No Treatment, No Cure... No Hope

The confirmation bias disorder from which Iceweasel suffers is also being studied.

Lou Gehrig, Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, Woody Guthrie... had diseases that might've been helped by Planned Parenthood.

Fetal Tissue Gives Hope for One of the Worst Diseases

Planned Parenthood is right to supply it.

By Mark Joseph Stern
July 31 2015

<snip>

There is currently no cure for ALS. There will be some day. And that cure may very well be derived from stem cells taken from aborted fetuses.

I can’t help but remember that fact when I watch the videos, taken by undercover anti-abortion activists, of Planned Parenthood technicians discussing how to preserve fetal tissue to be donated for research. The graphic images of aborted fetuses are meant to disgust me, to convince me that abortion is a barbaric act of killing. But I don’t see death in these videos. I see hope.

ALS kills people by causing their motor neurons to degenerate. These neurons go from the brain to the spinal cord, then travel from the spinal cord to muscles throughout the body. When they degenerate, you lose the ability to control voluntary muscle movement. Eating, talking, swallowing, breathing: All of these functions rely, to some extent, on healthy motor neurons. When you can no longer move a muscle, it atrophies. Eventually, your respiratory muscles can no longer contract, and you suffocate.

Stem cells hold terrific promise for the treatment—and, eventually, the defeat—of ALS. The most useful stem cells are found in fertilized embryos and fetuses, where they haven’t yet developed into specialized cells. (Scientists can also reprogram adult cells to act like embryonic stem cells, but these reprogrammed cells, while useful for research, have not been shown to be therapeutically safe.)

The first Food and Drug Administration–approved clinical trials to treat ALS with fetal stem cells are already underway. Any treatment derived from fetal tissue is many years away at best, but the early research has been a success. Stem cells injected into ALS patients’ spinal cords have survived for years and have caused few side effects. The cells seem to protect diseased motor neurons, stimulating their survival. With motor neurons restored to health, muscle atrophy slows or ceases. The experimental treatment slowed or reversed the progression of the disease in several patients in a small Phase I clinical trial.

<snip>

Based on your story, I take it you are out here stumping for PP.

So these embryonic stem cells that are so valuable for this research, how are they obtaining them from these 11.5 week old fetus's and others in that same range??

You really don't know much about cellular research do you??

It is right there in your article, you are just too stupid too realize the statement and the ramifications.
Killing babies and women might save the lives of rich people someday! Meanwhile, rich women can use the tissue as skin moisturizer, and we can sell the rest of the offal to Canada to burn for energy! Win/win!

[

Don't know exactly what you mean by "retard" but-----but cognitive disorders, you know the disease(s) that Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush suffer[ed] from, are just a couple of the diseases that Planned Parenthood's free fetal tissue is being used to look for a treatment and/or cure for. And-----and BTW...

...Planned Parenthood Isn't Selling Body Parts You Fucking Idiot ~
Rebecca Watson

Those aren't body parts Planned parenthood is selling??

So what are your semantics???

So is this embryonic stem cells or tissue specific stem cells that are being harvested / sold??

Planned Parenthood makes red staters think-----think about the failure of their politically driven abstinence only ideologically failed policy.
Lots of retard in such a few words. That's special. Abstinence is the only100% effective means of birth control, that doesn't mean no other birth control is to be taught or available. The right thinks selling baby parts is wrong, as is abortion for birth control, apparently you don't.

The fail is all yours.

Don't know exactly what you mean by "retard" but-----but cognitive disorders, you know the disease(s) that Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush suffer[ed] from, are just a couple of the diseases that Planned Parenthood's free fetal tissue is being used to look for a treatment and/or cure for. And-----and BTW...

...Planned Parenthood Isn't Selling Body Parts You Fucking Idiot ~
Rebecca Watson

"A Planned Parenthood executive admits in an undercover video that her doctors alter abortion procedures and she manipulates prices to accommodate specific fetal tissue harvesting requests -- including delivering fully intact fetuses -- though doing so may violate federal law."

Planned Parenthood official Abortion procedures prices altered to meet demand Fox News

"Planned Parenthood has denied breaking any laws and has said payments discussed in the videos relates to reimbursement costs for procuring the tissue -- which is legal.
"However, Farrell tells undercover investigators from the center multiple times that abortion doctors can change a procedure in order to procure intact specimens.
“And you know, when it matters, you know in the cases of when it’s mattered, you know, physicians also need an intact specimen, they can make it happen,” said Farrell, noting that some of the clinic’s doctors have research projects of their own for which they’re collecting specimens.
“So they do it in a way that they get the best specimens,” Farrell said. “So I know it can happen.”
"The video’s revelations stand in stark contrast to public statements made recently by top officials of the Planned Parenthood regional affiliate."

Planned Parenthood official Abortion procedures prices altered to meet demand Fox News

Lou Gehrig, Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, Woody Guthrie... had diseases that might've been helped by Planned Parenthood.

Fetal Tissue Gives Hope for One of the Worst Diseases

Planned Parenthood is right to supply it.

By Mark Joseph Stern
July 31 2015

<snip>

There is currently no cure for ALS. There will be some day. And that cure may very well be derived from stem cells taken from aborted fetuses.

I can’t help but remember that fact when I watch the videos, taken by undercover anti-abortion activists, of Planned Parenthood technicians discussing how to preserve fetal tissue to be donated for research. The graphic images of aborted fetuses are meant to disgust me, to convince me that abortion is a barbaric act of killing. But I don’t see death in these videos. I see hope.

ALS kills people by causing their motor neurons to degenerate. These neurons go from the brain to the spinal cord, then travel from the spinal cord to muscles throughout the body. When they degenerate, you lose the ability to control voluntary muscle movement. Eating, talking, swallowing, breathing: All of these functions rely, to some extent, on healthy motor neurons. When you can no longer move a muscle, it atrophies. Eventually, your respiratory muscles can no longer contract, and you suffocate.

Stem cells hold terrific promise for the treatment—and, eventually, the defeat—of ALS. The most useful stem cells are found in fertilized embryos and fetuses, where they haven’t yet developed into specialized cells. (Scientists can also reprogram adult cells to act like embryonic stem cells, but these reprogrammed cells, while useful for research, have not been shown to be therapeutically safe.)

The first Food and Drug Administration–approved clinical trials to treat ALS with fetal stem cells are already underway. Any treatment derived from fetal tissue is many years away at best, but the early research has been a success. Stem cells injected into ALS patients’ spinal cords have survived for years and have caused few side effects. The cells seem to protect diseased motor neurons, stimulating their survival. With motor neurons restored to health, muscle atrophy slows or ceases. The experimental treatment slowed or reversed the progression of the disease in several patients in a small Phase I clinical trial.

<snip>

That you would kill a human life to do research for a cure for some disease shows how demented, deranged and sick you people really are. It's appealing and despicable and the same as to what hitler's doctors were doing with their experiments on humans.

Forum List

Back