No tip? Go to jail. I've heard it all now...

Why do I get the feeling that only half of the story is being told here?

Granted, I'll stiff a wait...er..."server" if the service is shitty (I'm a 20%-er otherwise), but I've not heard of a party of fewer than six being gratted on restaurant tabs anywhere in America.

well at least you feel financially secure at the Longhorn Steakhouse..... do you pay much tax on your tips?

So the owners claimed they offered to comp the food for bad service, but had them arrested for not giving a tip

They had to be liberals.....

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!

Not quite.

The worst tippers are the cult like people whose women wear coffee filters on their head, Nascar fans, FFA conventioneers and the hicks in town for the State Fair.

Trust me, this is from years of waiting on these cheap asses while in college.

Not quite.

The worst tippers are the cult like people whose women wear coffee filters on their head, Nascar fans, FFA conventioneers and the hicks in town for the State Fair.

Softball tournament players.

Not quite.

Service has to be really bad for me not to leave a tip, for average bad you get 2 pennies but for everyone else it's 20%. The vast majority get 20%. My brother-in-law is a college educated, redneck, liberal and refuses to leave a tip, he actually tried to pick up one I left a long while back. I almost took his hand off at the wrist. His reasoning is: "They get paid hourly don't they, besides it's their job".

Not quite.

Service has to be really bad for me not to leave a tip, for average bad you get 2 pennies but for everyone else it's 20%. The vast majority get 20%. My brother-in-law is a college educated, redneck, liberal and refuses to leave a tip, he actually tried to pick up one I left a long while back. I almost took his hand off at the wrist. His reasoning is: "They get paid hourly don't they, besides it's their job".

What an asshole!
Yeah, they get paid hourly, $2.13 an hour in my day. Not sure it's much more now.

The reason you (not you personally, but people) tip is because you're sitting on your fat ass and someone is bringing you everything you ask for. If you don't like/want to tip, then go to a fast food joint or a cafeteria.

Not quite.

My bartending experience with overt libs is mixed.

A few were borderline ostentatious in their excess tipping, while most were pretty stingy if not total stiffs. Connies/libertarians/political agnostics were harder to gauge, as far I found fewer of them who wore their politics on their sleeves.

Not quite.

My bartending experience with overt libs is mixed.

A few were borderline ostentatious in their excess tipping, while most were pretty stingy if not total stiffs. Connies/libertarians/political agnostics were harder to gauge, as far I found fewer of them who wore their politics on their sleeves.

Bahahahahahahaahahaha!

Who are the best tippers in the world? Other restaurant/ex restaurant workers.

Almost all restaurants have a disclaimer that parties of a certain size will be assessed a gratuity.

You get around this by asking for separate checks for each couple.

Forum List

Back