No way to treat U.S. heroes!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The Senate has failed at many things during the lameduck session but few of their failures could be more shameful than its rejection of health care and compensation benefits to the tens of thousands of Americans who risked their lives to help others at ground zero on 9/11
The House passed a version of the 9/11 health bill back in September. Republican Senators blocked the Senate version saying they would not approve anything until the Bush Tax Cuts were extended for everyone and they expressed concern over the cost: $7.4 Billion.
The cost of extending the tax cuts to the wealthy: $70 Billion every year.
Fiscal conservatives? Fuck no. Callous conservatives and fucking hypocrites.

• Banned
The Bonus Army in the Summer of 1932 is one more example of the Callous Conservative roots of the modern Republcan Party. Those interested in history might want to look into Hoover's action against former Doughboys on a hot summers afternoon in July 1932.

The Senate has failed at many things during the lameduck session but few of their failures could be more shameful than its rejection of health care and compensation benefits to the tens of thousands of Americans who risked their lives to help others at ground zero on 9/11
The House passed a version of the 9/11 health bill back in September. Republican Senators blocked the Senate version saying they would not approve anything until the Bush Tax Cuts were extended for everyone and they expressed concern over the cost: $7.4 Billion.

Hey, Wry, I'm not sure, but perhaps one of these from Coulter corresponds to your OP....

1. Hollywood actors specialize in dramatizing their heroism in fighting fictional enemies. It is an article of faith in Hollywood, for example, that the all-powerful Ku Klux Klan is still running the state of Mississippi, requiring the film industry to respond with near-fatal doses of self-righteousness.
The attack of 9/11 was understandably disturbing to celebrities. It created an unpleasant sensation that there was something in the world more important than them and their sybaritic doings in New York nightclubs.
Being antiwar in Hollywood was an act of bravery on the order of the keynote speaker at a PLO awards dinner making jokes about Ariel Sharon.

2. Perhaps the Democrats could tell us which part of the war on terrorism they do support. That would be easier than rattling off the long list of counterterrorism measures they vehemently oppose.

3. According to a ‘Military Times’ survey taken in September 2004, active-duty military personnel preferred President Bush to John Kerry by about 73% to 18 %. Sixty % describe themselves as Republican, and less than 10% call themselves Democrat (the same 10% that MSNBC has on its speed dial.) Even among veterans, Republicans outnumber Democrats 46% to 22%.

a. If those of us who didn’t fight are wimps who don’t know the real truth of war, I say, fine. Let’s allow only combat veterans and active military members to vote. Everybody else shut up- including me and the vast majority of liberals. Kerry, Kerrey, Cleveland, Inouye, and Murtha- that’s it; they’ve got five votes.

4. When out troops came under a bloody attack in Somalia in 1993, President Clinton ordered a humiliating retreat- on the advice of John Murtha…And sure enough, perhaps just out of force of habit, Clinton pulled out before finishing.

5. I’m just so happy when you liberals become fiscal conservatives. You don’t mind when the government is spending money on photos of bullwhips up men’s asses…But the one thing we’ve got to watch out for is spending on the military. 5-5-04

6. In his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention, John Kerry proposed “investing” in Head Start, Early Start, Jump Start, Kick Start- and got a standing ovation. He mentioned the military and you could hear crickets in the convention hall.

7. For those keeping score at home, John Kerry has now called members of the U.S. military a) stupid, b) crazy, c) murderers, d) rapists, e) terrorizers of Iraqi women and children…Whatever Karl Rove is paying John Kerry to say stupid things, it’s worth every penny.

8. Complaining about some GOP-caused grievance: “put some ice on that,” as Juanita Broaddrick says Hillary’s husband did after raping her.

Wadda ya' think, any of 'em deal with the way Dems think about "... the tens of thousands of Americans who risked their lives to help others ..."?

The Bonus Army in the Summer of 1932 is one more example of the Callous Conservative roots of the modern Republcan Party. Those interested in history might want to look into Hoover's action against former Doughboys on a hot summers afternoon in July 1932.

While there, they can check out FDR's roundup of Japanese Americans.

• Banned

Hey, Wry, I'm not sure, but perhaps one of these from Coulter corresponds to your OP....

1. Hollywood actors specialize in dramatizing their heroism in fighting fictional enemies. It is an article of faith in Hollywood, for example, that the all-powerful Ku Klux Klan is still running the state of Mississippi, requiring the film industry to respond with near-fatal doses of self-righteousness.
The attack of 9/11 was understandably disturbing to celebrities. It created an unpleasant sensation that there was something in the world more important than them and their sybaritic doings in New York nightclubs.
Being antiwar in Hollywood was an act of bravery on the order of the keynote speaker at a PLO awards dinner making jokes about Ariel Sharon.

