No veils in France

Wow, you are really ate up with this mask thing Syrenn. :lol:

Btw is a woman's makeup considered a mask??

LOL, no,you just seem not to understand the idea of semantics...or what a mask is. So ya get the dictionary! :lol:

You can still see (hopefully :lol:) what the face looks like under makeup, so no i would not consider that a mask.

No one has explained yet how a man telling women they cannot wear burkas is being any less oppressive than a man who tells them they must wear burkas.

No one has explained yet how a man telling women they cannot wear burkas is being any less oppressive than a man who tells them they must wear burkas.

The way i see it is if they want to wear them please feel free to move (or stay) to a country that wants women to wear them.

The way i see it is if they want to wear them please feel free to move (or stay) to a country that wants women to wear them.

:cuckoo:

Fashion police to the extreme!!!

I was not under the impression that they were wearing then for fashion reasons. Fashion has nothing to do with it.

Fashion police to the extreme!!!

I was not under the impression that they were wearing then for fashion reasons. Fashion has nothing to do with it.

Why should they even have to give a reason for wanting to wear them?

Apart from protecting us against the elements, clothing protects our modesty; not our identity. Western society has laws and conventions in place that protect us from tyranny, protects our freedom of speach etc... But nowhere does it state that it's socially acceptable to shield your identity in public. Only muslim women are exempt,on religious grounds, even though the Qur'an doesn't mandate the burka. It's not just inequality, it's misinformed inequality.

If it's traditionally and socially acceptable to scurry about like an unaccounted for ghost in the middle east and muslim countries, fine, do it there. In western society, you're expected to show your face in public.

Why should they even have to give a reason for wanting to wear them?

Apart from protecting us against the elements, clothing protects our modesty; not our identity. Western society has laws and conventions in place that protect us from tyranny, protects our freedom of speach etc... But nowhere does it state that it's socially acceptable to shield your identity in public. Only muslim women are exempt,on religious grounds, even though the Qur'an doesn't mandate the burka. It's not just inequality, it's misinformed inequality.

If it's traditionally and socially acceptable to scurry about like an unaccounted for ghost in the middle east and muslim countries, fine, do it there. In western society, you're expected to show your face in public.
I believe in person's right to privacy. I also believe in live and let live. And I don't believe social conventions and pressures to conform are a good enough reason to force people to expose parts of their bodies they do not wish to expose.

They are free to wear the entire cover up in private and during religious ceremonies but ALL citizens are required to show their face in public places. Boo hoo.

burqa.jpg

First you'll have to explain how "a man telling women they cannot wear burkas" is an accurate characterization of this law.

Forum List

Back