No Treatment, No Cure... No Hope

I remember when Democrats were normal folks and many of them opposed abortion. Over the decades, however, pro-lifers hav been drummed out of the party, or converted.

Now the Democrat party is the Party of Death.
If the GOP is the Party of Life then they sure have a nasty habit of killing people...

All the arguments for stem cell research are just as applicable as arguments for using human skin for lampshades.

Lampshades made from human skin - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Thanks for reminding me to bring up what the Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AFIRM) is doing for our wounded GI's.

Q: Can you share an example of how you are using stem cells to understand and treat these injuries?

A: Stem cells are used in almost every project under way at our institute. For example, in our work to develop new treatments for burns as part of AFIRM, we are evaluating the stem cells found in amniotic fluid and placenta (afterbirth) for enhanced wound healing. New treatments for burns are needed because the loss of the skin barrier results in fluid and heat loss and the risk of infection. Traditional treatments to surgically move healthy skin to the site of the wound won’t work for extensive burns. Other projects that use stem cells include the development of cell therapies to improve functional recovery after compartment syndrome, a condition associated with blast injuries that can cause tissue death and amputation. Stem cells are also used in our AFIRM-related work to 3D-print replacement bone, muscle, nerve and cartilage for reconstructive surgeries.

Another example of how Republicans -choose- to defund so many programs that would help our veterans.

Wait! I thought planned parenthood didn't provide abortions????

Lou Gehrig, Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, Woody Guthrie... had diseases that might've been helped by Planned Parenthood.

Fetal Tissue Gives Hope for One of the Worst Diseases

Planned Parenthood is right to supply it.

By Mark Joseph Stern
July 31 2015

<snip>

There is currently no cure for ALS. There will be some day. And that cure may very well be derived from stem cells taken from aborted fetuses.

I can’t help but remember that fact when I watch the videos, taken by undercover anti-abortion activists, of Planned Parenthood technicians discussing how to preserve fetal tissue to be donated for research. The graphic images of aborted fetuses are meant to disgust me, to convince me that abortion is a barbaric act of killing. But I don’t see death in these videos. I see hope.

ALS kills people by causing their motor neurons to degenerate. These neurons go from the brain to the spinal cord, then travel from the spinal cord to muscles throughout the body. When they degenerate, you lose the ability to control voluntary muscle movement. Eating, talking, swallowing, breathing: All of these functions rely, to some extent, on healthy motor neurons. When you can no longer move a muscle, it atrophies. Eventually, your respiratory muscles can no longer contract, and you suffocate.

Stem cells hold terrific promise for the treatment—and, eventually, the defeat—of ALS. The most useful stem cells are found in fertilized embryos and fetuses, where they haven’t yet developed into specialized cells. (Scientists can also reprogram adult cells to act like embryonic stem cells, but these reprogrammed cells, while useful for research, have not been shown to be therapeutically safe.)

The first Food and Drug Administration–approved clinical trials to treat ALS with fetal stem cells are already underway. Any treatment derived from fetal tissue is many years away at best, but the early research has been a success. Stem cells injected into ALS patients’ spinal cords have survived for years and have caused few side effects. The cells seem to protect diseased motor neurons, stimulating their survival. With motor neurons restored to health, muscle atrophy slows or ceases. The experimental treatment slowed or reversed the progression of the disease in several patients in a small Phase I clinical trial.

<snip>

Based on your story, I take it you are out here stumping for PP.

So these embryonic stem cells that are so valuable for this research, how are they obtaining them from these 11.5 week old fetus's and others in that same range??

You really don't know much about cellular research do you??

It is right there in your article, you are just too stupid too realize the statement and the ramifications.
11.5 weeks old? Not even near developing consciousness/etc.. I don't give a fuck.

Lou Gehrig, Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, Woody Guthrie... had diseases that might've been helped by Planned Parenthood.

By Mark Joseph Stern
July 31 2015

<snip>

There is currently no cure for ALS. There will be some day. And that cure may very well be derived from stem cells taken from aborted fetuses.

