No, Virginia, Free Speech Is Not Being Attacked

All I keep thinking is that every news program is going to turn into Hannity and Colmes

That made me spew chunks.:eek:

Wait, Colmes never got equal billing.:eusa_hand: He is a weak kneed version of Mr. Rogers without the charm.

What do you mean he never got equal billing? Based on the same, worn-out talking points and rhetoric he spewed, I could have sworn he posted here as raboyusmc.

Oh ... wait ...:eusa_whistle:

The part about lefty radio not making money has been proven wrong in multiple markets.

No... It hasn't. IF leftist radio COULD make money, it WOULD make money and IF it COULD MAKE MONEY... there'd be no reason for Leftists to be trying to FORCE LEFTIST RADIO UPON THE PRIVATE RADIO MARKET...

That Leftist Radio is not thoroughly DESTITUTE in some HIGHLY ISOLATED INNER-CITY MARKETS... is IRRELEVANT to the discussion and the over-riding and wholly indisputable FACT that Leftist Radio IS SOUNDLY REJECTED BY THE RADIO LISTENING MARKET, without regard to where it's tried.

Why do the liberals need or want radio anyway? They already control TV and get a heck of a lot more contact with the general public through TV than conservatives get on the radio. Why on God's green earth would they want to spend money so inefficiently on the radio when they have TV? Or is it not that they want to spend money on radio advertising, but they simply want to wipe out the conservative voice?

Immie

Personally so long as it's equally enforced, there's nothing wrong with it as a idea. I can see folks like NPR for example, really hating it.

The core objection to it is, for fair-minded people anyway, more government interference in the free marketplace.

I have to disagree here. I don't think the federal government should dictate to a private business what it can and cannot sell...
I merely said the same thing in a different way.

Fair minded folks' objection to the "Fairness" Doctrine is about objecting to more government interference in the free marketplace.

Further, partisans and ideologues object to it for partisan and ideologue reasons.

I guess I was focusing more on your first paragraph. Equally enforced or not, having government regulate free speech and private enterprise when it is not necessary is a BAD idea.

Immie

Forum List

Back