from joining, that would be a court case right now, but just the fact that any pinheaded fuckface teacher creates a club that categorizes students by ethnicity is making me want to PUKE my fucking insides out!

No it wouldn't.

Yeah, special interests, hobbies, subjects, of course! There should be a chess club and young scientists club and a friggin' mountain-biking club, but what does one's ETHNICITY have to do with any 'interests' or 'hobbies' or school subjects? These are two TOTALLY different things!
So a Swedish American club would be forbidden?

Forum List

Back