I can’t help but remember that fact when I watch the videos, taken by undercover anti-abortion activists, of Planned Parenthood technicians discussing how to preserve fetal tissue to be donated for research. The graphic images of aborted fetuses are meant to disgust me, to convince me that abortion is a barbaric act of killing. But I don’t see death in these videos. I see hope.

ALS kills people by causing their motor neurons to degenerate. These neurons go from the brain to the spinal cord, then travel from the spinal cord to muscles throughout the body. When they degenerate, you lose the ability to control voluntary muscle movement. Eating, talking, swallowing, breathing: All of these functions rely, to some extent, on healthy motor neurons. When you can no longer move a muscle, it atrophies. Eventually, your respiratory muscles can no longer contract, and you suffocate.

Stem cells hold terrific promise for the treatment—and, eventually, the defeat—of ALS. The most useful stem cells are found in fertilized embryos and fetuses, where they haven’t yet developed into specialized cells. (Scientists can also reprogram adult cells to act like embryonic stem cells, but these reprogrammed cells, while useful for research, have not been shown to be therapeutically safe.)

The first Food and Drug Administration–approved clinical trials to treat ALS with fetal stem cells are already underway. Any treatment derived from fetal tissue is many years away at best, but the early research has been a success. Stem cells injected into ALS patients’ spinal cords have survived for years and have caused few side effects. The cells seem to protect diseased motor neurons, stimulating their survival. With motor neurons restored to health, muscle atrophy slows or ceases. The experimental treatment slowed or reversed the progression of the disease in several patients in a small Phase I clinical trial.

<snip>

Based on your story, I take it you are out here stumping for PP.

So these embryonic stem cells that are so valuable for this research, how are they obtaining them from these 11.5 week old fetus's and others in that same range??

You really don't know much about cellular research do you??

It is right there in your article, you are just too stupid too realize the statement and the ramifications.
11.5 weeks old? Not even near developing consciousness/etc.. I don't give a fuck.

I am sure you don't, it is pieces of shit like you both sides detest.

The Supreme court says this all moot, the law is done and agreed. Nobody is crazy about the gory details, and thank god we have free birth control now. Just another stupid, devisive wedge issue for greedy idiot lying thieving Pubs to use on the dupes...

By Mark Joseph Stern
July 31 2015

<snip>

<snip>

More BS from the BS factory.

We are pleased to present FRC's June update on advances in human treatments and research with adult stem cells. This is the third report. The prior ones were "Adult Stem Cell Success Stories - 2006"[2] and "Adult Stem Cell Success Stories-2007 Update".[3] Every six months, we will present new cases of people being helped by adult stem cells, which are abundant throughout the human body and whose use does not pose the ethical dilemmas encountered with embryonic stem cell research. Adult stem cells are already being used to treat over 73 different conditions and are the subject of over 1400 FDA approved trials. We invite you to read about real people being helped by adult stem cell research.

Family Research Council

well, let them go breed and then abort monkeys and they can use them for research. THEY used to before these Pro-abortion nutters screamed bloody murder and went and caused the destruction of labs the work was being done

PP are not any better than a murdering Butcher. and so are you people who stands by them

well, let them go breed and then abort monkeys and they can use them for research. THEY used to before these Pro-abortion nutters screamed bloody murder and went and caused the destruction of labs the work was being done

PP are not any better than a murdering Butcher. and so are you people who stands by them

So you'd put women to death by lethal injection for having an abortion?

Liar.

YAWN

people are outraged

big trouble ahead for PP

oh yeah, THEY can try and spin until they're blue in the face. I hope this DESTROYS PP. At least have our tax dollars defunded from them. they can go beg for monies on a street corner

Didn't listen to the interview.

Well if PP is not selling tissue, then what are they doing??

Planned parenthood is in possession of fetal tissue after abortions.

Researcher's are paying money to PP for those tissues.

If that does not constitute a sell, the exchange of cash for tissue, what would you classify that transactions as??

I mean Planned Parenthood is selling fetal tissue, baby parts would be from a human after conception.

So besides the semantics, what do you think is true about that statement or tape??

But all of that is not true because the transactions meet the letter of the law.

By Mark Joseph Stern
July 31 2015

<snip>

<snip>
Ok Star...get bizzy...we'll crush your first conceived for starters...

Forum List

Back