No Trick or Treat For Sex Offenders

GotZoom said:
And if it helps prevent just one child from being molested, then it was a success.

Of course! However, that'd be impossible to determine. To me, the decree stinks of political advancement strategy.

:(

Abbey Normal said:
It's called a deterrent. Police could never come close to catching everyone, regardless of the crime or policy, but they are making the offenders think twice. Also, just hearing about the policy may make parents more aware that these people are around, and perhaps be even more careful with their kids.

however deterrents never seem to work on capital punishment crimes...and if the parents are not carfeful before this proclomation then why would this change the equation...what the heck...they should just lock them up for the night! and every night afterwards...IMO

The ClayTaurus said:
Sometimes those lines actually have cameras watching them :(

Key word...sometimes.

You just never know.

That is why I drive a red car.

Everyone knows that red cars are faster.

archangel said:
however deterrents never seem to work on capital punishment crimes...and if the parents are not carfeful before this proclomation then why would this change the equation...what the heck...they should just lock them up for the night! and every night afterwards...IMO

No argument here. :beer:

dmp said:
Of course! However, that'd be impossible to determine. To me, the decree stinks of political advancement strategy.

:(

Oh hell yeah....

When election time comes, you know everyone in NJ will be reminded of this.

And how, on that night, countless numbers of children were saved from a terrible fate.

I like the idea - hate that it reeks of political posturing. But in the case of child molestation, it's ok.

GotZoom said:
Too funny..I just noticed that.

Bon Jovi has been out of the news so......

LOL not that Im complaining, but I live here and I am so uninterested and disgusted with what's oging on here, especially with the coming Governors election :(

Bonnie said:
LOL not that Im complaining, but I live here and I am so uninterested and disgusted with what's oging on here, especially with the coming Governors election :(

Bonnie, on the bright side, at least this time around you don't have Lautenberg!

Bonnie said:

You ALMOST sound like a Washingtonian...

Smart People from Washington said:
LOL not that Im complaining, but I live here and I am so uninterested and disgusted with what's oging on here, especially with the previous Governors election "results" :(

Abbey Normal said:
Bonnie, on the bright side, at least this time around you don't have Lautenberg!

Did I ever share the story of Lautenberg's son and I almost coming to fisticuffs????

dmp said:
Right - it's a feel-good policy, which will serve no practical purpose other than making sure the honest sex offenders remain honest.

Which is why tracking bracelets is probably a great way to enforce curfews and know exaclty where these offenders are at all times. I know it would be costly but I would honestly not mind my taxes going up a bit to fund that.

Abbey Normal said:
LBI. For our 16th anniversary. :dance:

Im guessing there is some significance to that area. It is a very romantic place go, although you may want to put ankle weights on it's been a bit breezy lately.. Probably best to keep it to indoor activities ;)

Abbey Normal said:
I haven't heard it. Tell!

Long story short, we were campaigning and our side caught his son and a few others ripping down our signs and putting theirs up, so I took some pictures of it, and words ensued and escalated, it wasn't pretty.

Bonnie said:
Im guessing there is some significance to that area. It is a very romantic place go, although you may want to put ankle weights on it's been a bit breezy lately.. Probably best to keep it to indoor activities ;)

I've been going there for a long time- started in college. I think it's the best place at "'da shore". And thank you for thinking I am so light I could blow away!

Isn't it sad that some people think NJ is all like the Turnpike?

Bonnie said:
Long story short, we were campaigning and our side caught his son and a few others ripping down our signs and putting theirs up, so I took some pictures of it, and words ensued and escalated, it wasn't pretty.

Lucky for him it didn't go that far.

I'm sure you would have kicked his ass.

Forum List

Back