2. Perhaps the Democrats could tell us which part of the war on terrorism they do support. That would be easier than rattling off the long list of counterterrorism measures they vehemently oppose.

3. According to a ‘Military Times’ survey taken in September 2004, active-duty military personnel preferred President Bush to John Kerry by about 73% to 18 %. Sixty % describe themselves as Republican, and less than 10% call themselves Democrat (the same 10% that MSNBC has on its speed dial.) Even among veterans, Republicans outnumber Democrats 46% to 22%.

a. If those of us who didn’t fight are wimps who don’t know the real truth of war, I say, fine. Let’s allow only combat veterans and active military members to vote. Everybody else shut up- including me and the vast majority of liberals. Kerry, Kerrey, Cleveland, Inouye, and Murtha- that’s it; they’ve got five votes.

4. When out troops came under a bloody attack in Somalia in 1993, President Clinton ordered a humiliating retreat- on the advice of John Murtha…And sure enough, perhaps just out of force of habit, Clinton pulled out before finishing.

5. I’m just so happy when you liberals become fiscal conservatives. You don’t mind when the government is spending money on photos of bullwhips up men’s asses…But the one thing we’ve got to watch out for is spending on the military. 5-5-04

6. In his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention, John Kerry proposed “investing” in Head Start, Early Start, Jump Start, Kick Start- and got a standing ovation. He mentioned the military and you could hear crickets in the convention hall.

7. For those keeping score at home, John Kerry has now called members of the U.S. military a) stupid, b) crazy, c) murderers, d) rapists, e) terrorizers of Iraqi women and children…Whatever Karl Rove is paying John Kerry to say stupid things, it’s worth every penny.

8. Complaining about some GOP-caused grievance: “put some ice on that,” as Juanita Broaddrick says Hillary’s husband did after raping her.

Wadda ya' think, any of 'em deal with the way Dems think about "... the tens of thousands of Americans who risked their lives to help others ..."?

No. But nice try.

I was one of those who served in Somalia in 93'. If everyone knew what went on there Clinton would be a shit-sandwich politically, but they don't. All you saw was the result, not the what led up to that mess. It pisses me off to this day that I spent 7 months there getting shot at and didn't get one single dollar back from Congress for being in a hostile-fire zone, yet to this day Kuwait is still considered a tax-free zone. I guess because so few of us served there we don't get any consideration, i.e. awards, special T-shirts, all of the bennies that have gone to Desert Storm vets and Iraqi vets.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Liberals love the Military only when there is a Democrat President.

Gee, all Liberals love the military if and only if there is a Democratic President. Is that a fact MS? Please excuse the coffee spit on the screen, L'ingOL does that sometimes.

Both you and PC ignore the issue, build staw men and light matches. Which in effect provides evidence you and PC see the hypocrisy of McConnell but lack the integrity to take on the issue or admit to partisan hackery.

I simply point out the hypocrisy, when warranted on both sides of the aisle. To defend McConnell and his ilk is indefensible, even a partisan hack ought to admit such.

I was one of those who served in Somalia in 93'. If everyone knew what went on there Clinton would be a shit-sandwich politically, but they don't. All you saw was the result, not the what led up to that mess. It pisses me off to this day that I spent 7 months there getting shot at and didn't get one single dollar back from Congress for being in a hostile-fire zone, yet to this day Kuwait is still considered a tax-free zone. I guess because so few of us served there we don't get any consideration, i.e. awards, special T-shirts, all of the bennies that have gone to Desert Storm vets and Iraqi vets.

Thank you for your service to our great nation.

And I spent nearly two years floating around the Western Pacific on a DD conducting ASW patrols. BFD, that too has nothing to do with the abject hypocrisy of McConnell and the lockstep Republican Senate.

And I spent nearly two years floating around the Western Pacific on a DD conducting ASW patrols. BFD, that too has nothing to do with the abject hypocrisy of McConnell and the lockstep Republican Senate.

Pelosi and the Dems tried 47 times to cut all funding from out troops on the battlefield

NOW WAY? YOU SAID NOW WAY? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the senate has failed at many things during the lameduck session but few of their failures could be more shameful than its rejection of health care and compensation benefits to the tens of thousands of americans who risked their lives to help others at ground zero on 9/11
the house passed a version of the 9/11 health bill back in september. Republican senators blocked the senate version saying they would not approve anything until the bush tax cuts were extended for everyone and they expressed concern over the cost: $7.4 billion.
The cost of extending the tax cuts to the wealthy: $70 billion every year.

where has this particular set of talking points been for the last nine years.

Hey queer boy Bela Lugosi lover. Your mammy Nancy had super majorities for almost 2 years. Not the conservatives fault they squandered every opportunity to get anything accomplished. That bill will be passed in the new congress, till then shut yer suck.

Forum List

Back